New rules for police on the ferry and at ferry terminals

Started by Ephraim_Renais, April 19, 2012, 01:54

Ephraim_Renais

As noted in a recent report and previous reports, there is nothing in the rules against cops giving someone a ticket or attempting to weigh trucks on the ferry or at the terminals themselves.  This essentially leads to farming of arrests and/or loss of loads from either arrest or falling off the ferry.

As we all know, once the ferry is in motion, you can't really stop.  Even though you may be stopped on the ferry, the game still records you as being in motion cause the ferry is moving.  Therefore you can't do /pay and you can't stop for the weight check.

Also look at the terminals.  We have 30 seconds to empty out the ferry before it leaves for the other terminal.  This is why there is the unwritten rule that those at the terminal should wait for those on the ferry to get off before they get on.

A cop sitting at the terminal could spam the "2" button, issuing those tickets and forcing weighs on trucks.  Each of those vehicles have to stop and do /pay or have the cop perform the weight check, which could potentially keep vehicles from getting off the ferry and therefore they loose their loads as they slide off the ferry cause its now going in the opposite direction.  Throw in the loss for paying for a ferry ride they never took and it could turn into a hard hit in the pocketbook.

TL:dr

Cop rules should add the following rules:

1. Vehicles cannot be fined or weighed while on the ferry or while the ferry is in the motion.
2. Vehicles cannot be fined or weighed when at the ferry terminals.  Ferry terminals are defined as the entire area of Los Santos Island, the dock portion at the ferry terminal at Ocean Docks, Los Santos, and the road leading to the ferry terminal at Ocean Docks, Los Santos.

Neon$lash

1 rule looks fine. but 2nd one would lead to fine farmers to come to those locs and keep farming fines. and btw. /overload is a option. if you overload it everytime you know the risks and not near a cop btw.

thats just my opinion. the ferry moving rule was nice tough

[hide=The Best Progressive Rock you can Hear]Feel The Crimson King

In the Court of the Crimson King - In the Wake of Poseidon - Lizard - Islands
Larks' Tongues in Aspic - Starless and Bible Black - Red - Discipline
Beat - Three of a Perfect Pair - THRAK - The ConstruKction of Light -The Power to Believe

wkry17

Rule 1 is a +1 from me, -1 for rule 2. i think it is fine as long as the ferry is not AT the terminal

Leoviz

+1 for both rules. There's a time this is necessary, +1 cookie

The_Spinner

$nake

Joshy

You're making this too difficult.

Instead of rules, why not have a system that detects if player is on ferry? Then if they get weighed / fined on ferry, it will allow them to /pay and be weighed as usual.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Traviizter

Twido

+1 for the first rule

+0.5 for the second rule

i really like the suggestion but i think that rule 2 can be abused

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Ephraim_Renais

These aren't set in stone.  A possible alternative for rule 2 is that vehicles can only be fined/weighed when the ferry is not at the terminal.  This would ensure that vehicles can get off the ferry without a cop interfering.

Quote from: Joshy on April 21, 2012, 14:11

Instead of rules, why not have a system that detects if player is on ferry? Then if they get weighed / fined on ferry, it will allow them to /pay and be weighed as usual.

I think the only one that could make this happen is Mick since its his scripts that created and control the ferry.  Not sure if it is possible.

DJ_Smashon

A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Undercover

Ethan

Quote from: wkry17 on April 19, 2012, 02:33
2. i think it is fine as long as the ferry is not AT the terminal

if someone is parked at the terminal waiting for the ferry to come why wouldnt I be able to fine them there? they are still, not moving so they would be able to use /pay and stay there to be weighed..

your first suggested rule is good, your second one needs work

Bruno_2MLG4CT

Or system that will count our 30 seconds for paying after getting out of ferry at a terminal.

+1 for first.

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

creamy1

Quote from: Ephraim_Renais on April 22, 2012, 12:10
These aren't set in stone.  A possible alternative for rule 2 is that vehicles can only be fined/weighed when the ferry is not at the terminal.  This would ensure that vehicles can get off the ferry without a cop interfering.

I think the only one that could make this happen is Mick since its his scripts that created and control the ferry.  Not sure if it is possible.

Maybe like when you go /7

You have XX Seconds to Pay your fines could blink on the screen till you pay getting off the Ferry.