News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

install mods ???

Started by Trucker_martin, March 07, 2012, 16:40

Trucker_martin

Hey i have an question:D
How am i going to install mods to gta game nice and without problems, exempel that i need to reinstall the game, because i don't want to do that.

So do you know about a program that is easy and safe to understand....
And if you do can you make a tutorial video to so i can use that every time i need to install a mod :D
...MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS - MODS...

Matheus

Ethan

spark img editor is by far the easiest because its drag and drop..

open it
open your GTA IMG you want to use
search for the vehicle you want to mod (replace)
drag the old ones into a backup folder (always have a backup folder), drag your modded files into the editor, save it and done..

Heck Ill make a video of it

edit
Ill finish that later

Trucker_martin

Quote from: Ethan on March 07, 2012, 18:02
spark img editor is by far the easiest because its drag and drop..

open it
open your GTA IMG you want to use
search for the vehicle you want to mod (replace)
drag the old ones into a backup folder (always have a backup folder), drag your modded files into the editor, save it and done..

Heck Ill make a video of it

edit
Ill finish that later
ok
When and will he post it here ????

RaceRX

There's no super safe way to mod.

Don't replace cars like elegy, or blistacompact because you can put spoilers on them, and that gives you opcodes.

Easiest, if you're just doing cars and not trailers and roads.. I guess sami is good for new modders.. but really I would copy your gta sa (whole game) and paste it somewhere as a backup.. and use alci's imgtool (1.5) because all you need to do is name the txd/dff to the car you want it to replace (NAMES MAY BE SHORTCUTTED!!) And 'import all, remove if exsists' then save. Simple.

Example of changing dff/txd

Download a mod with the dff/txd named petro.dff/txd, rename to rdtrain.dff/txd to replace the roadtrain.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Ethan

How to install mods using Spark IMG tools
By Ethan
If I need to slow it down so you can look at each one longer I can do that
[xfire]http://www.xfire.com/video/552fec/[/xfire]

Crimzz[UK]

IMG tools are easyish to use. Like the others said best thing to do is make a copy/backup of your gta3.img just incase anything goes wrong.

Also from the mods section http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,5294.0.html Thread with many different websites to download mods from.

Trucker_martin

OK in stupid in English and no i didn't understand that..
And i cant open the gta3 file becouse it says that it is empty ????
Don't know why :P
:trollface:

Think i use sami :P