Quote from: Storm94 on February 23, 2012, 22:23
Quote from: Deff on February 23, 2012, 21:02
Quote from: DarkMati on February 23, 2012, 14:01
Quote from: Storm94 on February 23, 2012, 02:30
Quote from: Konali on February 22, 2012, 19:21
Quote from: Deff on February 22, 2012, 18:29
Quote from: Ethan on February 22, 2012, 13:45
Quote from: Storm94 on February 22, 2012, 02:31
This is why it wouldnt be a bad idea for him to take on a couple of helpers when it comes to scripting. Even if its just code snippets, I think he could benefit from it.

well the couple people I know who actually can script should simply apply to be a scripter and see if they can help Mick out.. helping him may have a better chance of some of these things getting added or changed... like beezl said in one of the posts, you can script the game-mode but yet you may be able to help him do other changes and have it be a less of a burden since he is the only scripter for this server

Having another scriptor means he will have access to CVT's script which could sell or result in making a duplicate server.
So mick88 should NOT trust anyone. People should give him scripts in admin PM instead, he can modify them and apply to server if he wants.

Secondly, another scriptor can ruin the gamemode as well. mick88 has made everything perfectly organized and coordinated in the server.

I mentioned other scripters because that would allow mick to have the basic stuff written for him. The basic idea was, help scripters could look at suggestions and when mick thinks that suggestion would work, the help scripters script the basic stuff. In my opinion they dont need acces to the gamemode because they would only help with starting up.  And some suggestions are simple to script so mick could just copy it from them.

Exactly. I wouldnt want access to the main gamemode. That way, if something were to happen, my hands are clean. If he were to give access, he could make us sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), that way if we do take anything, or tell anyone, he can take legal action against us.

Deff are you blind?

Quote from: DarkMatiand as Storm said if you ever need help mick tell us, we can help you, not touching your gamemode because that will never pass

Not completely blind, just got weak eyesight and night blindness :)

Back on topic:
If the scriptors wont have access to CVT's script, then how will they come to know what kinda variables mick88 declared for CVT ?

So even if they make a script related to CVT gamemode, mick would have to rescript it once again, so this makes making "extra helping scriptors" pointless.

Obviously youve never scripted. Most SAMP code is interchangeable. Its as easy as mick copying and pasting our code, and changing some defined constants, such as colors for messages and things like that.

We dont need to script always, sometimes mick can tell us for example that he wants to do something but he dont know how to script it, so he can ask us and we can find ways to make the script shorter and more efficient, we can help him searching functions, i dont know, there is alot of things we can help as scripters, when another scripter or someone tells you their ideas you start to think ways to script it and that will be helpful for mick because he can script more fast with our help. In the case a script needs a variable i think there is no problem if he tells us that variables names, because you can not steal a gamemode by getting the name of a variable.

Deff

Quote from: DarkMati on February 24, 2012, 00:10
Quote from: Storm94 on February 23, 2012, 22:23
Quote from: Deff on February 23, 2012, 21:02
Quote from: DarkMati on February 23, 2012, 14:01
Quote from: Storm94 on February 23, 2012, 02:30
Quote from: Konali on February 22, 2012, 19:21
Quote from: Deff on February 22, 2012, 18:29
Quote from: Ethan on February 22, 2012, 13:45
Quote from: Storm94 on February 22, 2012, 02:31
This is why it wouldnt be a bad idea for him to take on a couple of helpers when it comes to scripting. Even if its just code snippets, I think he could benefit from it.

well the couple people I know who actually can script should simply apply to be a scripter and see if they can help Mick out.. helping him may have a better chance of some of these things getting added or changed... like beezl said in one of the posts, you can script the game-mode but yet you may be able to help him do other changes and have it be a less of a burden since he is the only scripter for this server

Having another scriptor means he will have access to CVT's script which could sell or result in making a duplicate server.
So mick88 should NOT trust anyone. People should give him scripts in admin PM instead, he can modify them and apply to server if he wants.

Secondly, another scriptor can ruin the gamemode as well. mick88 has made everything perfectly organized and coordinated in the server.

I mentioned other scripters because that would allow mick to have the basic stuff written for him. The basic idea was, help scripters could look at suggestions and when mick thinks that suggestion would work, the help scripters script the basic stuff. In my opinion they dont need acces to the gamemode because they would only help with starting up.  And some suggestions are simple to script so mick could just copy it from them.

Exactly. I wouldnt want access to the main gamemode. That way, if something were to happen, my hands are clean. If he were to give access, he could make us sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), that way if we do take anything, or tell anyone, he can take legal action against us.

Deff are you blind?

Quote from: DarkMatiand as Storm said if you ever need help mick tell us, we can help you, not touching your gamemode because that will never pass

Not completely blind, just got weak eyesight and night blindness :)

Back on topic:
If the scriptors wont have access to CVT's script, then how will they come to know what kinda variables mick88 declared for CVT ?

