News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Need some computer help

Started by The Wolf, August 12, 2012, 19:30

The Wolf

I need a new CPU but don't know what I need to run it, I know a bit about computers but not when it comes to this stuff.

Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 5770
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
RAM - 3.6GB

I don't know what else I need to post but, I need a CPU that can run GTAIV on high settings with mods. I may add more RAM if needed but I think the graphics card is good right?
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

Dr_dog

i5 if you got limited funds and i7 if you got money to spare. also 4GB would be good amount of RAM but 8GB is better and yourr system wont be confused after you exit GTA IV for while. Dunno about radeon 5770. is that 512 or 1024 card? Might need upgrade aswell.
Your core 2 is fairly old and its dual core only. I had a core 2 quad and it barely ran GTA IV without FPS being under 30
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

The Wolf

I'm sorry, I really don't know. Is there a program I can run and I can paste my computer specs, if not I can post a dxdiag.
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

mrtrlt

Try Pc wizard. That will give you detailed specs.

Kenny_Power

I had an E8400 solid CPU to OC. Use CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html and post specs. You may be able to put a core 2 quad into your current mobo witch is what I was gonna do with mine a Q6600 to be exact because they are so cheap now