More reasonable interest rate

Started by 0xsergy, June 07, 2012, 04:00

Hobo

Quote from: mick88 on June 08, 2012, 01:41
So by saying "more reasonable" you suggest that I lower it? I already said that it's already higher in real life, so it's more than "reasonable".
You could raise it to 11% per year. That's more reasonable because it doesn't have a decimal xD
But I see no good reason (besides more money) to increase it at all.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

DJ_Smashon

He wants higher so he can get more money, wich means he is too lazy to work.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

0xsergy

Quote from: Joshy on June 08, 2012, 00:31
With a small bit of technical knowledge, it is very possible to farm interest...
Indeed but 99% of people aren't capable of doing this so I was keeping that 1% out of this for now.

Quote from: DJ_Smashon on June 08, 2012, 10:34
He wants higher so he can get more money, wich means he is too lazy to work.
All I've done is work, basically, so don't make false assumptions with no evidence to back them up.

So by saying "more reasonable" you suggest that I lower it? I already said that it's already higher in real life, so it's more than "reasonable".

I must ask you where you get your information..? Average interest rate here in Canada hovers in the area of 1%. It varies slightly from bank to bank, from offer to offer, but it generally stays in the same area. I'll link to an example of an bank that's offering a 1.5% interest rate for a limited time but normally has a 1.2% interest rate at $5000.00 or higher.

https://www.cibc.com/ca/chequing-savings/eadvantage-savings-acct.html?WT.mc_id=Savings_campFY12-Savings_kwdsavings||account||interest||rates_adgrpSavings||Account||Interest||Rates-E100

Hobo

Quote from: 0xsergy on June 09, 2012, 02:16

I must ask you where you get your information..? Average interest rate here in Canada hovers in the area of 1%. It varies slightly from bank to bank, from offer to offer, but it generally stays in the same area. I'll link to an example of an bank that's offering a 1.5% interest rate for a limited time but normally has a 1.2% interest rate at $5000.00 or higher.

https://www.cibc.com/ca/chequing-savings/eadvantage-savings-acct.html?WT.mc_id=Savings_campFY12-Savings_kwdsavings||account||interest||rates_adgrpSavings||Account||Interest||Rates-E100

Read:
Quote from: mick88I'm making this topic specifically for those who whine that the bank interest rate is too low or lower in real life. Now, mind that on server the interest is added to your account every 24 in-game hours which is for your benefit as the interest acumulates.

Interest rate in server is 0.0003 per day, that is 0.03% (0.0003 x 100). This means that every 24 in-game hours you receive 0.03% of whatever funds you have on your bannk account. In real life banks tell their interest percentage on a year scale so we need to multiply it by 365 and the result is: 10.92% (0.03% x 365). So 10.92% is the real comparable interest rate. But if you want to get that kind of money you need to play 146 hours, that's how long year is in-game.
Now, if you can show me a bank that guarantees 10% interest rate I will bite my hand off!

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Deff

Quote from: 0xsergy on June 09, 2012, 02:16
I must ask you where you get your information..? Average interest rate here in Canada hovers in the area of 1%.

in short,

CVT got interest rate 10.92

0xsergy

My mistake, I completely forgot to take into account the time period per payment. :)