[Suggestion] Safe to pass

Started by ihatetn931, March 01, 2012, 21:12

ihatetn931

Not to sure if this has been suggested, but in real life when truckers pass each other the one that is getting passed flashes his light to say it's safe to pass.

How about making it so you can press 2 or somthing and it flashes your lights saying it's safe to merge over and complete the overtake.

I mean it's hard to see on the passers screen to see if you're safe. The person that is behind knows when it's safe to pass for the other player so they can press 2 or whatever to make their lights flash 2 x.

I think it will stop a lot of lagg pitting cause i'm always getting lagg pitted.

Example

Person A goes to pass Person B, Person B sees that he is ahead of him and flashes his lights, then person A merges over to the lane. A nice clean overtake.

TheScaniaBoy

Nice suggestion, but i think u just have to press Q and E and see the difference betwen both trucks. I always change lane, when i can't see the players Name :D BUt +1 for this Suggest :D

ihatetn931

Q and E just activate the flashers, the overtaker would think you're turning then overtake you. Which could then lead to a Lagg pit.

Marccc

ehm, where is you camera position? i use only the positions that you see the end of your trailer so you can see if there is enough space to move back to the lane. You can move also your mouse to rotate the camera.

Sorry, pointless suggestion.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

ihatetn931

Quote from: Marccc on March 01, 2012, 21:30
ehm, where is you camera position? i use only the positions that you see the end of your trailer so you can see if there is enough space to move back to the lane. You can move also your mouse to rotate the camera.

yes but you have to think about lagg, If you see on your screen that's it's safe to pass. It isn't on the other persons screen.

Like when you go for a lagg pit, you don't hit there car to pit them you go in front of them and cut them off.

I'm thinking about lagg issues. There is really no way to stop the lagg.

Pitting is just like lag shooting. If you pull in front of someone that you passed cause you seen you where clear of them. You would lagg pit them.

You have to get pretty far ahead of them to make a clean pass. I always look behind me when i am passing someone to see if i am clear for a clean overtake without lagg pitting them.

Price

How about pressing Q + E (Look behind) to flash your lights. Then your lights flash on and off 2x before turning back to normal.

Konali

Passing/overtaking is just something u need to use ur brain for. yes there could be lagg but of you know that you are laggy or the other player is, just dont drive close behind them. And in that few occasions u got hit by a lagg hit from another trucker just choose the other lane where possible or keep safe distance.

Its just using your brain and even then there will be crashes and mistakes but hey, thats what we are humans for.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

TheSandman

Normal driving rules state you have to be on the outside lane of the road, (Left lane in Australia and normal places, Right lane in United States and slow countries), unless you are overtaking or other given reasons. *Roadworks*
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

carlosbruxel

I think it is a very complicated method to overtake considering that almost no one would pay atention on the flashing lights. I never pay atention on Q and E lights. When you want overtake, take a look ahead besides the vehicle in front, if its clear... overtake.
Even irl you dont have to "Q and E" or flash your lights to overtake.

And, the most important i think, never drive behind any player cause lag exists and even the lowerest ping guy may lag. Drive beside player.

Crimzz[UK]

The only time I think flashing both lights would come in handy would be when your allowing the other person to come through a small gap giving way to them.

Strato

i remember it was suggested before, i like it very much but i dont know which key would be right for it.. maybe automaticly when the truck stops or moves back will activate those lights?

Leoviz

Why? Cause all the noobs will use it "noobly", will be result in accidents and will be justified by saying: "I signaled to overtake, so I am innocent." Most players say that about the turning signals, when they hit you doing something stupid, but it was signaled.

Deff

get real -.-

its a game not irl

you can see everything clearly , there is no need for a signal

HeLiOn_PrImE

Quote from: Deff on March 03, 2012, 03:54
get real -.-

its a game not irl

you can see everything clearly , there is no need for a signal

That's right. You have the minimap, for crying out loud. It tells you if there is someone up ahead and how far he is. If his marker turns into a big square, you know he's close. What's left for you is to use your brain to make the right decision.

Quote from: Marccc on March 01, 2012, 21:30
no animated signatures allowed

mr.hilly

+ for this but could about those turn lights could make light to dont showing sides cause its huge minus u on that moment can lose control or crash on side of road or something what is staying @ place or atleast diffrent keys to u see and diffrent for turn lights .
and for flashing is huge +