News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Thief's hard life

Started by Jedi, July 25, 2012, 15:19

Jedi

Here I show you all the hard job of a thief while stealing armored vans. Thi is not a complain post, it's like a tutorial of the worst and hardest parts of stealing armored vans and its unfair sides.

NOTE: All people which regard armored vans mission too "difficult and unfair" and wants more advantages for this kind of mission are invited to watch these videos. Thank you.

First video show how armored van drivers can behave against a thief that succesfully manage to stop him for hijack, the player prefer to quit the server, in this chase the action taken is /q

Second video show how when a van chatches fire, the player prefer kill himself instead of calling assistance and giving the thief the possibility to hijack his van, in this chase the action taken is /kill

Third video show the heath of the van. With ramming the van for stop it, it get poor or wreck, till finally the player can't drive anymore, so you get out of the car and hijack it, but you will have to drive with the same health you hijacked it, good, poor, or wrecked, so you have to get out and /fix, hoping that no cops come, or if you decide to drive in poor state, only a little ramm from cops can wreck the van, stopping the engine and losing your mission. In the end, you do lots of work for nothing.
(go directly at 2:20 if you don't want to see the whole chase)

Fourth and final video show how cops are useful only to wait till you do your job. Happen that lots of times cops who see a thief ramming armored vans decide too help van drivers with ramming thieves (this rule is still don't known by a lot of new cops), or for who know this, they watch the chase from the distance, waiting till the thief do his job. The cop have nothing else to do then arrest the thief when he get in the van. So you stopped and hijacked a van for nothing.

Stop. This is the actual life for a thief to steal an armored van.

Final message for all players:
I managed to hijack succesfully only 36 vans till now, i don't know if there are some players with more. But the sure fact is that some people already finished this achievement, and the large part of you have already 200-300-400 missions with vans, so...don't you think it's already easy enough do this kind of mission? Is so needed bitching about thieves and wanting more advantages? How many times can happen to lose a mission in cause of a thief in front of complete it? The ratio says it all.

Stealing armored vans is an achievement like all others, I doubt all of you will never try to achieve it, so if one day you will robbing like me now, why you want more advantages for van drivers when you will have already finished that achivement?

Thank you.           
Regards, Jedi.

PS. sorry for bad video quality, i don't know how to improve it  :(

[hide=quotes]
Quote from: Joshy on August 31, 2012, 16:16
Go Jedi!
Quote from: Vado19 on March 08, 2013, 00:03
i no longer want to taste that cake because jedi fapped all over it.....
[/hide]

Strato

Rockey

Couldnt agree more, the same happens with house robberys, in the way that cops will just follow until somthing happens..

TheGame

Jedi, first off all, nice story.
For both sides (thiefs, securivan drivers) is it hard to do their job.
If mick changes that, both sides will have a better stay and everyone happy.

Terrorista310

Thief life isn't easy, you have to understand that, one day you robbing a house, next day you getting but raped in prison shower, now stop bitching because is a hard work to do.
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

GeneralLee

Quote from: rockey96 on July 25, 2012, 16:12
Couldnt agree more, the same happens with house robberys, in the way that cops will just follow until somthing happens..

Benny

Yea thats why i suggets that we remove the hijacking the armored van achievement cause it doesn't belong on a Trucking server such as CVT.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Ethan

thank you very much Jedi for re-iterating the fact that I never be attempting to do the armored van missions.

Spekter

Hijacking missions would be far easier when there wouldn't be lamers that either  /q, /kill or /rm sec when a thief puts them to a halt.

I would like to use this opportunity to remind El_Vikingo, Stteve and many others that they will be doing hijack missions themselves and that it will be a bit tough, taking into account reputation they are currently making for themselves by doing the above mentioned things.

Joshy

Regarding quitting the server when you are getting hijacked, I have a suggestion for this. In reality, if you abandoned your loaded armored van (loaded with cash) you would be suspended or even dismissed from the company that you work for. I suggest that something similar is implemented in CT.

For example, when a player does /q at any time when armored van is loaded, a message will be sent to them saying:
You have been suspended from securicar duties for __ minutes as you abandoned your loaded armored van when you left the server
OR
When the player leaves, leave the securicar there as it still contains the load. However since SA-MP (I think) automatically restores the vehicle that the driver is driving on quit, there may be a technical issue here.

I think this should be applied to people who timeout as there are many ways to intentionally appear "timed out" to the server.

About when the armored car ignites... usually the gamemode stops vehicles from exploding (setting vhealth to 300.0 every now and again if the vhealth is under 300.0) however if you are going at a high speed it won't do this for some reason (not sure if intentional to make insurance actually worth something or a bug). Considering the armored van is armored, it should survive a lot of hits and shouldn't even ignite.

Does anyone else think we should have a "name and shame" list of all people who /q on arrest / hijack?
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Hobo

Quote from: Joshy on July 25, 2012, 21:09
Regarding quitting the server when you are getting hijacked, I have a suggestion for this. In reality, if you abandoned your loaded armored van (loaded with cash) you would be suspended or even dismissed from the company that you work for. I suggest that something similar is implemented in CT.

For example, when a player does /q at any time when armored van is loaded, a message will be sent to them saying:
You have been suspended from securicar duties for __ minutes as you abandoned your loaded armored van when you left the server

I think this should be applied to people who timeout as there are many ways to intentionally appear "timed out" to the server.

About when the armored car ignites... usually the gamemode stops vehicles from exploding (setting vhealth to 300.0 every now and again if the vhealth is under 300.0) however if you are going at a high speed it won't do this for some reason (not sure if intentional to make insurance actually worth something or a bug). Considering the armored van is armored, it should survive a lot of hits and shouldn't even ignite.

Does anyone else think we should have a "name and shame" list of all people who /q on arrest / hijack?
Agree with everything above.
"Name and shame" list could be entertaining too :D

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

ThomasKirkman

Humm, not a bad idea that "Name and Shame List"  or "Wall of Shame".  It could have an additional section.  Thieves that despawn to avoid arrest.  But then there are those with no brain cells that would think it an honor to see their names there.

TK   C:-)

Joshy

I'll get working on a layout for the Wall of Shame :)
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mick88

Quote from: Joshy on July 25, 2012, 21:09

OR
When the player leaves, leave the securicar there as it still contains the load. However since SA-MP (I think) automatically restores the vehicle that the driver is driving on quit, there may be a technical issue here.

Actually, when you abandon a loaded truck, you lose money. If you get hijacked you don't. I don't know if people noticed, but it's better to give up the van to thief than fail mission.

Ethan

Quote from: mick88 on July 25, 2012, 22:40
it's better to give up the van to thief than fail mission.

you still lose the mission either way, its a lose-lose thing