News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Miss ELM? Check this out.

Started by The Wolf, September 02, 2012, 19:22

The Wolf

Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

Pimm

I need a siren sound mod to complete the "Police pack"...

If at least I could find the one in the video...
ACCOUNT DELETED

Joshly98

Awesome :D Can't wait to try it out!

Clutch

Lawl, Screw This, I always used ELM.  :)
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 16:25
I'd really LOVE to live in 'Merika .

I will for sure do the Romanian-American University after i finish my highschool and probabilly apply for a job there, but we gonna see what time decides .
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 21:34
i am 'merikan .

mick88

ELM or ELS, whatever you call it, it's not allowed as long as other players can see it.

Hobo

Quote from: mick88 on September 13, 2012, 20:24
ELM or ELS, whatever you call it, it's not allowed as long as other players can see it.
You can only see it if you also have ELS with a compatible modded vehicle

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Joshly98

Wait...... so is it allowed or not? I'm confused.

RaceRX

its a non visable mod to other players as far as i understand.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Mooze

Right i know this has been going on for AGES and AGES and all of the times Mick has said No , cause he doesnt want flashing lights.

But what if it was alright to have ELM but ONLY use it on Police cars,  otherwise = kick.  still dont listen..   Ban.

i can understand that mick says no due to the fact that SOME people still have a crappy PC but theres not many pc's that cant handle the flashes
and im sure that those that use Cleo + ELM will be aware of how everything works. so surely they will have read the rules.
what if the admins have a  "gathering" and discuss this subject yet once again.

like i said i understand that mick said no due to people randomly driving by with flashing lights ( which in my opinion deserves a kick/ban)  but it makes it (imo) more fun as a cop. i actually had it installed untill i browsed the forum and saw you werent allowed to use it. but i only used it for a cop. 

also i have seen MANY people hosting car shows. and i'd think for them it would be fun too. just "hanging" out with their cars flashing lol.

as long as you dont drive around in a normal car with your lights flashing

and i've just realised..   why not a Fixed penalty of 10-50k  for driving around in your normal car and you have your ELM turned on.
perhaps even higher, that way people will soon enough reconsider turning their ELM on while being in a civilian vehicle.

That way its the same as in real life. they give you a fine and tell you to rip out the system there and then on the spot
why not the same on the server? ( yes i understand that it would make a hell of alot more work for mods/admins ) but the other day i was playing and i believe it was TheGame that was going insane cause for 2 hours long there hadn't been a /report

please think about it and the points im putting on the table.

ELM in police car = accepted in Chases
ELM in Civilian car = Huge ass fine or  Kick- kick - ban

sounds fair in my opinion :)

Regards Nick

Terrorista310

Quote from: Mooze on October 02, 2012, 22:55
Right i know this has been going on for AGES and AGES and all of the times Mick has said No , cause he doesnt want flashing lights.

But what if it was alright to have ELM but ONLY use it on Police cars,  otherwise = kick.  still dont listen..   Ban.

i can understand that mick says no due to the fact that SOME people still have a crappy PC but theres not many pc's that cant handle the flashes
and im sure that those that use Cleo + ELM will be aware of how everything works. so surely they will have read the rules.
what if the admins have a  "gathering" and discuss this subject yet once again.

like i said i understand that mick said no due to people randomly driving by with flashing lights ( which in my opinion deserves a kick/ban)  but it makes it (imo) more fun as a cop. i actually had it installed untill i browsed the forum and saw you werent allowed to use it. but i only used it for a cop. 

also i have seen MANY people hosting car shows. and i'd think for them it would be fun too. just "hanging" out with their cars flashing lol.

as long as you dont drive around in a normal car with your lights flashing

and i've just realised..   why not a Fixed penalty of 10-50k  for driving around in your normal car and you have your ELM turned on.
perhaps even higher, that way people will soon enough reconsider turning their ELM on while being in a civilian vehicle.

That way its the same as in real life. they give you a fine and tell you to rip out the system there and then on the spot
why not the same on the server? ( yes i understand that it would make a hell of alot more work for mods/admins ) but the other day i was playing and i believe it was TheGame that was going insane cause for 2 hours long there hadn't been a /report

please think about it and the points im putting on the table.

ELM in police car = accepted in Chases
ELM in Civilian car = Huge ass fine or  Kick- kick - ban

sounds fair in my opinion :)

Regards Nick

I gonna save you some time, the real reason for ELM is not allowed is because if you have empty fuel and you turn on ELM on max you can drive the car.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Mooze

really?  Fuck that shit thats lame ! is there any way to get rid of it ?
or is it cause it clashes with the scripts from the server ?

man.. i really had my hopes up lol :)
well thank you for that , indeed saves me alot of time, imma have to try that out some time cause someone told me that with the latest one it doesnt happen ( but still i understand where you're comming from cause other people will probably install the old versions just to keep that glitch )

on that note. Forget whatever i just wrote... ELM sucks ! xD lolol
thank you terror for making a "valid" point imo :)

regards
Nick

TheSandman

Going on what Terrorista said, i believe its also because the server starts your car engine based on you doing /engine or pressing W/(Whatever your accelerate key is), but with ELS/ELM its the game that physically starts your car, not the server, so the server thinks the engine is off.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Ethan

Quote from: mick88 on September 13, 2012, 20:24

the wise man has spoken, again

Mooze

well i was thinking actually..

Still if you see a civillian car driving with elm. that would mean that they would be either using a the glitch or driving with the ELM on,
so again you could give it a Huge fine.
i dont mean a 5k fine or such. but more like 50-100k fine

and the point of it not being allowed cause others can see it.
i wouldnt actually mind seeing a police car chase me with so many flashing lights
anything better than those silly 2tone glowing lightbars lol

and as for the "others can see it"
you can have your indicaters on. thats visable to others aswell 
thats my opinion about it
but i understand the problems with ELM seeing like you said driving without fuel.
but that would mean that you would be flashing so then it would be fineable :)

but yeah, its alright i understand it wont be allowed, it was just a suggestion to get it on the game :)
cheers for the time tho :)