Operation: Bring back the Convoy.

Started by Geckco, February 19, 2012, 15:23

the more people in a convoy = the more cash you gets = bigger convoys

yes
no
maybe

Geckco

Please Vote! and Make sure to comment! I want to hear your feedback!

Wolf demanded something taken off the server which was cops using non cop cars could get fines. He made a post and got people to vote on it, and Mick listened and took it off.

Well I'm going to do that.

Old thread: http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,19170.0.html

I want more more people in a convoy, gets you more money. Why? Because it brings a large quantity of people in one convoy. I've been in convoys as large people as 40 people! There were lines of trucks just to load an unload!

So what I'm saying is make it to the more people that are in a convoy the more money you make. Mick you can decrease a little bit too! I just want the convoys back!

I made a vote on my other thread which got locked and i got 28 peopel approved 1 person said no and 2 said maybe that says a lot..

You guys remember the 30 people plus convoys, in the good old days? Those were the best days ever. The biggest convoy I've been in was the one with marccc it had 40 people plus, and it was amazing. You would have huge lines of trucks waiting to get into a loading point to make that cash. This server is called convoy trucking for a reason. in 2010 I would get up in the mornings around 8:00 am and get on this server. the first thing i would do was, /convoy. I would pick the convoy with the most people. Why? It was more fun, plus it was more money. Still even now when i get on i look for the biggest convoy and its so rare and hard to even find one or form one. Mick I know you had your reasons, but seriously i was so pissed when you took this off the server. I didn't care much for trading ect, I came on this server for the convoys! Its what made the server so fun for everyone!

Now how do we bring it back?

Make it more people in the convoy, makes it more cash. That is how it was before. Sadly that's the only way that would really bring it all back. I'm sure there's other ways but you bring back this back. But lets face it the server isn't really that fun for a lot of people anymore.  The big convoys were what made this server a triumph!

So what I'm asking is the more people in a convoy the more money you make, put it how it was back in the summer of 2010!

Dont tell me to make an event and host a big convoy, thats just bs. I want to get on the server and see the big kahuna, the convoy!

Look I just want it back to the way it was...

Questions from the thread:

QuoteI dont think i ever remember this feature, maybe when I just started (Jan /Feb 2011), was it removed before then?
It rings a bell though..

I believe it was taken out around the october 2010.

Quotewhat currently restricts you fom having more people in a convoy?? I mean whats preventing people from having huge convoys is, its a pain in the ass to control 15 people from loading all at once because the "newer" people dont know how to do it properly..

What look at what Lindsey said. What she said is true. If you make the same as a 2-5 person convoy. Why have a big convoy? Thats why I want Mick to put it back to the old way which was more people in a convoy = more cash. Ethan, its not hard to control buddy. Why? Because back than you could make up to 35k a mission, and the heights were high, so people would behave! The leader in the convoy would say "1 BY 1 OR REMOVED" and people would listen. I was one of those newer people too, and i listened. I can control a large convoy and not rage at them.

Mick what makes this server unique is that we can suggest stuff.

I'm not suggesting this, I'm calling for a vote to bring it back.
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

zacco

you are banned but i think you are right here why have a convoy in 2 players where is the fun in that 2 player less money 10 players more money. if you see on the server today you have 10 convoys with 2 players ? yes same money as 1 convoy with 20 players but we dont get less accidents at all and is a convoy 2 players?

Geckco

Quote from: zacco on February 19, 2012, 16:14
you are banned but i think you are right here why have a convoy in 2 players where is the fun in that 2 player less money 10 players more money. if you see on the server today you have 10 convoys with 2 players ? yes same money as 1 convoy with 20 players but we dont get less accidents at all and is a convoy 2 players?

Zacco, I think I understand what you say. But you were here when we had those big convoys. Sure we had crashes, and most of them came from the trains, when idiots would go on the train tracks. I'm sure we can prevent accidents. I get really bored on this server because really Its not as fun as it was before... If this were to come back I would love it. So zacco do I have your support?
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

iFrost

zacco

all i can say yes but we have to see what mick have to say to this and i cant remember why he did change it in the first time.

Geckco

Quote from: zacco on February 19, 2012, 18:06
all i can say yes but we have to see what mick have to say to this and i cant remember why he did change it in the first time.

good, I'm glad I have your support we need more people to know about this!

Geckco

Quote08 September 2010

Maximum number of players in convoy is set to 10 to decrease lag and traffic jams

12 September 2010

Removed convoy limit
    Set convoy bonus to 30% (fixed for any number of trucks in convoy)

That was the history of the Convoy. Now with SAMP being more upgraded there isn't really that much lagg as there was before. And the traffic jams were what made the server super realistic, I'm sure there wont be as much as there was before.

Konali

Yea i support this. Its convoy trucking after all and all those newer people just never experienced what one of the magic convoy trucking things is/was.

Payouts dont have to be outragious, but i agree that increase or another way to encourage big convoys is cool and is one of the special points of the server:)

I just realised, i rather complete 1 mission with 40 players and get 30k in ~30 minutes, than doing 3 missions and driving alone of with 1 other player. People that want to do small convoys still can add passwords on their convoys:P
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Geckco

Here are some pictures of the big convoys for those who never experienced this.

These are only small ones, that I found on the old forum.

If any of you have pictures like these, feel free to share.

The Wolf

I agree with Geckco, but is anyone willing to host (with mick's permission) that other server with an old version of CVT? he had it running with 10 slots and I think that would be awesome to. But mick had it you couldn't transfer your profile over so you start over, I would love that!
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

Marccc

Driving IN CONVOY was the FUN of this server, but since we have no good convoys anymore the totally fun is gone.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Geckco

Come on guys I want to see more support!

mick88

If I change it back, there will be one 100 player convoy, each member will get $100.000 per mission, everyone would be rich and there would be no point whatsoever doing any other missions.

Geckco, if you want to make a big convoy, I'm not stopping you. If you want to play on people's greed, you can pay them yourself $10k per mission for participating in your convoy, or whatever you want.

Maybe nobody besides you wants big convoys? If they do, why don't you make a big convoy together?

Geckco

Quote from: mick88 on February 19, 2012, 19:43

If I change it back, there will be one 100 player convoy, each member will get $100.000 per mission, everyone would be rich and there would be no point whatsoever doing any other missions.

Geckco, if you want to make a big convoy, I'm not stopping you. If you want to play on people's greed, you can pay them yourself $10k per mission for participating in your convoy, or whatever you want.

Maybe nobody besides you wants big convoys? If they do, why don't you make a big convoy together?

Why? Because no one is going to waste that much time on a big convoy for no reason, just to make the same amount of money in a 2 person convoy. I'm not the only one who wants this both of your admins support me on this and so does your staff. I have 19 people who want it and 1 who opposes, and on my other thread it was 31 people 1 no and 2 maybe. Mick you can lower the money you make on it too! And plus about what you said about 100k a convoy, you can raise the price on everything to prevent this economy from going to the shitter. Mick, just give it a try once more and see what happens from there. How about you commence a vote so that people will see it, and from there the community picks. I just want this back, and so do many other old veterans of this server.

$nake

Quote from: mick88 on February 19, 2012, 19:43
no1 cares about money then, u can add even $100 per every new convoy member and will be cool, just do sth with it..