CVT Reunion ! Bring back Car Trading with a new idea to solve the problem.

Started by Fender, March 25, 2012, 21:02

Shock

And it would be like big odo cars would sell for less money :DD
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Konali

Quote from: Lindsey on March 26, 2012, 17:25
Quote from: mick88 on March 26, 2012, 14:24
It will not be re-added for the same reason it was removed.
Advertising still persisted despite warns. There was a forum board and CB radio channel dedicated to trading, but players ignored them and advertised in chat and /me regardless.
Before removing trading I announced in forum that if things don't change, it will be removed. Nothing changed and nothing will, so trading will not come back.
As you see, I did everything you suggested and even more trying to preserve this feature, which was a significant part of the server. But some players just disrespected that.

Let this be a lesson for you in the feature: if players keep abusing certain feature, it gets removed forever.

I'd bet most of those players who abused it aren't even here still.

Life isn't fair, but this is in your hands mick, and i think we're being punished for something we didn't do.

Couldnt have said it better Cookie for you

Times has changed Staff is way more active compared to back then, people would not get away with it and eventually behave and have fun as it was meant to be. They are only asking for car trading:) not house trading:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Lindsey

Not just more active, but i think more vigilant AND the proof is in the pudding, there are more staff.

;)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Matheus

I agree with you lindsey, why people that use the Trading in the correct way need to have the same punishment?
Think about it mick...

Xero

Long post from me! But read it all if you are serious about trying to make this work...

Yes, it's unfortunate that there were people that ruined trading in the past, and unfortunate I wasn't around to see how this option operated. But there's something we're all overlooking. Now if, by some miracle, Mick did bring this back, there would still be advertising the trading of vehicles simply because not everyone reads the rules nor the forums so they would have no clue that it wasn't allowed because of this reason. To put it in the rules when you sign up, they probably still wouldn't read it.

So now if there was a way to bring it back there would have to be a pretty surefire way that it would work. Mick said that the abuse came from advertising in chat. The same thing happens with clubs though, and non english speaking so should Mick get rid of the club system as well because of this fact?  No, because now most people do know how it works, given there's the odd time that someone might advertise it, but why does it work and why isn't there as many advertising for clubs?

I'll tell you, because there's a limit on creation of a club and by the time members are able to create a club, they usually know the rules that come with it's creation because they have to be, what, level 100 to create it? There is also now, a new feature added when trading wasn't available, and that's "Advertising Signs" as well as it's not against the rules to advertise on your welcome message your club. Now could vehicle trading come back if there was a specific level to be able to trade or sell your car with a system like this? Could be, but it would have to be monitored as well as set to a standard, like 100 points to be able to use the feature. With a cb channel for vehicle selling it might work, and with help of mods and admins they could help regulate the spamming of advertising as they do with other forms of advertising, like they do with clubs.

Mick, never say never my friend, because somethings don't work in the past does not mean it may not be fixed to work in the future. If there's a will, there is a way...

Ethan

... if players keep abusing certain feature, it gets removed forever.

theres your answer right there... so dont ask for it to be re-added and please dont reply back complainingabout how it should be back.. this topic should  have been locked when the first mod saw it seeing how its on the list..

Strato

Quote from: Ethan on March 27, 2012, 00:43

theres your answer right there... so dont ask for it to be re-added and please dont reply back complainingabout how it should be back.. this topic should  have been locked when the first mod saw it seeing how its on the list..

No, You are not locking another good suggestion. I'm still keeping like other people to bring that back.

Shock

Quote from: Xero on March 26, 2012, 22:37
Long post from me! But read it all if you are serious about trying to make this work...

Yes, it's unfortunate that there were people that ruined trading in the past, and unfortunate I wasn't around to see how this option operated. But there's something we're all overlooking. Now if, by some miracle, Mick did bring this back, there would still be advertising the trading of vehicles simply because not everyone reads the rules nor the forums so they would have no clue that it wasn't allowed because of this reason. To put it in the rules when you sign up, they probably still wouldn't read it.

