Connection Issues - Server does not respond

Started by Aidenius, March 17, 2012, 22:40

Aidenius

Have exactly the same problem as this topic http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,17799.15.html

Hello Everyone!

After downloading and installing Samp (The correct versions), and attempting to connect to servers, the server was not responding and it would just loop itself in attempt to reconnect.

I was initially convinced this was a firewall issue therefore have spent the past two days trouble shooting.

I have:

* Port forwarded and tests all the ports used for SAMP and SA and the server itself (All of which is working)

* Disabled all of my computer firewalls (Which had no affect)

I even reinstalled San Andreas and made sure that my software was up to date, all of which is okay.

After trying every single solution attempt I am desperately trying to get assistance.

No other of my games are affected by my router or firewalls so i'm very confused.

Any advice & help would be much appreciated!

Thank You

Michael Sharpe

Konali

:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

ihatetn931

Do you happen to have software like peerblock?

creamy1

Can you connect to other servers? Just not CVT?

Aidenius

All it says is

'Server is not responding...reconnecting'

And it cycles that over and over, on every server. I have no firewall or anti virus blocking it, all ports are forwarded, and all software is up to date.

Ephraim_Renais

It is possible that you are attempting to join when the server is full.  For Convoy Trucking, the server is considered full when it is at 96/100 because the final 4 slots are reserved for VIP (donators) and server admins/moderators.

Strato

Guys go away if u dont know how to help. I this issue few months ago. You need to call ur internet operator and ask him to change ur network ID and PASSWORD. that was the only thing that helped. I discovered it after 2 weeks since it happened, gl.

Aidenius

I have just manually changed my SSID name and Password and it had no affect on my connection problem, still looped trying to reconnect.

:(

Strato

Impossible... What about disabling ur antivirus?

ihatetn931

Quote from: Strato. on March 18, 2012, 15:38
Impossible... What about disabling ur antivirus?

Its not impossible, SSID is wireless, it's the name that the wireless sends out. It's also the name you see when you try to connect to wireless, password would just be the password you use to connect to the wifi, my question still stands, Do you have any program like peerblock running on your computer?

Aidenius

No, I have no programmes like peer block.

I have the same problem with my laptop, I have taken it to another family members house and tried connecting to a server and it worked. therefore im guessing its something to do with my internet, yet all the ports are forwarded.

ihatetn931

Quote from: Aidenius on March 18, 2012, 17:05
No, I have no programmes like peer block.

I have the same problem with my laptop, I have taken it to another family members house and tried connecting to a server and it worked. therefore im guessing its something to do with my internet, yet all the ports are forwarded.

You shouldn't have to forward ports to connect to a sa-mp server, port forwarding is so you can host stuff so other people can connect to it out of your network. Ping the server ip and see if you get a response. If you can ping it from your router, if you do get a response then it's your computer.

Aidenius

It pings fine yet I cannot connect, its deffinitly not my computer as if I connect to a different internet it works? So confused!

creamy1

Quote from: Strato. on March 18, 2012, 14:44
Guys go away if u dont know how to help. I this issue few months ago. You need to call ur internet operator and ask him to change ur network ID and PASSWORD. that was the only thing that helped. I discovered it after 2 weeks since it happened, gl.

You could'nt help either I suggested MAYBE it was a CVT specific problem which could have helped. Others had suggested that maybe it had to do with software or firewalls. Maybe your solution helped because you don't know how to work a computer machine.

So you go away.

Ephraim_Renais

Quote from: creamy1 on March 19, 2012, 22:26
Quote from: Strato. on March 18, 2012, 14:44

You could'nt help either I suggested MAYBE it was a CVT specific problem which could have helped. Others had suggested that maybe it had to do with software or firewalls. Maybe your solution helped because you don't know how to work a computer machine.

So you go away.

I agree.  Each of us suggested a possible cause.  I, along with my brother, encounter this similar situation when the server is at 96+/100.  The attempt times out and it automatically attempts to make another connection.  Eventually, we either get the grey ban message, SA-MP encounters a crash, or we actually get to the point that we can enter a password.  Very rarely do we get the server full message.  This started after upgrading to ver. 0.3d.

Never think that your solution is the only one.

Deff

But why do people have problem with it?

Isn't it better just to wait there till we connect instead of typing /q and joining back when server kicks you for being full ?

Aidenius

Konali

tbh, i never saw a situation like this before and i think you tried the basic solutions already.
it seems strato had the same problem, forum PM him to see if he has the solution
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.