News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Posting Bail.

Started by ThomasKirkman, January 17, 2012, 04:07

ThomasKirkman

The bail situation is crap.  You chase a guy all over the map, jail him for 16 minutes, and he has stolen another car before you can even fix your vehicle.  That is just a joke.  Why even jail them.  Just increase the fines when they are arrested and let them go.  Every arrest tonight has bailed and been out in the next chat line.  Jail serves no purpose now.

ThomasKirkman   >:(

[19:58:46] CAESAR jailed. You get $9000
[19:58:46] Officer ThomasKirkman jailed CAESAR for 16 minutes
[19:58:46] You get $500 from CAESAR's tickets
[19:58:52] CAESAR bailed out of jail!
[19:58:57] <CAESAR> 10-20 Fort Carson, Bone County
[19:59:26] CAESAR (7) is wanted for car theft (Fort Carson, Bone County)

[20:09:02] Officer BMan jailed CAESAR for 2 minutes
[20:09:08] CAESAR bailed out of jail!

BMan

i agree its a bunch of bull i mean at least make it a higher amount that needs to be paid like 100k at least then it would be more realistic its not worth casing someone all over the map to have them just pay a small amount and get out of jail hello there in there for a reason if they cant do the time they shouldnt o the crime

BMan

SuperGoof

this game is for fun, not as a punishment to sit 16mins in jail.

ThomasKirkman

Then don't steal.  Crime and punishment.  If you do wrong, which stealing a car is, then you go to jail.  What fun is it if there isn't an amount of risk to being a thief?  That is the fun.  But as it is, there is no risk other than a slight slap on the wrist.  All night long, people are arrested and out within 6 seconds.  As a cop, part of the reward is jailing wrong-dowers.  Now that is gone, why bother.  No punishment.

Lindsey

so when did CVT become a roleplay cop server?
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

It never was, and it was never stated OR implied that it was.  But I don't recall seeing anywhere that it has changed to an Anti-Cop roleplay server either.
This server has always been a cut above all the others because of the fair balance between cop and crook.  But as there are thousands of voices for the truckers and only a few for cops, I thought I would voice my opinion.

R16RACA

Quote from: Lindsey on January 17, 2012, 06:33
so when did CVT become a roleplay cop server?

yesterday
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

mick88

You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

bazingashane0

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?
+1.

In real life people can get bail so harden up thomas.

If you don't like the situation don't be a cop 24/7 or are you just pissed off you have to do your job as a cop again ?

$nake

cops will always complain about anti-cop features..
but.. imo its sth like that:
1. theves wont sit 16 mins in jail (cops says: dont steal) when they can pay and get out..
or/and
2. cops will complain coz they've spent some time before arresting (i can say: dont become a cop)

Deff

i do cop missions as well as thief missions sometimes. And i am happy with the new bail system.

Thanks to mick!

mrtrlt

I think the current system is great. It benifits both sides.

Cops can keep getting money and points for arresting while having fun (its a game) and it benifits the theif in a way that they can earn their thief achievement in a more efficient way...

So i like the current system.

P.S: I havnt even thought of starting my thief achievement so im not being biased.

DeHavilland

I like this jail system! Why you are mad to them? It's their own cash not yours.
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Matheus

Thomas: why do you act like a real cop if this is a game?

DJ_Smashon

:trollface:
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Enzzo

Quote from: Matt on January 17, 2012, 13:15
I think the current system is great. It benifits both sides.

Cops can keep getting money and points for arresting while having fun (its a game) and it benifits the theif in a way that they can earn their thief achievement in a more efficient way...

So i like the current system.

P.S: I havnt even thought of starting my thief achievement so im not being biased.

+1 For current system.

Give me a cookie and after that click here,to see me when I do a somersault.
            [spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]
This video isn't ready.
Give me more cookies:)

ConvoyKiller

When people had to sit out jail, they would quit the server, because they think it's boring and a waste to sit 30 mins in jail.

So this is a good addition.

TheGame

This is a good change for both sides.

nobody

Ehy, what now the /breakout command is for? Everybody can now escape from the jail without the Rude Boy achievement.

Konali

thomas, u get ur point and ur money, when he steals again u have the chance to get  score/money again. So since ur rewarded with points and money for it and eventually ur police achievement, i think bailing out only benefits all situations.

