Operation: Bring back the Convoy.

Started by Geckco, February 19, 2012, 15:23

the more people in a convoy = the more cash you gets = bigger convoys

yes
no
maybe

wkry17

Quote from: mick88 on February 19, 2012, 19:43
If I change it back, there will be one 100 player convoy, each member will get $100.000 per mission, everyone would be rich and there would be no point whatsoever doing any other missions.

I know this is my first post in this thread but I do love big convoys, yet I hate REALLY big ones. Maybe we could make a limit, once a convoy reaches 25-30 players, you stop getting bonuses. 

Supra

Or you put a limit of players in convoy. Max 20 maybe?

Geckco

Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Konali

well limits as 20 max would be ok. and just a small bonus for each truck in your convoy. something like 100$ perhaps so then 20*150$ will be a 3000 convoy bonus when its a 20 players convoy at max.

Sure with the current system we can do big convoys, but having a payment based on how big the convoy is is more stimulating to do it:) and no it doesnt have to be very very much. 100.000 per mission would be to sick. 25k-30k perhaps.:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

zacco

ok i understand what mick is saying and it is nothing that says we cant go in a big convoy!

but in the same time think back!

when we was joining the server first thing you did was /convoy to see any big convoy to join and most players that did join did also stay in the same convoy all night. and if i remember right most of the players did accept "noobs" and did help them to get it right from the start.

it is not all about the money but what is a convoy in 2 players? fast ok but it is not a convoy you need more trucks to get a convoy. with /lead on you get a clean convoy no racing to the unload point less ramming. so maby a good idea to get some change.

but like i did say before i cant remember why it was changed probable some good reason

Geckco

Quote from: zacco on February 19, 2012, 21:19
ok i understand what mick is saying and it is nothing that says we cant go in a big convoy!

but in the same time think back!

when we was joining the server first thing you did was /convoy to see any big convoy to join and most players that did join did also stay in the same convoy all night. and if i remember right most of the players did accept "noobs" and did help them to get it right from the start.

it is not all about the money but what is a convoy in 2 players? fast ok but it is not a convoy you need more trucks to get a convoy. with /lead on you get a clean convoy no racing to the unload point less ramming. so maby a good idea to get some change.

OMFG Zacco! Well said! This is what I've been talking about, this is what I want also! It was like that before and I love it. We just need Mick to bring it back
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Jopi

I was ledaer of bigger convoy too .. it's little bit slower but it's more funny then convoy with 1 one player :S
OK mick screw us with his post .. but how was in that OLD TIMES? people said there was 60 k missions? 60k is alot ,we will be happy with 40k ! :)

BIG CONVOYS !!!!!

:cereal:

Geckco

Well Mick what would make you bring it back?

Deff

reasons:

-you all can do big convoys but i can't do them, i lagg or get bugged. So it would be unfair for me if i get less money just because i can't do long convoys.

-The server's traffic will not be even. All players in server would be at one particular place, this would make other locations boring (because no one will be there), the cops would be near big convoys as well due to fines traffic.

- As a result more accidents will occur.

hence,
CVT has an awesome fair system for every little thing, by doing this, the system would be screwed and unfair system would establish.

Geckco

Viky, have you ever witnessed big convoys? Have you? Its not like that. If you lag thats your problem. I'm playing on a laptop from 2003 buddy, and i dont lagg.

Spekter

Quote from: mick88 on February 19, 2012, 19:43
Quote from: zacco on February 19, 2012, 18:06
all i can say yes but we have to see what mick have to say to this and i cant remember why he did change it in the first time.

If I change it back, there will be one 100 player convoy, each member will get $100.000 per mission, everyone would be rich and there would be no point whatsoever doing any other missions.

Geckco, if you want to make a big convoy, I'm not stopping you. If you want to play on people's greed, you can pay them yourself $10k per mission for participating in your convoy, or whatever you want.

Maybe nobody besides you wants big convoys? If they do, why don't you make a big convoy together?

Ok, lets say you are in a 100 trucks convoy. You need to wait for all 100 people to load (including not so skilled and new players), then, you need to drive to unload, and finally, to wait for 100 people to unload (same as for loading, if not worse).

Why would you do that, when you can just do some solo hauls, or some hauls in a 2 people convoy, and make almost as much money? Its not about the money...

Geckco

Sveki I doubt there will ever be a 100 person convoy.... And some people do it for the money. I dont think you've ever experienced being a large group while trucking. Its super fun.

$nake

Quote from: Jedi_Italian on February 19, 2012, 22:48
btw in the end...the reason why there aren't nomore big convoys is due at the achievements system, before when there wasn't, people was doing only artic because paid good and was the main work of server, and not dumper, coach, cement. With the beginning of achievements, people were encuraged to do all the other missions for unlock money and reach the 13/13 wich in my mind, represent the end of this game.
to-tally agreed!

iFrost

I HAVE AN IDEA FROM SEVERAL THINGS I'VE READ HERE

Geckco's idea, but as Mick said people would get like 100k each mission, so what do we do? Simple.
Once a convoy reaches 25 or 30 truckers, the amount of bonus reaches its maximum. So basically if there's 30+ people in the convoy, even if it's 100, there will be a really nice bonus, but not as big as Mick said (100k etc)

What do you think?

Geckco

Quote from: iFrost[Tiger] on February 20, 2012, 00:45
I HAVE AN IDEA FROM SEVERAL THINGS I'VE READ HERE

Geckco's idea, but as Mick said people would get like 100k each mission, so what do we do? Simple.
Once a convoy reaches 25 or 30 truckers, the amount of bonus reaches its maximum. So basically if there's 30+ people in the convoy, even if it's 100, there will be a really nice bonus, but not as big as Mick said (100k etc)

What do you think?

nice i like it :D