im thinking of getting an hd pvr

Started by Geckco, April 05, 2012, 03:41

Geckco

the title says it all. should i get it guys? My channel is really growing almost 80 subscribers, and my content is not HD, which is a huge downfall. Right now I'm using a pinnacle dazzle. Should I upgrade? Do any of you have past experiences with this capture card?

heres a video I made sharing my thoughts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwjRfZD6m64

my channel: http://www.youtube.com/mrgeckco
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Geckco

shit could a mod move this to off topic =/? didnt mean to post here
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Rainbow

With the proper settings in pinnacle studio with s-video then render it 1080-25p in sony vegas it will come out to the point of HD. but just rendering in 720x420 works just fine unless your partnered with machinama lol. this method though requires powerful pc unless you want to be rendering for hours. as for high MB files there are tricks to cut it in half if not to 1/4 of the size without sacrificing much quality.

Dr_dog

or get bloody expensive HDMI capture card for PCI.
btw dont the pinacle use RCA and S video as input? so you cant even use HDMI to play the game
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rainbow

Quote from: Dr_dog on April 05, 2012, 08:13
btw dont the pinacle use RCA and S video as input? so you cant even use HDMI to play the game

I will stick with 720x420 and the odd 1080-25p for now lol. i ain't about to spend $200-300 for an hd pvr to get slightly better quality then what i can get with proper rendering settings with a $60 capture card. The only difference i see between some of my videos and the big name youtubers using hd pvr is that you can see the names in the killfeed better lol.

Geckco

Quote from: Rainbow on April 05, 2012, 09:48

I will stick with 720x420 and the odd 1080-25p for now lol. i ain't about to spend $200-300 for an hd pvr to get slightly better quality then what i can get with proper rendering settings with a $60 capture card. The only difference i see between some of my videos and the big name youtubers using hd pvr is that you can see the names in the killfeed better lol.

rainbow, could you help me with my settings? i use s video to record and i use virtual dub to record instead of pinnacle studios. than i render it onto sony vegas pro for max quality, im talking about 1400's area i forget what it is, 1420x1020? how could i improve the settings?

Rainbow

Quote from: Geckco on April 05, 2012, 16:52
Quote from: Rainbow on April 05, 2012, 09:48

rainbow, could you help me with my settings? i use s video to record and i use virtual dub to record instead of pinnacle studios. than i render it onto sony vegas pro for max quality, im talking about 1400's area i forget what it is, 1420x1020? how could i improve the settings?

I have never used virtual dub.. I use either the pinnacle studio or the dvd maker with sony vegas. but using studio you can have custom settings. i will make a video of the settings i use in pinnacle studio. the outcome makes for large files though but i find that these settings are the best i have found that work.
Also i will take a look at virtual dub and see if there is a similar setting.

Rainbow

made an album of pics instead. alot faster lol

http://imgur.com/a/N1Pnu

The highlighted bits are not intented to be. each pic has things changed just compare your settings tabs to the pics.