So even if they make a script related to CVT gamemode, mick would have to rescript it once again, so this makes making "extra helping scriptors" pointless.

Obviously youve never scripted. Most SAMP code is interchangeable. Its as easy as mick copying and pasting our code, and changing some defined constants, such as colors for messages and things like that.

We dont need to script always, sometimes mick can tell us for example that he wants to do something but he dont know how to script it, so he can ask us and we can find ways to make the script shorter and more efficient, we can help him searching functions, i dont know, there is alot of things we can help as scripters, when another scripter or someone tells you their ideas you start to think ways to script it and that will be helpful for mick because he can script more fast with our help. In the case a script needs a variable i think there is no problem if he tells us that variables names, because you can not steal a gamemode by getting the name of a variable.

Hmm i get your point guys.
So lets hope mick88 will think about helpers which can help him for making scripts.
So just like mappers/mods can give their applications , scriptors can give too. They can then script things told to them by mick88.

martata14

Yes because big convoys are slow and this is a chance to get more money

''Feel my pain, because it is pain, which I wake up every day."- Mike Tyson

Dobis

Quote from: Marccc on February 19, 2012, 18:45
Driving IN CONVOY was the FUN of this server, but since we have no good convoys anymore the totally fun is gone.
Actually Marccc is right bcs... Those rookies know only fast missions rushing blah blah blah... And who did it to them? We did. Bcs in smaller convoys u can do faster missions. They do the rushing in big convoy and it would make so big Chaos lol. But i have been in convoy with 20ppl it was made by me. It was so good feeling to be in it and as a leader  ::)

Strato

Enzzo

This server is CONVOY TRUCKING...I last time I never seen a convoy who have more than 10 players:|

So I agreee

+1

Give me a cookie and after that click here,to see me when I do a somersault.
            [spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]
This video isn't ready.
Give me more cookies:)

Calvingreen17.

This is a very nice suggestion Kon. It should make bigger convoys. Smart suggesting

Older and wiser

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Konali on February 19, 2012, 21:18
well limits as 20 max would be ok. and just a small bonus for each truck in your convoy. something like 100$ perhaps so then 20*150$ will be a 3000 convoy bonus when its a 20 players convoy at max.

Sure with the current system we can do big convoys, but having a payment based on how big the convoy is is more stimulating to do it:) and no it doesnt have to be very very much. 100.000 per mission would be to sick. 25k-30k perhaps.:)
25k-30k is too much because it kind of beats most fuel missions. Around 20-15k and you have more of my support :)

Older and wiser

Konali

Quote from: Calvingreen17 on March 23, 2012, 00:32
well limits as 20 max would be ok. and just a small bonus for each truck in your convoy. something like 100$ perhaps so then 20*150$ will be a 3000 convoy bonus when its a 20 players convoy at max.

Sure with the current system we can do big convoys, but having a payment based on how big the convoy is is more stimulating to do it:) and no it doesnt have to be very very much. 100.000 per mission would be to sick. 25k-30k perhaps. :)
25k-30k is too much because it kind of beats most fuel missions. Around 20-15k and you have more of my support :)

That was a comment before i suggested the new system to encourage bigger convoys and have a new variable to work for in CT. The idea is fine, but it would take alot of time to script it etc. So i dont think we will see this someday in CT:( but i have tried and to me thats worth something:)

:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Konali on March 23, 2012, 00:39
Quote from: Calvingreen17 on March 23, 2012, 00:32

Sure with the current system we can do big convoys, but having a payment based on how big the convoy is is more stimulating to do it:) and no it doesnt have to be very very much. 100.000 per mission would be to sick. 25k-30k perhaps. :)

That was a comment before i suggested the new system to encourage bigger convoys and have a new variable to work for in CT. The idea is fine, but it would take alot of time to script it etc. So i dont think we will see this someday in CT:( but i have tried and to me thats worth something:)
Yeah it is. Very nice :P

Older and wiser

Konali

Yay :)

Check the new changelog, mick added this:

Added "Convoy Score" - increases by 1 for every player in convoy after completing mission. The more players in convoy, the more it increases. It's just a stat and there are no rewards for it yet.
Well this is pretty much the basics of my suggestion and i wanna thank mick for it:) Its still very basic but one hell of a start:)
Really mick great job:):)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Shock

Quote from: Konali on March 27, 2012, 13:50
Yay :)

Check the new changelog, mick added this:

Added "Convoy Score" - increases by 1 for every player in convoy after completing mission. The more players in convoy, the more it increases. It's just a stat and there are no rewards for it yet.
Well this is pretty much the basics of my suggestion and i wanna thank mick for it:) Its still very basic but one hell of a start:)
Really mick great job:):)

:fuckyeah:
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!