Fixing the housing situation.

Started by Bob_Ferret, December 01, 2011, 10:32

Bob_Ferret

We all know a lot of people are waiting for houses that are 3 slot and up.

I'm not sure if anything is being done about it.

I suggest that if people are offline for a long time without giving a reason, they should lose their houses for others to use.

This might sound a bit cruel but half the people who own such houses are never on, and by "a long time" I dont mean a few weeks... maybe over a month.
I see people on Convoy Trucking everyday working for points and money to buy more cars and a better place, these people have to wait a very long time even though they have worked to buy one. And for someone to be offline for a few months is a bit unfair.

I'm not sure if something is in place already but it seems to me, that this is something that will continue to happen if something is not done.

Thanks guy, I hope that wasn't confusing.

Cheers Bob_Ferret[AUS]

Partyroo

+1.

It really does amaze me how many people with 5 slots or more that are inactive. They log in day 59 to keep everything, so many people (Including me), as Bob said, are waiting quite a while to upgrade. Either this or more houses need to be added or something. Surely if there is an object limit just take some things out.
Does Fir Island really need a white house?

Something, anything, needs to be done. Seriously, I was talking to someone who had 10+ people on his contacts inactive with very nice houses.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

Nagy_Sanyi

Totally right.75% of the players who own a house dont even play CVT anymore,they just log in sometimes for keeping their stuff

Ernests

Yeah, It's true, but think what you buy 5 slots house, playing active 2 months, and earlier or later anyway you will be bored by trucking and you want to do a break for ~2-3 months, and you won't have anything after you will be back after break.

Mine's english not the best, but hope you will understand.

$nake

Quote from: Nagy_Sanyi on December 01, 2011, 17:08
Totally right.75% of the players who own a house dont even play CVT anymore,they just log in sometimes for keeping their stuff
totally agree.. they r noobs.. like Hax's best *cough* friend - adek :D

Quote from: Hookers on December 01, 2011, 18:34
Yeah, It's true, but think what you buy 5 slots house, playing active 2 months, and earlier or later anyway you will be bored by trucking and you want to do a break for ~2-3 months, and you won't have anything after you will be back after break.
if they are bored of ct, they can quit and never come back..
but mick will never get our suggestion with being active to keep house..
stronger limits in this case should be added, but these noobs will never agree..

Quote from: Hookers on December 01, 2011, 18:34
Mine's english not the best, but hope you will understand.
dont worry, its fine :)

Bob_Ferret

Yea that's the problem, Nothing is getting done about it.  :(

mrtrlt

Thing is though, im going on holiday on the 10th of December for 5 weeks. When I get back. All my stuff will have been sold..

Sorry bob but -1 because of that reason. :(

Partyroo

Quote from: Matt on December 02, 2011, 01:19
Thing is though, im going on holiday on the 10th of December for 5 weeks. When I get back. All my stuff will have been sold..

Sorry bob but -1 because of that reason. :(

Thats why you would give a reason to why you would be away, & get a pardon of some type?
& I bet when you get back you'l want to +1 because there are no houses...

:gtfo:

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

TheGame

This is the reason why there are not a lot of 3-4 slots forsale.
So, i can agree with this.

Ethan

if you go on vacation for 5 weeks (= 35 days) you wont lose your stuff because you have to be inactive for 60 days (2 1/2 months)... go on vacation and enjoy it, but if your out longer, you would have to give a reason as to why you cant login (I got in an accident and I have to stay in the hospital for 8 weeks to recover) giving a reason would notify Mick not to remove your things.

mrtrlt

Quote from: Ethan on December 02, 2011, 16:21

if you go on vacation for 5 weeks (= 35 days) you wont lose your stuff because you have to be inactive for 60 days (2 1/2 months)... go on vacation and enjoy it, but if your out longer, you would have to give a reason as to why you cant login (I got in an accident and I have to stay in the hospital for 8 weeks to recover) giving a reason would notify Mick not to remove your things.

Thanks Ethan. I was just worried about him decreasing the time with all these suggestions.

Now i can breathe a sigh of relief :)

Shantta[RO]

I agree that the timer should be lowered, but I see 2 ways to go here:

Lower it not too much, maybe leave it at MIN 40 days, or option B, lower it to maybe like 30 days or even less but make it so that people can post inactivity requests for VALID reasons (vacations, moving, etc, not beeing bored) so they can keep their stuff. The house gets REFUNDED so I don't see the problem here.

I remember once, a few years back, I was playing on this very very popular RP server, the best I consider to ever exist in SA-MP and if you were inactive more than 15 days ur house got admin-sold and you would get NO refunds, and we were talking about expensive houses, mansions, etc.

Here all gets refunded, if timers would be lowered houses would be available all the time, so if somebody were to get bored of CVT, they would loose the house but get the money for it (half of course, like selling) and when they would come back, they can buy a new one, since they would be really available.

This thing that happens now creates a circle effect. People keep their houses because they are afraid to loose them knowing that they are HARD to get. If they would be easy to get, people would be more open to selling them and most will stop logging in on the last day to avoid auto-selling, allowing them to become easy to get.