The only thing that makes u kinda sad about this is because u want them to suffer for being arrested. But its a game thomas and its meant to have fun, sitting 16/32 ( old system) in jail isnt fun. maybe for the cop, but thats it.

So dont take it to seriously and if u think this still sucks.. try doing truck missions, its a truck server after all :)

Merry Christmas
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

ThomasKirkman

Thanks Konali.  I never played for the money or the points, I have over 1000 arrests in my police car, so I have the achievement already.  I am sorry if I annoy people with posts about the police aspect.  But after 30 years as a Deputy, EMT and Firefighter I like to see those things involving police represented well and have a strong sense of honor and obligation where they are concerned.

This is a game for players to be convoy truckers.  When I first was introduced to the game, I thought the police element had an equal standing, thus making the game more "Real Life" oriented.  It allowed truckers to have to deal with real highway traffic laws.  I was VERY impressed that it didn't have the typical shoot-um up that the other servers had where the police were involved.  It had many elements of real policing which I found appealing.  I have discovered that before I started, it was even more realistic in that wanted suspects could be transported to jail.

I always thought the jail angle was great as it gave an element of risk to the thief profession.  Can I get away with it?  But that element has been stripped and now the only ones that do jail time for crime are new players that don't have an adequate bank account.  The maximum fine of $16000 can be made back in one Fuel mission to 3 stations.  Where is the risk in being a thief?  So now all the achievements can be obtained with no challenge other than drive time.
But as people are constantly pointing out, this is a trucking server.  The truckers just want to drive to and from objectives with no obstructions in between.  More arcade based than simulator.  Voicing opinions about the police aspect I find is frowned upon.

BMan

lol im that fat one on the right.

droctogonapus

why the fuck are you complaining bail means more money and arrests for cops so shut the fuck up if you don't like it

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

ThomasKirkman

Sounds like someone needs a hug.  LOL

emokid

thomas , not everyone thinks like that lol
the players who want the cop achievement will always be there, and people will be jailed again and again.

BMan

Quote from: droctogonapus on January 18, 2012, 03:03
why the fuck are you complaining bail means more money and arrests for cops so shut the fuck up if you don't like it

its not more money that bail doesn't go into the cops pocket so where ever are you seeing more money with this bail?

C:-) BMan

ThomasKirkman

As a cop, you make more money writting tickets.  The only thing a cop gains is another chase and arrest.  That is why you see so many "Glory Hounds" in Infernus cars are running around.  Why be a cop the hard way?

Joshy

Quote from: BMan on January 18, 2012, 05:14

its not more money that bail doesn't go into the cops pocket so where ever are you seeing more money with this bail?

More arrests = more money...

Anyway, a rather simple but often wrong quote: "if you can't beat them, join them".
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

bazingashane0

Then the money goes towards funding the public police vehicles and free fuel you get while driving the public cop cars :p Happy now ?

R16RACA

:ukiddn: :seriously_guy:
Bail=Suspects become wanted again quickly. More arrests from these=more money for cops.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Supra

Bailout money should be paid to the cop that arrested him :D

Rafe.McCawley

Why dont u just increase the bailout Price?
5.000$ for one minute Jail!

Only rich assh*les (like me  :trollface: ) can bail out anymore..
All others should use /breakout!

$nake

Quote from: Rafe_McCawley on January 21, 2012, 21:24
Why dont u just increase the bailout Price?
5.000$ for one minute Jail!

Only rich assh*les (like me  :trollface: ) can bail out anymore..
All others should use /breakout!
even if, 0 pointer noob will ask for money on cb or his 'friends' :)

Dan_Nobleman

Don't change the bailout system, it's perfect how it is. Thomas needs to stop bitching because something doesn't work for him.

/thread
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on January 22, 2012, 16:51
Don't change the bailout system, it's perfect how it is. Thomas needs to stop bitching because something doesn't work for him.

couldnt agree more.. (which means I agree with you Dan)

The Wolf

Quote from: Ethan on January 22, 2012, 17:43
Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on January 22, 2012, 16:51

couldnt agree more.. (which means I agree with you Dan)

I didn't even know we had a bail system...
Quote from: The_Hobo on September 13, 2012, 03:52
Why do some of you listen to explosive diarrhea?

xlt588

How bout just setting the bail system to where some get jailed if they get jailed for over 5 minutes they can bail. Plus if anything under 5 minutes they can pay for bail.

Ethan

make bail 10% of the minutes... 32 minutes makes bail 3200 not 32k