Cops arresting system

Started by Lindsey, July 30, 2012, 22:58

Toux

Meeh. I dont really like this idea. Oh bollocks i cant choose. So its a 0 for me

Joshy

-1, the thief system should be fixed, not the cop system. Cop system is fine as it is imo, maybe the range should be reduced a little bit but that's all.

I think the "1 star on attempted hijack" should be removed, then give armored van thieves around 20 seconds head start (it's like the armored van driver is calling 9-1-1 for police) unless they are in vicinity of police.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Trucker_martin

+100 Love your idea Lindsey <3

It will make it more realistic to!

kukimaki

If this suggestion would be done, everyone would just want to spawn to thief, and nobody wanted to spawn as cop. The example of securicars' hijacking system clearly shows what would happen: arresting would be almost impossible, only if ramming suspect till broken down (IMO over 90% of hijacking securicars happens via breaking it down). This is a trucking server, never forget about it.
(If reality is the target to reach, every suspect that finished his 'job' should remain suspect even if no police nearby...)

Dr_dog

Quote from: kukimaki on August 02, 2012, 07:45
If this suggestion would be done, everyone would just want to spawn to thief, and nobody wanted to spawn as cop. The example of securicars' hijacking system clearly shows what would happen: arresting would be almost impossible, only if ramming suspect till broken down (IMO over 90% of hijacking securicars happens via breaking it down). This is a trucking server, never forget about it.
(If reality is the target to reach, every suspect that finished his 'job' should remain suspect even if no police nearby...)

But this is not RP server. And if we really would concentrate on trucking, there would be no other classes.
Also in real life police dont just throw you to jail from 20kph speed.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Lindsey

Quote from: Dr_dog on August 02, 2012, 08:48
Quote from: kukimaki on August 02, 2012, 07:45

But this is not RP server. And if we really would concentrate on trucking, there would be no other classes.
Also in real life police dont just throw you to jail from 20kph speed.

that's what annoys me so much, in some areas this server is realistic, and then in other areas it's downright unrealistic and unfair.
Lets have something that's a straight line for everyone, fair chance for all.
I've never known anyone to run a server, where one "class" is seriously undervalued, and almost cheated.
Mick thinks it's ok, he just tells people not to do it, yeah that's totally fixing the problem.

View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

QuoteAlso in real life police dont just throw you to jail from 20kph speed.

No they don't, they lay down stop-sticks.  Or PIT the vehicle.  Neither of which works on CVT.  In CVT a motorcycle can T-Bone a police cruiser and throw the cruiser across the map and keep driving.  In RL ops can also stop crooks from hijacking armored cars.  They don't have to follow until the armored car is stolen to take action.  Impliment the new arrest system.  But make the crooks have to sit at the unload for 10 seconds like securicars do.
You change the arrest system like you suggest, the cops will just have to ram them until they are disabled like the securicars and the crooks will still cry and whine about the cops.  Then your just going to make it a demolition derby. 

TK   C:-)

Lindsey

I actually think you're just a lazy noob with this :

But make the crooks have to sit at the unload for 10 seconds like securicars do.
You realise that as soon as securicars get to the unload they are safe?

THIEVES CAN NOT HIJACK SECURICARS IN UNLOAD.

Your idea sucks.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

StormBreaker

Yea sure, make the arrests harder. If a player is with boxburg/boxville in San Fierro  he manages almost 80% to escape and complete the mission whithout any cop near him. After this suggestion cops should go after him, ramm him after his engine stops (which is even harder for cops, a lot of players have lag and that vehicles have good health) and then step out of vehicle and arrest him. Oh and let's not forget about the EXTREMELY short mission in San Fierro.

I think only the range of the arrest should be smaller.

-1 !

DeHavilland

IDGAF if this will be added or not! :D +1 anyway
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Lindsey

Quote from: StormBreaker on August 02, 2012, 15:08
Yea sure, make the arrests harder. If a player is with boxburg/boxville in San Fierro  he manages almost 80% to escape and complete the mission whithout any cop near him. After this suggestion cops should go after him, ramm him after his engine stops (which is even harder for cops, a lot of players have lag and that vehicles have good health) and then step out of vehicle and arrest him. Oh and let's not forget about the EXTREMELY short mission in San Fierro.

-1 !

You haven't even done thieving missions, so shut the fuck up.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Joshly98

Quote from: Lindsey on August 03, 2012, 13:56
Quote from: StormBreaker on August 02, 2012, 15:08

-1 !

:lol:

kukimaki

The honest opinion of a true, loving Administrator. :) By the way, if I continue your way of thinking a few posts ago, those who suggest/support this idea either suck at hijacking armored vans, or wanna have a good point at you. :trollface:

Lindsey

Quote from: kukimaki on August 03, 2012, 15:14

The honest opinion of a true, loving Administrator. :) By the way, if I continue your way of thinking a few posts ago, those who suggest/support this idea either suck at hijacking armored vans, or wanna have a good point at you. :trollface:

It's my thread, I'll do as I wish. And for your information, I've managed for steal 9 armoured cars, and only been caught twice.
The problem is, most of the time I've got to avoid cops with /quitting the server because the vehicle won't start.

I don't see why the server can't heal the van automatically as soon as the thief jacks it.
[hide=awesomeness]
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

StormBreaker

Quote from: Lindsey on August 04, 2012, 11:24
Quote from: kukimaki on August 03, 2012, 15:14

I don't see why the server can't heal the van automatically as soon as the thief jacks it.
I like this idea, it's like in real life  ;)