Language Selection Script

Started by Jenova_Project, May 01, 2012, 22:59

Jenova_Project

You see alot of people break rule #5 every single hour ::) . I always get annoyed when someone speaks another language in the main chat. So i though of a idea that can stop this. When someone logs in, After the whole log in screen where you enter your password, there would be a Language Selection Screen. Once someone chooses their language, (for eg. English, Polish, Spanish, German ect) it would put them in the correct CB setting. So if I were to choose English, It would put me to the main chat (CB 19) Or if I were to select Polish it would put me in the Polish Channel (CB 28). I think this will reduce the amount of players talking foreign languages in the main chat. If someone could code this script, this would be cool to have on the server.

Thanks for reading :))
Jenova_Project
[hide=Signatures][/hide]

Prosonic

How about people joining for the first time, think they have to select there language and then don't have a clue about how to get to channel 19

"No you where not ban evading.. nooo and im stupid..." - Konali

Leoviz

I agree with this, and set on preferences a default CB would be a good thing too.

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

The Wolf

Quote from: Prosonic on May 02, 2012, 00:17
How about people joining for the first time, think they have to select there language and then don't have a clue about how to get to channel 19
This
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

TwiXXXie

Strato

It's useless.. If You select for example Polish/Romanian menu people will still talk in other languages in the main chat.. I don't see a point here actually.

matriXat

1. Players get warned for speaking foreign languages.
2. If some player has been enough warned, admin or mod has a job to do ( kick him )
3. If a player insists to write in foreign language then i think it was 7-10 days ban ...

Simple as that.

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Can this be added : When someone speak on other language (it will be detected with 'wrong spelling') on place of letters to add this : &^!$*

For example : Улица - $^&@!       (English - street)

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

mick88

Language channels are not official.

$nake

But making CT multiple languaged would be cool idea for players who can't English..

STOP! Why playersw would can't English ? So what are they learning at school as secondary language ?
Everywhere around the world English is at schools as second language to learn, so get to learning noobs!

Leoviz

Quote from: $nake on May 03, 2012, 11:18
But making CT multiple languaged would be cool idea for players who can't English..

STOP! Why playersw would can't English ? So what are they learning at school as secondary language ?
Everywhere around the world English is at schools as second language to learn, so get to learning noobs!

In Brazil we learn more english playing video games than in school  :closeenough:

mick88

All players should know at least basics of English to understand the rules, be able to read /help dialog and other commands and informations as well as be able to communicate with server staff.

I don't see a point displaying dialog asking player for preferred language when he joins, just to take him away to some obscude CB channel where there's nobody to talk to when they need help.
Here's why:

1) Players who join server just want to play. The less dialogs keeps them away from actual gameplay, the better. Otherwise they just might click through dialogs without looking. I try to keep it at the minimum: mandatory rules and registration dialog.

2) If someone selects non-english channel, they will be sent to a potentially empty CB channel. Even if they speak some basic english, they won't be able to chat with other players, because they probably will not know how to change CB channel, and more importantly, which channel they should switch to. It's much better to just send them to the main channel where all the players are, so they can ask questions if they need any help.