News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Police Standards

Started by Partyroo, December 12, 2011, 04:59

Partyroo

Hi,

Ok, I am so sick & tired of cops "accidentally" ramming & getting away with it. Something needs to be done, I have lost 5 loads over 4 days because of cops weight checking on the ferry, blowing up gas stations, drifting round corners & so on. I'm sick of paying for the load loss & the cops don't even apologise. I don't know what else I can suggest, every idea I have had to help the server police become a better driver has been completely ignored by administrators.

I don't care what is done but something must be done, as I said I am so sick & tired of idiot drivers, getting in a cop car & thinking they can do what ever comes into their little idiot mind. Because they get a siren & get to stop trucks they then start thinking they can push in front in construction sites & what have you.

:cereal: :angry: :female_rage: :gtfo: :why:

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

Konali

Since this is a topic where people would like to argue etc etc and thats not allowed within the ''reports and requests'' board i placed it here.

Konali
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

ThomasKirkman

OK Skippy.  Here is two cents worth from a cop's point of view.  This is by no means an excuse for all ramming, but it does cover quite a bit of it.
Cop follows truck, issues ticket or tags for weight check.  Truck locks brakes and cop hits rear of truck or cop swerves into another truck to avoid collision with first truck.  Or truck doesn't stop right away forcing cop to follow after issuing ticket or weight check.  So cop is speeding up to catch truck when truck locks brakes forcing same situation to occur.  Trucker usually does this right in the middle of the road, and doesn't pull to the side.  The trucker blames cop for ramming and whines about having to be weighed when he "NEVER OVERLOADS".

Another one.  Trucker with fines is in the middle of three or four other trucks.  Again, gets tagged for ticket, hits brakes and cop again tries to avoid collision with ticketed truck but hits others due to loss of control.

And another.  Trucker has fines. Knows he has fines.  Sees the cop following.  Goes as fast as he can.  When cop gets close, trucker locks the brakes.  Collision occurs.  Trucker whines about getting rammed again.

The bad one.  Cop is pursuing suspect.  Lights and siren blaring.  Cop is passing truck when truck turns in front of cop.  Collision occurs.  Intentional ramming whine is posted.

And always from the trucker you see "Stupid Noob Cop".  Gee.  That makes me sure want to extend and apology.  You see, it gets old from a cops stand point also.  I see truckers jack-knife in front of me all the time in an attempt to get me to hit them.  Accidental ramming occurs a lot.  But from my standpoint, it is usually attributed to, shall we say other factors.  As I say, this isn't always the case and I have seen a lot of stupid cop moves from a truckers point of view too.  But next time you get hit, consider what the cop is involved with at the time.  If worse comes to worse, PM him and ask "Why".

ThomasKirkman   C:-)

Joshy

You do know, if you look at the mini-map before corners, and stop for cops smoothly (don't lock on brakes), you won't have any problems.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

$nake

even if a cop has failed trucker's mission not intentionally, he should give him back money for that,
coz its his fault, trucker doesnt care bout that he was pursuing or driving for fun,
just give him back money for failed mission, and he wont be so mad..
but some of cops are intentionally ramming or blocking for fines,
they doesnt care that trucker will crash to water or sth,
they wants his shitty $150..

Viper

i agree with Santroo i hate when they fine me on the ferry it againsest the rule and they jail u cuz u did god damn pay the ticket cuz of  idioit cops who dont read the cop rule and that why we get shitty
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

R16RACA

i think the problem is not good cops here, but ones that piss around, try and beat other cops to tickets, tailgate tickets and weights. Now that SF driving school is open, we should use it. I used to be a cop all the time, but then all this sorta shit started coming up. now, all i do is go after players i know wont have a bitch because i weighed them or whatever.
COPS: this is a trucking server. respect the truckers. don't do stupid shit
TRUCKERS: They're doing a job, don't slam on the brakes
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

ThomasKirkman

OK $nake, lets follow that line of reasoning for a second.  What will the truckers give the cops when they cause the cop to crash into them?  Humm?  Ya.  Not a damn thing.  OK how about this.  When a trucker sees a cop is coming after him and knows he has fines.  But goes until the cops gets behind him and tags him before stopping, I think the trucker should give him an extra $10,000 for all the fines and overweights he had to pass up just to catch that one trucker.  Fair enough?  Didn't think so. 

