Modding tutorial using Zmodeler

Started by Rubber, May 20, 2012, 05:08

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Ethan

Quote from: Vinny on June 17, 2012, 17:16
Still the same bug. The elegy "does not exist". You see the pic, there is usually an elegy parked in wang cars in single player, beside the Savanna.

try to find a car spawner and spawn one. or find one driving on the road and steel it

Vinny

Quote from: Ethan on June 18, 2012, 16:47
Quote from: Vinny on June 17, 2012, 17:16
Still the same bug. The elegy "does not exist". You see the pic, there is usually an elegy parked in wang cars in single player, beside the Savanna.

try to find a car spawner and spawn one. or find one driving on the road and steel it

How can i steal one if they don't exist ._.

But with a car spawner, you mean a hack ?
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Ethan

Quote from: Vinny on June 18, 2012, 17:07
Quote from: Ethan on June 18, 2012, 16:47

yes, go in single player, you can hack all you want

Jann3[FIN]

How to move parts if they are in chassis? How to "cut" them and move then?
Like that part?

Irish

The easiest way I know is to use  GGMM It saves you alot of time. You can view every car without going into the game.

Vinny

Quote from: Irish on June 21, 2012, 16:11

The easiest way I know is to use  GGMM It saves you alot of time. You can view every car without going into the game.

I had it few years ago, but never understood what to do with it xD

Thank you.

Cookie :D
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Anri

wow lol true ! i must download that thingie ...
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Irish

No problem Vinny  :)

@ Jann3[FIN] What I normally do might help, select the body, chassis or whatever your trying to detach which it is attached to.

Now, I like to use the left side and user view, now click on the this box . Now go into Select > Separated OR Single (Separated seems to work better for me) Make sure selected mode is on which is on the bottom right corner, the shortcut key is "SPACEBAR"
Now in either user or left side view right click on the vertices (red dots) where you want, after its all highlighted which should be orange which tells you its highlighted.

Now go into Modify>submesh>detach and click on the highlighted piece, (make sure selected mode is on) Now it should be detached. :)

Sorry for the long post, but thats how I do it..

Vinny

ok i tryed the program and i noticed this:
This i what i mapped with zmodeler:

And this how i get in the program:

Usually, when i installed it and tryed it in single player, i couldn't find any elegy, or i crash when i run gta sa single player.
ANY ideas of the problem ?
I added the texture in the txd file like this, maybe this is the problem ?

Rubber

vinny, how did you map the texture in ZMod? Did you use UV mapping?

Also, I think I may know your problem. First, the image is huge. This shouldn't cause it to show up white...but it will cause lag if the txd file is too large. Try reducing the image to 512x512 pixels and reload it into the txd file.

Secondly, make SURE the image is compressed. Click on your image in txd workshop, go to Image ---> properties. It should bring up a window with a few options. Do not click 'alpha is used', but do click 'compressed'. It will compress the image and it should work. I'm guessing that was your problem.

Vinny

Quote from: Rubber on June 21, 2012, 18:13
Yes.

Also, I think I may know your problem. First, the image is huge. This shouldn't cause it to show up white...but it will cause lag if the txd file is too large. Try reducing the image to 512x512 pixels and reload it into the txd file.

Secondly, make SURE the image is compressed. Click on your image in txd workshop, go to Image ---> properties. It should bring up a window with a few options. Do not click 'alpha is used', but do click 'compressed'. It will compress the image and it should work. I'm guessing that was your problem.
Reduced to 512x512, remade the UVmapping with the new sized picture, added into txd and compressed. But still the same shit: the bonnet is white...
I'll try other sizes, like 256x256, and going lower to lower, maybe this is the problem.

Jann3[FIN]

Quote from: Irish on June 21, 2012, 16:55

Now, I like to use the left side and user view, now click on the this box . Now go into Select > Separated OR Single (Separated seems to work better for me) Make sure selected mode is on which is on the bottom right corner, the shortcut key is "SPACEBAR"
Now in either user or left side view right click on the vertices (red dots) where you want, after its all highlighted which should be orange which tells you its highlighted.

Now go into Modify>submesh>detach and click on the highlighted piece, (make sure selected mode is on) Now it should be detached. :)

Sorry for the long post, but thats how I do it..

How to move it becouse i try it with that move thing but it doesnt anything?
EDIT: Found it out, thanks!

Vinny

Quote from: Vinny on June 21, 2012, 18:31
Yes.

Reduced to 512x512, remade the UVmapping with the new sized picture, added into txd and compressed. But still the same shit: the bonnet is white...
I'll try other sizes, like 256x256, and going lower to lower, maybe this is the problem.

Omg i finally did it:

256x256 did it.
Maybe i fucked something previously because before doing the map with 256x256, i deleted all the files (dff, txd and all the textures) and extracted some new from gta3.img

Thank you really Rubber for your help.
Cookie :p

Irish

Vinny, I messed with one myself as I could'nt tell from your pics whatsup, It could be a few things.

Is the name of the decal in the materials editor the same as the one in your .txd?

Either something is wrong with that, or the image isnt in the right format/size  :)

What mine looks like:

Zmodeler:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
TXD Workshop:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Ingame:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hope this helps you bro.  :)