Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Started by Benny, August 04, 2012, 05:26

Benny

Eurotruck Simulator 2 – Letter to the Community
Dear friends of Convoy Trucking,
I have news about the Euro Truck Simulator 2 release: finally, we are ready to commit to a specific release time.
This piece of good news may however be mixed with a bit of disappointment, especially for the less patient among you.
We have been working on the game for almost two years, sticking to the proverbial "when it's done" planning all this time. Now, at last we are confident that the status of "good enough to be proud of the achievement" is on the horizon.
We have set the release time to first week of August 2012.
We are aware that waiting almost 6 more months is a lot for many of you. We haven't announced any release date ourselves until now, but some of our distributors have been working with speculative time-frames for the release, raising hope among you of an earlier release.
Taking 30 months to develop a game is a tough decision to arrive to. It is testing the patience of you – fans of our games, it is testing the patience of our distributors, and it is definitely testing the dedication of the development team. However we are confident that it was The Right Thing to do – we needed enough time to re-factor the graphics engine at the core of the game and to develop the cool effects on top of it, we needed the time to build the high-detail 3D models to populate the virtual world with, it took considerable effort and time to establish industrial and commercial relationships that will elevate our games to a new level. Giving in to time pressure would only result in us having to make too many compromises. We have just one chance to make a good first impression.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 will bring a massive improvement over our previous games, but in fact, it will "only" be a major milestone along a long and windy road ahead. There are many cool features that we would like to add, but lots of things will have to wait for a future game or games. Our wish list is very long, and you are constantly helping us grow it even longer with your input and feedback. It would be a dream scenario to be able to pack all those features in – season changes through the year, cities teeming with pedestrians, other types of big vehicles to drive, being able to get out of the cabin and explore the world on foot, vehicle damage from collisions, real brands for everything in the world, loading and unloading cargo from the trailer, multiplayer, covering all of Europe from Iberian Peninsula to Ural mountains, from polar circle to Asia Minor, and then going beyond the confines of Europe to both North and South America, to Africa, Asia and Australia, the list goes on and on. Euro Truck Simulator 2 should be a solid step towards the goal of the ultimate truck simulator, but only the first such step (well, second actually). With your continuing help and support, we want to continue the effort beyond the release of the game and take the remaining steps in the years to come.
Many of you may question why we are taking so long, and why we are not able to grant more of your wishes for features to include, why we are not covering more European countries. The answer is the same that we have always offered – truck simulation games are far from mainstream, and limited sales of our past games can only support a small development team. With ETS2 we have taken a bold step to grow the team size, from 5-7 to a bit over 10 people, but compared to AAA driving games productions with hundreds of people on payroll, we are tiny. We are trying to punch above our weight, putting in as much content and features as we humanly could manage to produce, but to build even more, we will have to rely on profits that should hopefully come from future sales of our games. If you want more features, bigger world and more vehicles in our games, all I can say is this: If you consider our games worth playing, consider them worth buying, too. Recommending them to friends wouldn't hurt either.
Your wait for something new from SCS Software doesn't have to take full six months though. As you have learned with the release of Trucks & Trailers, there are actually two internal teams at SCS Software now working in parallel. While the bigger team is still toiling on our opus magnum – Euro Truck Simulator 2, the smaller team is now taking advantage of a new opportunity arising out of our cooperation with the transportation industry. Very soon, you can expect an announcement about an exciting project that's under way in our labs, project which should be out even before ETS2 hits the stores. These smaller projects turn out to be significant contributors to pursuing the dream of the ultimate all-encompassing truck sim, and while they deserve merit on their own, we hope that you can understand that they are not delaying us from working on ETS2, but rather helping us finance its development and broaden its feature set.
Please keep your patience in check and stay loyal to us, and keep your eyes and mind open for future announcements from SCS Software on this blog. To keep the long wait a bit tolerable, we will be sure to post more news, images and movies from what we are working on.
Yours sincerely,
Pavel Sebor
CEO, SCS Software

Some videos of how can u tune ur truck in ETS2!
[hide=Videos]
MAN TGX

Scania R series

Mercedes-Benz Actros

[/hide]
:smile: :fuckyeah:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

TheSandman

Hurry up and be released so i can torrent you! P:
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Benny

Quote from: TheSandman on August 04, 2012, 05:55
Hurry up and be released so i can torrent you! P:
Well not me :P i will buy it :D it's only 33€ by me.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Dr_dog

I'll definatly buy it and support SCS to continue with whatever next game and make it playable. Probably 5th game i ever bought
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Supra

Euro Truck Simulator is one of those few games it is stupid and lame to pirate. They are the only reason why you can play a nice and well-made truck simulation game, and they deserve the support. Also, they need it. Truck simulators are a small market, and I believe them when they say their budget is tight..

DJ_Smashon

A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Benny

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on August 04, 2012, 11:16
When will it be released?

Can't u read?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

DJ_Smashon

Quote from: Benny_Benassy on August 04, 2012, 11:21
Quote from: DJ_Smashon on August 04, 2012, 11:16
When will it be released?

Can't u read?

I didn't read that whole text... or didn't read anything of it.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Supreme

Nice game, always makes me ragequit xD
One time I parked my truck at the border from Germany and Holland, and I came to Berlin and my trailer was left behind at that parking at the border.  :D

About the text:
:fuckthat: tl;dr

Marccc

Cant wait for a download, that tuning parts looks so cool!

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Twido

wish i could buy it.. i couldn't even find ETS in the shops here, truck games are rare here :s can't wait to torrent or buy from somewhere else....

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Spekter

Quote from: Twido on August 04, 2012, 14:54
wish i could buy it.. i couldn't even find ETS in the shops here, truck games are rare here :s can't wait to torrent or buy from somewhere else....

That's exactly what my problem is. If i saw ETS2 for retail sale, i would buy it without thinking. But if they don't want to make it available for sale here, that's their fault. I have no other choice but to pirate it.

Benny

Quote from: Sveki on August 04, 2012, 15:00
Quote from: Twido on August 04, 2012, 14:54

That's exactly what my problem is. If i saw ETS2 for retail sale, i would buy it without thinking. But if they don't want to make it available for sale here, that's their fault. I have no other choice but to pirate it.

Hahaha not by me, i can buy it :D but if i buy it now i won't get it until it comes out.

Here u can see it: > http://www.gameshop.si/PC/EuroTruckSimulator2.htm?pg=artikel&invtid=85018&cat=990&subcat=999

By me it comes out on 10th of august :P that's next week.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Lindsey

Finally a trucking game and not this falsely titled convoy trucking!

ETS 2 is something i'll be buying :)

Convoy trucking is more like convoy policing, or convoy thieving these days.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Clutch

Quote from: Lindsey on August 04, 2012, 16:52
Finally a trucking game and not this falsely titled convoy trucking!

ETS 2 is something i'll be buying :)

Convoy trucking is more like convoy policing, or convoy thieving these days.
Or Convoy I-saw-what-you-did-there these days.  O0
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 16:25
I'd really LOVE to live in 'Merika .

I will for sure do the Romanian-American University after i finish my highschool and probabilly apply for a job there, but we gonna see what time decides .
Quote from: turtle.the.ripper on January 16, 2013, 21:34
i am 'merikan .