Suggestion about the /id funktion

Started by [GER]Melissa, December 11, 2011, 02:07

[GER]Melissa

Maybe u know the problem, if u type in " /id tim " for example, but there are more than one person which begin with " tim " online and u only got the ID of one!
Its whould be better if u whould get a list of everyone who has " tim " in his name, or which name begin with " tim "!

But there should be a minimum of 3 letters.
If u whould get a list of everyone who have " [GER] " in his name u could get names like...
(i dont know if there are persons with this names on the server, but this are just examples)

[GER]Melissa ID 6
[GER]Riko ID 12
Martin[GER] ID 69

This Whould be bettter for Everyone!
Back to the example with " tim "
Tim_Bender ID 4
Tim_Messanger ID 48

If u try to get the id of Tim_Messanger u whould get just the ID of Tim_Bender cause he is the first "Tim" in the list, but cause of the list of more persons u whould get everyone with " Tim " in the name.

Maybe its whould be better for moderators and Admins too, so they wont mute/kick/ban the wrong person :D

Konali

i would like this:) simple and helps alot:)
+1
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

DeHavilland

[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Google

How about ID then the name?
Like :
ID: 23 Google .

Anyway +1 !

$nake

good idea :) type /id [ro] and u will get spam of [RO] players :)
but better idea would be that one player should have only his unique id,
even 35123 (number of registered accounts about) or just type /id tim to find only [RO]tim :)

[GER]Melissa

Quote from: Google on December 11, 2011, 09:15
How about ID then the name?
Like :
ID: 23 Google .

Anyway +1 !

In my opinion its the same if the ID is infront of the name, or behind^^

Google

Yeah it really dosen't matter that much!

Ernests

Simple and good idea. +1 Should be added. :)

Storm94

Well...from my knowledge of scripting, this would take yet another scripting loop to accomplish. You see, the /id command just uses the sscanf paramater "u", which accepts either a partial/full playername or a playerid (try /id 5, and it will output player 5), and outputs the playerid (reference: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=120356). Sscanf only outputs the first player it matches, not every player it matches, which means mick would have to loop through every player to see if the string that you pass through the command appears in any person's name. Harder than you think.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Spekter

Nice idea, Mel. Its kinda annoying when you want to get id of someone whos name is completely inside other person's name, like Bull and Bullet.

+1

Xero

I got lost after Storm said "sscanf paramater "u" " lol

Storm94

Quote from: Xero the Christmas Poo on December 12, 2011, 12:12

Haha it can be a little difficult to understand. I just wanted people to know that its not easy.

"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

[GER]Melissa

Quote from: Storm203 on December 12, 2011, 14:55
Quote from: Xero the Christmas Poo on December 12, 2011, 12:12

Haha it can be a little difficult to understand. I just wanted people to know that its not easy.

Maybe not easy, but i hope that its good :D
In my opinion it will help a lot!^^

mick88

Quote from: Storm203 on December 11, 2011, 23:25
Well...from my knowledge of scripting, this would take yet another scripting loop to accomplish. You see, the /id command just uses the sscanf paramater "u", which accepts either a partial/full playername or a playerid (try /id 5, and it will output player 5), and outputs the playerid (reference: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=120356). Sscanf only outputs the first player it matches, not every player it matches, which means mick would have to loop through every player to see if the string that you pass through the command appears in any person's name. Harder than you think.

After reading your post I imagine myself running in loops and asking everyone their names.

Storm94

Quote from: mick88 on December 14, 2011, 11:06
Quote from: Storm203 on December 11, 2011, 23:25

After reading your post I imagine myself running in loops and asking everyone their names.

Like I said, harder than you think :P

[/glow]

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

Storm94

[/glow]