On and off the ferry

Started by mircea9892004, October 21, 2011, 16:05

mircea9892004

I'm suggesting adding a few rules about the ferry:

- stand behind the yellow lines at the queue (not with the nose on the edge)
- no moving whatsoever on the ferry while it's moving (except for the occasional break to counteract the natural forward movement of the trucks sitting on it)
- no cutting in front at the queue
- no exiting/pausing/using escape while on the ferry
- no blocking the roads while queuing (applies to LSIsland)
- no cutting in front of players while exiting the ferry (unless they are idle)

and - most importantly!!!!! -

PLAYERS QUEUING FOR THE FERRY MUST ALLOW PASSENGERS TO EXIT BEFORE GETTING ON IT (the bus rule)

And of course, as it is with any rule, appropriate punishments must be applied in case of breaking them. I for one am tired of anticipating mayhem whenever I know I have to take the ferry, or try to shove my way out of it when it reaches the land because a horde of noobs are storming the ferry from the second it stops, sometimes causing some players to miss the ride or even worse, fall between the ferry and the land, when it takes off.

I think we all need a little order, with these rules respected, a greater number of trucks can be handled with the ferry with no accidents and no one left behind.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

HeLiOn_PrImE

All the players know those rules. Even know if not all of them are in the official board, most of the people have figured out by now how the ferry works. Those who cause mayhem are probably some... uhm..."new guys". If they don't cooperate they can always be charged with "ramming/blocking".

Anyway this should act like a "heads up".
no animated signatures allowed

creamy1

Good idea. I would suggest (I know it shouldn't be necessary but) making the yellow barriers raise and lower when the ferry arrives.

Also make sure noobs know not to block/cut in front. I once waited 222 seconds at LS Island because someone was blocking the ferry intentionally.