Re: Re: Re: Anti-respawn for cops!

Started by $nake, April 20, 2012, 13:30

Spekter

Yes, yes, yes and again yes. When I see a cop respawn to get me, I get all like

DJ_Smashon

Quote from: $nake on April 20, 2012, 13:30
- remove /kill for cops (or: when you type /reclass , you can't choose the class you just left)

Best idea so far!  :D  +1 GJ Snake!
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

The_Spinner

ok +1 for this suggestion but if it will be removed for cops, I think it need be removed for thiefs too, if not, thiefs will have a bonus, I think a big bonus

Rafe.McCawley

And what the Hell should I do, if I drive my privat Police Car into water and it respawns @ my House?

If I cant use /kill, Am I supposed to swim back to my house??

Just modify it and you cant choose a manual spawn point! Set it just to your House or a random Spot..

Otherwise, this Idea is shit!

Joshy

As a cop:
- /kill - either random or at house
- /respawn and /rescue - goodbye.
- /smoke - goodbye?
- /reclass - make it so that you can't go from cop to cop, and after a cop reclasses to another class, make it so there's a delay of a few minutes before they can /reclass again
- die by some other means - either random spawn point or spawn at house
- alternative suggestion - if player owns a Cop Car / Police Mav / HPV 1000 and it's parked at house (helipad for heli), you will spawn at house. Otherwise spawn at PD.

Quote from: [RO]Iglesias on April 20, 2012, 21:52
ok +1 for this suggestion but if it will be removed for cops, I think it need be removed for thiefs too, if not, thiefs will have a bonus, I think a big bonus
Thieves can't /kill /reclass /respawn while wanted? Even if you are talking about thieves that are not wanted, thieves are not wanted so you should be fining / weighing / arresting other people instead. So they have nothing to do with this?
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

The_Spinner

Quote from: Joshy on April 21, 2012, 00:18
As a cop:
- /kill - either random or at house
- /respawn and /rescue - goodbye.
- /smoke - goodbye?
- /reclass - make it so that you can't go from cop to cop, and after a cop reclasses to another class, make it so there's a delay of a few minutes before they can /reclass again
- die by some other means - either random spawn point or spawn at house
- alternative suggestion - if player owns a Cop Car / Police Mav / HPV 1000 and it's parked at house (helipad for heli), you will spawn at house. Otherwise spawn at PD.

Quote from: [RO]Iglesias on April 20, 2012, 21:52
Thieves can't /kill /reclass /respawn while wanted? Even if you are talking about thieves that are not wanted, thieves are not wanted so you should be fining / weighing / arresting other people instead. So they have nothing to do with this?
my house in in wc, I parked my hotring in a base in LV
I do arrests with him
I think cops need to can respawn at bases too
And for thiefs I'm speaking about: did the mission, and if police didn't caught him but arrived after unloaded, he can respawn so if he is in wc and cop is in wc too, he  can respawn at LS, cop need to go to LS to catch him

Joshy

Quote from: [RO]Iglesias on April 21, 2012, 00:24
my house in in wc, I parked my hotring in a base in LV
I do arrests with him
I think cops need to can respawn at bases too
And for thiefs I'm speaking about: did the mission, and if police didn't caught him but arrived after unloaded, he can respawn so if he is in wc and cop is in wc too, he  can respawn at LS, cop need to go to LS to catch him
1) So basically, someone can apply to as much clubs with bases as they can and have a even bigger variety of spawning options to catch suspects. Amazing! But seriously, that's not a good idea in my opinion.

2) If you didn't catch him, move on and get fines / weigh / another suspect. You don't see thieves respawning to their unloads, do you? So cops shouldn't be able to either (unloads in their cases = fines / wanted suspects / trucks to be inspected)

3) Thieves generally tend to get terrible vehicles to steal anywhere else other than LSPD anyway, so two scenarios:
- thief steals a terrible vehicle, cop respawns in the same county, however because he's in a slow vehicle the cop catches up with him and gets arrested.
- thief steals a good vehicle from LSPD, cop respawns in LSPD and is behind him straight away. And there's Infernuses parked in LSPD, so there's a good chance of getting arrested.

4) Use a police helicopter if you want to get to suspects fast.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

John_Freeman

+1
Here is an idea, you know how its a requirement of 100 score + test, well why not have it a requirement that spawn settings be set to random or house?

TheSandman

lol use a helicopter like i did, be pro at it, simple.
Let the theives rage at how they crashed by themselves, its good because you cant be reported for abuse/ramming because YOUR IN THE AIR.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

DJ_Smashon

/smoke - > You can't some as a cop? I don't think they are allowed to smoke IRL? Right?
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Deff

+1

The system needs changes, and should be made fair, because its unfair currently that cops can spawn anywhere they want.

Ethan

my reply to this:
1. delete the option for cops to /respawn, if you dont delete it, make them respawn to where they originally spawned at
2. make cops not have the ability to use /reclass back to cop if they were
3. I'll think of more later but will forget to edit it

$nake

Quote from: Ethan on April 21, 2012, 18:21
my reply to this:
1. delete the option for cops to /respawn, if you dont delete it, make them respawn to where they originally spawned at
2. make cops not have the ability to use /reclass back to cop if they were
3. I'll think of more later but will forget to edit it
this is what I've suggested, genious :P