Cop grace period

Started by Partyroo, November 04, 2011, 10:27

Partyroo

I noticed a cop block someone, & have their badge revoked, & it got me thinking. Cops can go for another test right after they loose it, I can't imagine them learning much if all there really is, is a 200k reminder.

I was thinking a week grace period for them until they can begin the cop test. There are a lot of server police around that only serve as a police officer, they just leech. I do get accidents do happen, however if you implement some psychobiology, its more of a deterrent & a lesson if they have to wait a time period before they can do anything.
It might not help much, but it might clean up some slop in the server cops behaviour.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.

TheSandman

25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

DeHavilland

[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Nitrochegs

<3

mrtrlt

This is just simply needed.
+1

ChevyClevie

$nake

more specify:
1st revoke - 7 days without possibility for buying badge
2nd revoke - 30 days without possibility for buying badge
3rd revoke - perm revoke, no possibility for buying badge

about 3rd - yahooo should get perm-revoked for his action instead of 200 days ban..

TheGame

Quote from: $nake on November 04, 2011, 15:27
more specify:

about 3rd - yahooo should get perm-revoked for his action instead of 200 days ban..

I really agree with this snakie :D

Nagy_Sanyi

Good idea!I just say an example about a typical noob cop:

Few days ago a noob cop named valdo_fast(or whatever his name is) rammed me with his dumper.He got his badge revoked but in the next day i saw him as cop again.He has not changed but rammed people over and over again,he even made Racer's vehicle blow up.So it just proves noob cops change nothing,they just pay 200k and continue their bullshit.So yeah this is a great idea and the 2nd badge should be for 500k and like Snake said at 3rd revoke there should be a perm or a longer revoke

Joshy

I don't agree with perm revokes, it's makes cop achievement impossible. Instead introduce grace periods, tougher cop test and higher prices.

First badge: 50k, standard cop test, wait 24hrs if failed.
1st revoke: unable to do cop test for 7 days, costs 250k to get back. Slightly harder cop test.
2nd revoke: unable to do cop test for 14 days, costs 500k to get back. Significantly harder cop test.
3rd revoke: unable to do cop test for 30 days, costs 1m to get back. Harder cop test.
4th revoke: unable to do cop test for 60 days, costs 2m to get back. Extremely difficult cop test.

As cop test get more and more difficult, it would include more answers than usual (checkboxes even), and include double negatives / litotes (like "Check the options that don't apply to people are not wanted."). Also add the function (to all test takers) to only allow to do cop test if you are offline, and wasn't online during the cop test either. This will decrease cop test cheaters.

Another: make the cop test questions question-per-page. Cheaters would copy and paste the entire page, send it to their Skype / xfire buddy and they'll answer all questions. However this will at least try to deter them from doing so, by including 1 question at a time.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Marccc

And a higher score to be cop... around 500 or atleast 1 truck achievement done.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

Xero

Give them 60 seconds to answer each question, even 30 seconds

Strato

Quote from: Xero on November 04, 2011, 19:22
Give them 60 seconds to answer each question, even 30 seconds
+999999999999

that's the best thing.. the test for time :) a lot of ppl.. almost everyone is using the site answers by each question, so time test is a good idea for me.

Magri

big +1 for you!
is absolutely right that there are greater restrictions on police.
at 100 trucks mission can not drive good and end up making incredibly stupid incident ruining other players.
Put truck 300 mission to become a policeman, rookie avoid the control road when they do not even know to check themselves.

By revoking the license to pay more is right, not revoke it for good, there is an achievement to be done.

Partyroo

Quote from: $nake on November 04, 2011, 15:27
more specify:

Yeah that sounds good. Like Josh not entirely sure about the third, but then again if they've lost it 2 times before you'd think they would have learned.

Imgur   | Youtube | Skype
Always remember, never be afraid to ask.
[hide=My Favourite Clubs!]
S.A Lowriders
Universal Trucking
San Andreas Fuel Association
GTA Modders[/hide]
Move along, move along.