So now if there was a way to bring it back there would have to be a pretty surefire way that it would work. Mick said that the abuse came from advertising in chat. The same thing happens with clubs though, and non english speaking so should Mick get rid of the club system as well because of this fact?  No, because now most people do know how it works, given there's the odd time that someone might advertise it, but why does it work and why isn't there as many advertising for clubs?

I'll tell you, because there's a limit on creation of a club and by the time members are able to create a club, they usually know the rules that come with it's creation because they have to be, what, level 100 to create it? There is also now, a new feature added when trading wasn't available, and that's "Advertising Signs" as well as it's not against the rules to advertise on your welcome message your club. Now could vehicle trading come back if there was a specific level to be able to trade or sell your car with a system like this? Could be, but it would have to be monitored as well as set to a standard, like 100 points to be able to use the feature. With a cb channel for vehicle selling it might work, and with help of mods and admins they could help regulate the spamming of advertising as they do with other forms of advertising, like they do with clubs.

Mick, never say never my friend, because somethings don't work in the past does not mean it may not be fixed to work in the future. If there's a will, there is a way...

Xero seed it all. If we all help out with this thing there would be less or non abuse. The system that Xero offered is pretty good, if u have to have 100 score to sell/trade cars then it will be less noob who will spam in the main chat and the own cb channel for call trading and selling + a forum board would reduce the spaming  ingame. This could maybe work only if we all help out.

Quote from: Ethan on March 27, 2012, 00:43

Mick im sorry but i think its stupid to remove a feature cuze some noobs who dont read rules abuse it. It isnt fair to punish  the whole server due noobs.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Styx

Concept

I'm only here since january. How did car trading work, and how was it abused?

Konali

The basic thing of car trading was that you could sell your vehicle to other players. So a really nice tuned car could be bought by you if you have the money and the slot. among house trading people started to advertise in main chat without using the forum board for it and using CB's.

One thing i know from mick is that he finds spam/advertising very very annoying. he even /clearchats when people GZ for a house xD
So mick gave all players a heads up on the forum that if people didnt showed better behaviour and stopped the spamming/advertising, house trading and car trading would be removed.

The thing here is, we are not asking for house trading, simply because thats not possible anymore because back then you could have multiple houses. But car trading had something special, when a player put a car up for sale it would stand at Wang Cars SF, and that looked really really awesome.

Another point of saying no could be that mick doesnt want players to earn money without working for it.Maybe its an idea to limit max sale prices as in: prices cant be 10% higher than car dealer price..

Anyway, i hope concept this gives a little image of how it was back then with this feature:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Shock

Quote from: Konali on March 27, 2012, 22:20
The basic thing of car trading was that you could sell your vehicle to other players. So a really nice tuned car could be bought by you if you have the money and the slot. among house trading people started to advertise in main chat without using the forum board for it and using CB's.

One thing i know from mick is that he finds spam/advertising very very annoying. he even /clearchats when people GZ for a house xD
So mick gave all players a heads up on the forum that if people didnt showed better behaviour and stopped the spamming/advertising, house trading and car trading would be removed.

The thing here is, we are not asking for house trading, simply because thats not possible anymore because back then you could have multiple houses. But car trading had something special, when a player put a car up for sale it would stand at Wang Cars SF, and that looked really really awesome.

Another point of saying no could be that mick doesnt want players to earn money without working for it.Maybe its an idea to limit max sale prices as in: prices cant be 10% higher than car dealer price..

Anyway, i hope concept this gives a little image of how it was back then with this feature:)

That was a awesome feature, but cuze stupid players it got removed. And like u seed Konali House trading will never work agin, but the car trading is a cool thing that will contribute to the community. And thank u Strato for opening this topic

droctogonapus

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Shock

KaT37

why not adding some limits ? :) like ... being able to buy/sell only 1 car per week :)

i imagine $nake waiting few months for getting rid of all his home carpark XD