Video recording microphone question.

Started by Nate, June 22, 2012, 18:12

Nate

Trying to record videos of piano for youtube, and the mic that is built into the webcam is terrible. Will this work with my computer:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2123173
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Matias

If it have a plug in like the one at the back of your PC then it should work, if not you can always buy an adapter or if the signal you get at the PC is too low you can use an amplifier, just remember that if you connect an amplifier you must connect at Line IN plug in because with an AMP you can fuck your sound card :P

Nate

Quote from: Beelzeboss on June 22, 2012, 18:22
If it have a plug in like the one at the back of your PC then it should work, if not you can always buy an adapter or if the signal you get at the PC is too low you can use an amplifier, just remember that if you connect an amplifier you must connect at Line IN plug in because with an AMP you can fuck your sound card :P

Thanks Matias cookie for you :)
[/spoiler]

Matias

Quote from: Nate on June 22, 2012, 18:59
Quote from: Beelzeboss on June 22, 2012, 18:22

Thanks Matias cookie for you :)

Hehe thanks :P
Ask me whatever you dont understand about it, i can help you if i know it  :OK:

Geckco

if you have an iphone you can record the sound like that, while you record on webcam. When it comes to editing, edit the sound off the webcam, and add the iphone recording you have.

Sony vegas pro 11 ^^^
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Dan_Nobleman

It says it has a 1/4" plug in it, which really only is used in amplifiers / professional sound boards, I would recommend that you look for a different one instead of looking for an adapter, since there may be a compatibility issue between what your computer is capable of recording compared to what professional audio equipment can handle. I'm only suggesting it, because I can assure you that you will not have the plug on your computer, but if you want to look for an adapter, fine by me.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Matias

Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on June 23, 2012, 04:43
It says it has a 1/4" plug in it, which really only is used in amplifiers / professional sound boards, I would recommend that you look for a different one instead of looking for an adapter, since there may be a compatibility issue between what your computer is capable of recording compared to what professional audio equipment can handle. I'm only suggesting it, because I can assure you that you will not have the plug on your computer, but if you want to look for an adapter, fine by me.

Thats why i told him that if hes gonna use an adapter he should use Line IN at sound card because there may be an issue recording because of high impedance and he can destroy his sound card. If it comes with a big plug in as AMP uses you can use an adapter but keep in mind what i told you.
I actually use LINE IN plug in for my guitar because my guitar uses big plug in (the ones GUITAR AMPS uses), if you dont know which one is the LINE IN plug in its the one next to Speakers plug in:

And this is how your plug in should look with the adapter:

I hope to have helped you :)

TwiXXXie

I play piano aswell but never recorded myself for youtube, if you uploaded some vids of you playing share them here

Nate

Quote from: TwiXXXie on June 23, 2012, 09:02
I play piano aswell but never recorded myself for youtube, if you uploaded some vids of you playing share them here

I have a few videos on youtube already, but those were recorded with my phone which has terrible video quality and even worse audio quality, but here's a link to my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlternativePiano
[/spoiler]