R16RACA

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 12, 2011, 08:42
  But goes until the cops gets behind him and tags him before stopping, I think the trucker should give him an extra $10,000 for all the fines and overweights he had to pass up just to catch that one trucker.  Fair enough?  Didn't think so.

until this makes grammatical sense to me, i wont reply to it.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

$nake

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 12, 2011, 08:42
OK $nake, lets follow that line of reasoning for a second.  What will the truckers give the cops when they cause the cop to crash into them?  Humm?  Ya.  Not a damn thing.  OK how about this.  When a trucker sees a cop is coming after him and knows he has fines.  But goes until the cops gets behind him and tags him before stopping, I think the trucker should give him an extra $10,000 for all the fines and overweights he had to pass up just to catch that one trucker.  Fair enough?  Didn't think so.
look.. im a trucker, ur a cop.. (as example)
1. u r ramming me incidentally, im falling to water, im mad (/i did it)
coz ive failed my mission, even not incidentally, but still.. and u wont refund..
uve lost nothing, ive lost my mission which should be finished and money, which ive lost..

2. i had a lag when i just crashed and nothing big happend, u r in water, u r mad,
but I DIDNT FAIL ur mission, coz watered cop will lose nothing.. is that fair ? nope!
to be fair, u should lose ur money while falling to water, but its not a problem..

ThomasKirkman

R16, Say you have fines.  You see me turn around and start coming after you.  You are the only truck I could be coming after.  BUT, you keep driving full throttle.  I pass 5 or more other trucks that have fines before catching up to you and issuing you your ticket.
Are you going to pay me for all the fines I missed because you screwed with my job?  Hell no you aren't.

And $nake, you finish mission, you get $8000 for 3 minutes driving.  I drive all over map for $150.  It all comes out in the end.  You will never get cops or truckers to pay the other unless there are honorable people involved.  And frankly there are only a handful that I would consider re-imbursing.

$nake

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on December 12, 2011, 09:01
R16, Say you have fines.  You see me turn around and start coming after you.  You are the only truck I could be coming after.  BUT, you keep driving full throttle.  I pass 5 or more other trucks that have fines before catching up to you and issuing you your ticket.
Are you going to pay me for all the fines I missed because you screwed with my job?  Hell no you aren't.

And $nake, you finish mission, you get $8000 for 3 minutes driving.  I drive all over map for $150.  It all comes out in the end.  You will never get cops or truckers to pay the other unless there are honorable people involved.  And frankly there are only a handful that I would consider re-imbursing.
but still.. even if limo driver losts mission coz of me, i will ALWAYS refund him, if not, i will still just for ramming..
THIS is called being friendliness, nothing more, if u feel that second person (crashed one) has lost sth, refund him..
idk what person is needed to be to dont do that, idk what person is needed to be,
to be a dick who doesnt care about others problems and wont try to help..
i just cant dont help when some1 needs it..

Partyroo

Yeah that too. Even if it is the truckers fault, I always try my best to see everyone is as happy as possible. & Josh yes I do use my map. I always look around corners for traffic & what have you. What I am complaining about is the police causing it. Not all police are this bad, I think it's the ones that don't talk in the chat box, have no real reputation & therefore have nothing to loose by not driving sensibly.

I think along with a written test, there must be some type of driving test or something. It amazes me when people send a /pm ski "What does it mean if a player is red on the map?" I know in my old group of game mates, I think two of us did not cheat that test. Everyone cheats on the test & that is why they don't know about the rules, also I think a large portion of the test must include something that trains them about lag. Something like:

What should you do if a truck is slowing down as if they are no longer on the accelerator? (Paused trucker)

Some people have large truck mods, what can you do to counteract this so there is no accidents?

Truckers sometimes can take their eyes off the road, how can you drive to avoid any collisions if this occurs?
Because last I took the test there was nothing like this, back then even I had no idea lag was that bigger problem. Though from what I remember I've never caused an accident while on police duty. It's pure & simple common sense & that skill has gone with the tide.

S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

ThomasKirkman

But those are the type of things they should have learned during the 100 missions it took to get their badge. 

Other questions for the new test. 
What should you do when you stop a trucker to weigh him and after he is done weighing he backs into your police car?
What should you do if your trying to pass a trucker and he pushs you into oncoming traffic?
What should you do when other police officers ram time and again during a pursuit just so they can be "First"?

Collisions happen.  Record it and report it.  Best solution.

ThomasKirkman

Partyroo

Yes but sometimes its a genuine accident, what I want to stamp out is most of those accidents, I think the bar needs to be raised. In my opinion accidents don't get punished but on purpose, yes, If you train the players better, less accidents happen. I don't want everyone going around reporting every time someone jumps a curb, I don't like raging at someone over a chat box, but if they are an idiot enough to be doing what I have seen people doing then I will. Like I said, I just would like better training provided & make the server a little but more enjoyable for everyone.

I think the bar needs to be placed at 500 truck missions + at least one of any achievement. (apart from Super Cop ofc.)

S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.