Using someone else's trailer

Started by Shantta[RO], December 12, 2011, 20:27

Shantta[RO]

Alright so, as some of you may know, we can use eachother's cars thanks to the current system. The Truck+Trailer though can't. If you get in someone else's truck already parked attached to his trailer, you enter the password, drive in it and when you get out the trailer gets respawned.

I understand that this has been created so you can't steal some else's traler but the system should work so when you type the password to enter someone else's truck+trailer attached it works for the trailer too and stays attached.

Not sure if this is possible script-wise or anything, no idea but now, it's a bit annoying, if someone lends you their truck.

$nake

Ethan

why would you want someone else truck in the first place is beyond me but why take the trailer too. there are plenty of free, openly spawned ones that you dont need it.

Joshy

My suggestions for commands:
/attachtrailer [pass] - works when trailer is attached, if player attempts to move without entering password it should auto-detach
/settrailerpass [pass] - works when trailer is attached, owner only command.

+1
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mick88

You should be able to use other players' trailer if you use his truck cab. You should make a proper bug report.

$nake

Quote from: mick88 on December 12, 2011, 23:12
You should be able to use other players' trailer if you use his truck cab. You should make a proper bug report.
ehee.. and after accidentally detaching u wont attach back and lose mission, better add add this suggestion :)

mick88

Quote from: Santa $nake on December 13, 2011, 00:06
Quote from: mick88 on December 12, 2011, 23:12
ehee.. and after accidentally detaching u wont attach back and lose mission, better add add this suggestion :)

I think you completely missed the point of my post, because yours makes just no sense.

Google

$nake , mick meant that the trailer should not respawn when you get down from the truck or lose it by accident so this is a bug. Thats why he said to post a bug report.