Auto unmute

Started by Benny, July 04, 2012, 22:08

Benny

I hate when there are no admins/mods online and then u get muted so i'd like to suggest an auto unmute after 1 minute or such?
What do u guys think abauth it?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

DeHavilland

Been suggested before and yeah +1 we should need one!
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

The_Spinner

Strato

Spekter

And what if there is some spammer/advertiser? He would constantly spam, get muted, get unmuted, spam, and so on.
If you get muted while no staff is around, you can just relog or wait some time for a staff member to connect. Not a big problem, really.

I think mute system should stay just like it is. -1

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Not big deal,it is good like it is, i wanna stay, -1

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

R16RACA

you were muted for a reason, you are given fair warning. -1
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Addis

Quote from: R16RACA on July 04, 2012, 23:49
you were muted for a reason, you are given fair warning. -1

[hide=Konali's Story]
I will explain it in another way: Once upon a time, a speed hacked connected to Convoy Trucking. He thought he was the king with his magic speedhacks and he couldnt be caught. Unfortunatly Smokey the bear had just the lastest :letmebanallcheaters: update and the speedhacker got caught. Alot of days went by and he decided to appeal his ban. Some lazy ass admin called Konali checked on his profile and saw he had 10 days left to be unbanned. All that there was left was locking the appeal and hoping that it would be clear to the player now.

so uhmmmmm basicly: you cannot appeal fair bans/but your time is served in 10 days so just wait and uhm.. enjoy my story. ok
[/hide]

Ethan

Quote from: sveki on July 04, 2012, 22:28
I think mute system should stay just like it is. -1

I agree.. if you get muted, its for a reason, for a punishment. auto-unmute sounds wrong...   cant do the time, dont do the crime

Deff

But there should be some limit, a spammer troll will obviously join the server just to troll and spam, not to do missions, so yeah if they get muted they will relog as they wouldn't be having any current missions nor they care about that, and find other ways of spamming for example, using codes (/afk [text] ; /h [text] ; etc.) for spamming, but the person who got muted accidentally (by pressing T and upward arrow key) and he/she is one of the regular players, then that person would be doing his/her mission , they can't simply relog.

Quote from: sveki on July 04, 2012, 22:28
And what if there is some spammer/advertiser? He would constantly spam, get muted, get unmuted, spam, and so on.
He can repeat a particular line only once, and he will get muted. The unmute can be delayed to around 10 minutes to prevent this, besides, if someone really comes with an intention to spam advertisement, then they can easily by-pass the anti-spam script by putting in spaces and letters after each message or just delay the messages for few seconds, this can also be done by the help of few software automatically (not naming them), so the anti-spam script can't really prevent someone from intentional spamming.

Joshy

I do think the anti-flood should be a little less sensitive, but if you can't see the red message in chat stating "you will be banned if you continue spamming", then that's your fault.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

$nake

+1, but only for players with 1000 truck missions and above :)

Storm94

Quote from: Joshy on July 05, 2012, 07:39
I do think the anti-flood should be a little less sensitive, but if you can't see the red message in chat stating "you will be banned if you continue spamming", then that's your fault.

Pretty much this. Besides, you only have to wait 5 seconds to send your message again and it wont trigger the anti-flood.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

TheFluttershyPony

Quote from: $nake on July 05, 2012, 07:40

+1, that would prevent us from spammers/advertisers. Even 100 truck missions would be enough.

R16RACA

Quote from: TheFluttershyPony on July 05, 2012, 09:50
Quote from: $nake on July 05, 2012, 07:40

+1, that would prevent us from spammers/advertisers. Even 100 truck missions would be enough.

you'd be surprised
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]