News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

mods,and bad mods.

Started by taliban, November 19, 2011, 16:07

taliban

so hi there, i played this server long ago, so i decided to play it again, i have 200 000 $ so you can think about how long i play for now :P

however, recently i got kicked for "bad mods" and i donwloaded and instaled mods like everyone else and everything works fine for me, i don't know what the admin saw, but i don't wanan get banned. or remove my mods.
(im a mod freak :V)

thanks for reading.

Viper

kk they dont look laggy to u cuz ur seening it urs self but to others yes and that bad
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

taliban

ye i know that, (im not a nub modder) however i see many other players having mods and the all jump/lag/bounce a little so how are they allowed to have mods and i get kicked -.-

Viper

maybe they little and they cant get all at once

[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

Dynamo

rules state no laggy mods if you have them they must be removed if u spot someone with a laggy mod on the server report them and also don't just change a laggy mod for another laggy mod or you will run the chance of being banned till ur mods are removed and originals are installed.

Matheus

Admins cant spec all the players for see if they have bad mods, we dont have 80 admins

Deff

@Matheeh: they can, one by one, thats their work

Anyways, coming to topic
You cannot know whether your mods are laggy or not because only other players can see that, maybe you have seen some players' trailers jumping/bouncing a little , but little bit is allowed, you must have been kicked because you must be lagging more worse then them , unfit for the server.. so mods are judged by admins.

Joshy

Quote from: Deff on November 20, 2011, 16:29
@Matheeh: they can, one by one, thats their work
Last time I remembered our work has to help the community, keep rule breakers under control and generally moderating the server as we go along. That's what /report is for, to let us know of rule breakers. We can't go checking everyone one-by-one or the original point of coming here (which is fun) is gone.

Anyway, if you have mods installed you cannot tell by yourself if you lag or not. Mod lag is caused by differences in sizes, positions and offsets and so on (physical models so in the DFF file). Let's say a RT was 6mx3mx3m (w x h x d) and yours was 6m x 4m x 3m. (viewed from the side)

The difference in height will cause you to lag vertically to normal (unmodded) users, hence the floating or bouncing.
If the depth was bigger than normal, when a person overtakes you, you would spin out / be rammed.
If it was smaller, you could end up ramming a player when overtaking them, and cops will find it difficult to stop you by force.
If the width is longer, you may appear to be far away from other players but on your screen you're right behind him.
Width is shorter, and on your screen you're close to the person = you would ram them.

This is why mods that alter the physical model too much is not aloud here, since it's prone to causing accidents.

In case anyone says anything about 'internet lag' in relation to this, internet lag only delays the player. The positions will be the exact same, just 0.5 seconds behind.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)