"Competitor" likes to copy and paste

Started by Joshy, March 02, 2012, 13:08

Joshy

Posted in members to prevent non-members seeing...

Upon seeing Thimo was reported, warned and then banned, I decided to look at ET site. Not only is their forum categories practically the same, I also found this, nearly 100% copied from us.

Co-owner said this...
Quoteyea i know its rules from the old server just edited it abit so its can be related to the new server :D

:female_rage:

Also as some intel, HAULER@[UK]@ or whatever his name is was an admin at ET (he left yesterday though), I know he copied a few things from here as well.

Raaaage...
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mrtrlt

They're just insulting their own intelligence (Not that they have any)

By copying us.

Dr_dog

also he claimed mick's cruisecontrol script him own made by changing the "Cruisecontrol script by mick88" to "Cruisecontrol script by Thimo" also his server runs on the PPC's trucking gamemode. unbelivible stupid kid.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

$nake

So Competitor should be reported at his host and his server removed.. That's my opinion..

SuperGoof

or we could do the funny part and log with 50 people into that server and destroy it!

im genius.

Ethan

Quote from: $nake on March 02, 2012, 13:57
So Competitor should be reported at his host and his server removed.. That's my opinion..

so why should he have his server shutdown if he only copied (pretty much exact) the rules? there is no copying of the gamemode, and no copying of the website layout, so there would be no reason to report it..

Quote from: SuperGoof on March 02, 2012, 14:18
or we could do the funny part and log with 50 people into that server and destroy it!
im genius.
[size=78%]you are genius goof, you are[/size]

$hadow

Strato

I don't see a reason to care about that ET server.. they have a gamemod from the internet, 3/4 ppl on the server are retards.. anyway it's his loss that he can not even create their own rule section

KaT37

Quote from: SuperGoof on March 02, 2012, 14:18

im genius.

agreed ^^ damn what a smart dutch :D lets go fuck his server ...  :D

Dr_dog

could probably go warn the players there that the owner is a total noob at scripting, he uses a premade gamemode which is less than 5% edited by him.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

$nake

Quote from: Ethan on March 02, 2012, 14:18
Quote from: $nake on March 02, 2012, 13:57
so why should he have his server shutdown if he only copied (pretty much exact) the rules? there is no copying of the gamemode, and no copying of the website layout, so there would be no reason to report it..
If 95% of text is got from another website, it's plagiarism.. If singer sings a song with someone's other words,
like song Uh la la la sang by Alexia and then Blog27 with 95% of Alexia's lyrics, they needed an agreement
from Alexia to use their words in own song text.. Otherwise it would be plagiarism (which is punishable of course)..

Dr_dog

friend of mine has taken their host down once already.. still he dont learn.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Strato

Quote from: Dr_dog on March 02, 2012, 16:14
friend of mine has taken their host down once already.. still he dont learn.

We don't need to bring them down, Thimo will do it by his own.

TheGame

Alex_Pearson

This "competitor" has remade one of my mapper's work (the LV intersection) before, then got reported and ServerFFS suspended his account, seems like it didn't teach them a lesson

BTW this was copied by Rafikoedvatufhqwrioq3th or whatever his nickname is, he copied my ban appeal instructions before too, he has left ET though, now plays on splitters' server called LWD