Big Dumper first time

Started by Xero, May 12, 2012, 15:32

Xero

I was just thinking about this the other day. When you finish your "Gravel Hauler Achievement", you unlock the ability to buy a big dumper. Before you would get the dumper in your car slot, that is, until it changed. You also get the $500,000 associated with the achievement, but if you want the dumper you need to spend that same amount of money to get it, so really, the only thing you're getting from the achievement is one of two choices, keep the money or keep the big dumper.

Why not change it so when they first get the achievement, they can still go to the dealer and get the big dumper free, but only one time. If they lose the dumper, they go back they have to pay. I personally never got this option when I finished since I got the achievement after it was changed to buy it when you finish the achievement, which kinda sucks lol.

TheSandman

Never thought of it this way, +1.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

The_Spinner

+1, but for achievements like cop, I think it no need any change

Hobo

Yes. +1
When I got the achievement I kept the money for a little but then I bought the dumper. I then sold it, losing about 80k. If I was able to buy it for $0 the first time that would be better.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Xero

Quote from: [RO]Iglesias on May 12, 2012, 16:59
+1, but for achievements like cop, I think it no need any change

We're not talking about the police achievement.

I haven't bought the big dumper simply because of this.

$nake

Konali

i think its fair enough compared to all those persons who got it for free + 500k.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Mefi

so you are suggestin it to all achievements or only dumper, if dumper can be +1 cause i have finished it :D if for all -1, i prefer keeping the money and selling the car for more money

mick88

Because Big Dumper used to be free, but players wanted to be able to re-buy it once it's lost/sold. So I offered that it wil be buyable after unlocking and no longer free, and there was a positive response to it, so I made it happen.

Hobo

Quote from: mick88 on May 13, 2012, 14:17
Because Big Dumper used to be free, but players wanted to be able to re-buy it once it's lost/sold. So I offered that it wil be buyable after unlocking and no longer free, and there was a positive response to it, so I made it happen.
But why not make it free the first time you purchase it and then $500k if you decide to repurchase it?

For example, if you do 500 dumper missions you gain $500k + a free Big Dumper. If you sold that dumper you could then repurchase it at the special vehicle dealer for $500k

Instead of the way it is now, if you do 500 dumper missions you gain $500k + the ability to purchase the Big Dumper. In this case you need to decide to keep the money or use it to purchase the Big Dumper.

I would have much rather received the Big Dumper for free (I might even still own it) instead of having to spend $500k to buy it in the first place.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

John_Freeman

-1 Make one car free, you've got to make others free.

EDIT:
Maybe if it were free to rent only one time, after your one time free rental you have to pay if you wish to rent it again, however if you buy before renting you automatically loose your free rental.  This would also apply to other missions that unlock vehicles, such as artic and cement.

Lindsey

And i think this suggestion really brings together both of the best worlds, We used to get free dumpers, and the 500k, so although times move on, in this case i tend to agree that due to the nature of achievements, it's a lot more of an achievement and feeling of joy, if they come away with money, and the vehicle.

:)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

mick88

It's a choice, because otherwise you would sell the dumper and get even more money, and more players would be encouraged to farm achievements.
This achievement is currently "unlocked vehicle", not "free vehicle".

Prosonic

And everyone there asked for it has unlocked the achievement?

"No you where not ban evading.. nooo and im stupid..." - Konali