Stop announcement spam!

Started by SuperGoof, January 28, 2012, 21:20

SuperGoof

it annoys the crap out of me! i cant even drive my truck normal cuz of the spams!
it would be nice if we can only buy 1 announcement every 15mins or something. more announcement arnt needed.
and dont say ''we paid for that''! those people are affecting the whole server with it!

here i got 2 chatlogs from 2 different days. spams are preformed by a bunch of dutch faggs:
about 2 weeks ago

[20:42:38] * Twitter announced: Polish people are stealing our jobs and bananas! /cb 5
[20:42:38] * Twitter announced: Nokia 3310
[20:58:28] * Sjomp announced: Items received: 5x Banana
[21:02:28] * Sjomp announced: 1 - 0 for the bananas!
[21:03:49] * Twitter announced: Crazy dutch people strike again! <3
* Sjomp announced: waste an other 10k what else?
[21:05:01] * Twitter announced: Holland is Awesome! :fuckyeah:

[21:05:09] <Beelzeboss> stop fucking spamming announcements

<Radi[BUL]> stop spamm

[21:06:35] * Sjomp announced: t/work
[21:07:07] * Black_Tiger announced: +1 if you like dem bananas!

[21:07:41] <Epa> stop with the that fucking shit
[21:07:42] <peterbilt359> stop spamming noobs
[21:08:34] <Epa> fuck announce

[21:09:18] * Sjomp announced: The bananas still rock!
[21:10:34] * Twitter announced: Chuck Norris will destroy the world, except The Netherlands <3
[21:10:58] * Black_Tiger announced: Do we like Cookies? yes we like cookies! Do we like bananas?
[21:11:08] * Sjomp announced: yes we like them!!
[21:11:23] * Sjomp announced: babababababa

[21:11:31] <Snorlax> Cut the annocments :S

[21:11:32] * Sjomp announced: anannannana

[21:11:34] <ESJONNE(SUOMI)> i?stop now!

[21:11:51] * Twitter announced: <3
[21:12:40] * Sjomp announced: Warning: This is an other announcement from Sjomp
[21:13:51] * Sjomp announced: Piter is BUSTED!
[21:14:28] * Twitter announced: ] Watch out! WE got some dutch badasses over here! ]
[21:15:22] * Sjomp announced: twitter man stop spamming announcements

overall score
twitter 8x
sjomp 13x

today:

[21:44:35] * Toppertje announced: Dikke duim in de ether: Oh Oh Oh baby don't go away from me

[21:45:13] * Facebook announced:  /Give TheScaniaBoy Sheep 2[21:45:54] * Sjomp announced: Items received: 2 sheeps + 1 dog + 3 cows
[21:46:00] * Twitter announced: Baby what's love? Baby dont hurt me dont hurt me no more!

[21:46:01] <SUPERNATURAL> stop spams

[21:47:20] * Sjomp announced: Dikke Sjompie aan de Dikke Duim:
[21:47:39] * Sjomp announced: Kom sneeuw witte vredes duif!
[21:48:17] * Black_Tiger announced: ooh Sheet! I Wasted 10k! What we do? WHAT WE DO?!!??!
[21:50:16] * Sjomp announced: Voor de engelsen onder ons: Dit is Nederlands!

[21:50:27] <Liberty_City> stop spam

[21:51:54] * Toppertje announced: jaja meisjes met rooie haren die kunnen kussen dat is niet mis
[21:52:21] * Twitter announced: Ring ring ring ring ring ring
ring Ba-na-na phone!

[21:52:31] <Vinny_One[PL]> idiot stop spamming

[21:52:46] * Sjomp announced: Meisjes met rooie haren! kunnen je zeggen wat liefde is!
[21:55:05] * Sjomp announced: Ik moet schijten jongens
[21:55:14] * Twitter announced: The cake is a lie! :(

its just annoying as fuck. pls set it to 1 announcement every 15 mins or something.

DeHavilland

[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Zaoldyeck

Ephraim_Renais

+1, I'm sure some accidents and unintentional rams have happened with this announce spam.

I'm sure people have better use for this money (ex. saving up for house, donating to clubs)

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Hobo

This rule is broken
Quote3) No flooding or spamming of chat, no advertising
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,11.0.html

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Vinny

Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Geckco

dude mick is just going to say, its there money, big deal.
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Sjomp

i think i need to say sorry, but it's hard for me to don't announce, because some of you guys are raging about 10k and that's just the fun of it :P
I mean i announced: Items received: 5x Banana  (and then some people are saying waste of 10k :P)
After this some else announced Bananas vs something else i don't know what it was.(this is not in your list supergoof ;D)
Then i needed to announce 1 - 0 for the bananas :P
And then you got
1.people that are laughing about this and say something about it.
2.people that are angry about the money.
3.people that say nothing and just work.(supergoof is 1 of them ;D)
But it's just fun to see how angry people can be about 10k  xD

But now i see how annoying it is for the people that are working... SORRY TO THIS GUYS!
I will try to don't do it again.(But it's not i can promise because if someone else start this and i see the angry people, i laugh about this and then.....)

Google

Warnable or not , Rubber was online , I even asked them if they could stop and Rubber said "No" But i think he wasn't talking to me , so wahtever.

So we sure need a command like /hideannunce and the annuncements should appear only in chat , Or without command and the annuncements should appear only in chat . IMO the text on the middle of the screen should be posible annuncing something only by the staff team.

Konali

Anouncement abusers > can be reported for flooding anouncements < saw mick doing this one/ spamming > if they anounce the same over and over again in a short amount of time ( 1-10 mins? )

further i think anouncements should be visible to all players and hiding them is not something i personally support.
For as far i know its a little group ( Dutchies :(:(   ) that are doing this, i will keep an eye on em.

Konali
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Deff

Please post that chatlog in report against players section, i am sure admins will deal with it : )

SuperGoof

Quote from: Deff on January 29, 2012, 04:15
Please post that chatlog in report against players section, i am sure admins will deal with it : )

Sorry i wont do that. faggots or not they are still some kind of friends of me, but not for long if they continue this.

Deff

Quote from: SuperGoof on January 29, 2012, 09:37
Quote from: Deff on January 29, 2012, 04:15

Sorry i wont do that. faggots or not they are still some kind of friends of me, but not for long if they continue this.

then why are you even complaining about spam >_>

spam is spam, rule is rule, friendship is different thing and not related to this.

$nake

once annoucement per 15 mins even per 1hr should be..
and annoucement should appear only once per 5 mins on screen, and that will stop abuse of it :)