Live MAP

Started by $nake, December 12, 2011, 13:58

$nake

this is totally osom! like year ago ive suggested KR2's idea about Live MAP at CT.net..
actually ive noticed sth like this, what should be added and will be totally usefull!

check it out:
http://samp.ae-webmedia.de/minimap/
and click Get Codes button to see how its cool :)

mick88

How is it going to be useful?

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

RaceRX

Quote from: mick88 on December 13, 2011, 16:42
:trollface:

But probally for getting an exact or more accurate location on suspects as a cop.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Anri

racer to see live map u need to :

ALT + TAB , then open browser , write convoytrucking.net , click map , then live map , then u find out that suspect is on TIERRA robada and u are on LV yet !
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

$nake

Quote from: mick88 on December 13, 2011, 16:42
u will see where each player is (his map position) instead of stock GTA SA + WC maps :)

[GER]Melissa

Quote from: SANTA SUCKS , I WONT CHANGE MY NAME :DDD MWHAHAHHA on December 13, 2011, 17:19
racer to see live map u need to :

ALT + TAB , then open browser , write convoytrucking.net , click map , then live map , then u find out that suspect is on TIERRA robada and u are on LV yet !
Is the live map included? Why i cant find it?

Anri

its not added , im just giving example :)
EDIT:

Axi.

i would like this :D

RaceRX

OH. well thats ... stupid. -1
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

DeHavilland

Quote from: RaceRX on December 13, 2011, 20:10
OH. well thats ... stupid. -1
Agree with RaceRX, Even Crazybobs live map is useless.
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Dynamo

the only way this would be useful would be if someone had a second screen. then they could play the game on one screen and have the live map on the second screen

Marccc

Quote from: Elf With Attitude on December 13, 2011, 23:22
the only way this would be useful would be if someone had a second screen. then they could play the game on one screen and have the live map on the second screen
PC and Laptop on my desk and voila!

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

TheSandman

Quote from: Marccc on December 14, 2011, 10:37
Quote from: Elf With Attitude on December 13, 2011, 23:22
PC and Laptop on my desk and voila!
Ive got a TV with a PS3 next to me...lol.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

DJ Kiwi

It could be useful for event..... Like keeping track of racers, convoys and see if there are carshows(many peoPle in one spot)

Click My signature ;)

HeLiOn_PrImE

It would have many uses, but it takes a lot to script, and it requires good internet connection. I, for one would use it to monitor the traffic, to plan my routes better....anyway...not going to happen.....not soon at least.
no animated signatures allowed

ThomasKirkman

Possible.  Check this out.    http://www.cbcnr.com/mrx/map/map_web.php

If they can do it, we should be able to.

ThomasKirkman

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on January 16, 2012, 00:30
Possible.  Check this out.    http://www.cbcnr.com/mrx/map/map_web.php

If they can do it, we should be able to.

ThomasKirkman

way to bump an old thread, of course it can be done -.-
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Master Hammy

This has been suggested before, and it would most likely cause server lag.

================================
Nickolas C Shaffer
Hobbiest Pawn Coder
Youth Pastor In Training - FBC Snellville
Find Me On Facebook!
================================

HeLiOn_PrImE

Maybe they will do it when they have a stronger host. Anyway thanks for proving the point.

Joshy

Honestly, it is 100% possible. But the gamemode is complex, it uses a rather large amount of resources. Adding something like this that updates every 5 seconds or so is another loop. Therefore it can cause lag if there's not much CPU cycles left. And there is no point having a live map that updates every minute, since players can move from let's say, Tierra Robada to Bone County in 1 minute.

I remain neutral.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Konali

i will ask the same question as mick did, how can this be usefull. i just see it as another add-on wich isnt really really needed to perform better.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

HeLiOn_PrImE

Locating friends before entering the server;
Monitoring traffic so you can choose a suitable area for you;

Joshy

Quote from: Call me PrImE on January 16, 2012, 20:14
Locating friends before entering the server;
Monitoring traffic so you can choose a suitable area for you;
Want to know who's online? http://convoytrucking.net/online.php
In-game pause map works for the second point made.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

HeLiOn_PrImE

The pause map shows only the markers.
And of course there's the locate command, but most of the newbies don't know the detailed location names. I started learning them since I arrived. Having them on the map before you enter will help you. For starters you will be able to choose the closest spawn point.
I know there's not much to go on, but this map can provide more accuracy in everything.

I'm still aware of the resources needed, that's why I'm pointing out that it would be awesome when the server has a stronger host.

Joshy

Quote from: Call me PrImE on January 16, 2012, 20:36
The pause map shows only the markers.
And of course there's the locate command, but most of the newbies don't know the detailed location names. I started learning them since I arrived. Having them on the map before you enter will help you. For starters you will be able to choose the closest spawn point.
I know there's not much to go on, but this map can provide more accuracy in everything.

I'm still aware of the resources needed, that's why I'm pointing out that it would be awesome when the server has a stronger host.
In single player, enable all 5 map icon types in the map and you should have markers on the pause map in-game. Remember to turn off the legend.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

HeLiOn_PrImE

Dude I already have the markers. I was just saying that the live map would point the exact location of someone, and where he/she's headed. Like I said, more accuracy than we have with the pause map.
I am pro to this but it's not like I'm heartbroken if it doesn't get added.

Geckco

i cant use the map because i crash. I like this idea +1
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Hobo

This would be very helpful and interesting to just watch.
+1

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

bazingashane0

Quote from: Geckco on January 16, 2012, 21:53
Re-install GTA:SA or do something else to rectify the issue.

As stated it will take up cpu resources that could be used elsewhere to improve the server gameplay.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Konali

Quote from: Shane0 on January 17, 2012, 03:02
Quote from: Geckco on January 16, 2012, 21:53
Re-install GTA:SA or do something else to rectify the issue.

As stated it will take up cpu resources that could be used elsewhere to improve the server gameplay.

Yup :)

@ geckco , disable LEGEND in the options menu when ESC'd. most common solution for map crash issues.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.