Windows 7 and GTA San Andreas

Started by TheScaniaBoy, October 20, 2011, 12:12

TheScaniaBoy

Eey Guys. I have a new Lappie and i installed GTA San Andreas. My problem is, that the game doesn't start. I click on the Icon and i want and i wait and i wait, but nothing happens :((. Maybe anyone can help me :D I have installed it several times, but still the same Sh*t :X

Thanksie :D

Marccc

Rightclick mouse on icon -> Run as administrator. Thats helps me sometimes.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

~!!!~ Watch my Police cars collection in the link below ~!!!~

[hide=link]http://imgur.com/a/gaJTT[/hide]

TheScaniaBoy

Nopie, I have tried it around 10 times, but it didn't start :(
Maybe someone has an other idea ;)

Twizeler

run the game as windows XP than it wil work

Strato

i have win7 too and works perfect.. check if u have the correct version, drivers

Joshy

What graphics card is it? Sometimes Intel ones are a bitch with GTA...
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Viper

is it bought ?? and i got win7 and it perfect for me

[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

TheScaniaBoy

I'm trying to install Windows Vista on my Lappie, bcoz it worked fine there. I write you later if it works or not :)

Ethan

Are you installing from a disk, or one you downloaded from somewhere?
make sure to delete the gta.set in the san andreas user files after every new install you do because that file I think blocks it from loading somehow..
also you may want to try single player first. if you can play single player but not MP the you may have to instal SAMP again and not SA itself..
I would also recomend you get all the latest drivers for your video card, sound card(if you have one) and latest updates for your computer..
also would tell you to try to move the folder itself (the game folder) to a new directory, and put a "2" (without quotes) on it. that has helped me in the past and Im good so far.
one more thing, close any background programs you dont use when playing, those use resources on your computer
also, clear your internet cache, and all temp files you may have.

good luck and hope to see you ingame

TheScaniaBoy

OK, Ethan. I'm gonna try it out and hope u to see in game :)

Kyle

run as administrator will work or change the compatibility

TheScaniaBoy

Quote from: kyle on October 20, 2011, 20:46
run as administrator will work or change the compatibility
Tried several times, but nothing happened. I changed the compatibility to XP, Vista, 2000, 98, ME and 95, but still nothing happens :(

Joshy

Try renaming the 'GTA San Andreas' folder in Program Files to 'GTA San Andreas 2' and then try running it. Win7 apparently tries "fixing" it or something.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Strato

otherwise fuck everything out of ur current folder, create another folder called GTA SA on an other disc ( :C, :D ) and install everything to that folder, get the 1.0 GTA SA patch, install it, install MP and run it as an admin.

TheScaniaBoy

Eey Guys :D. I have installed a new graphic driver and the original GTA SA works now. But when i try to connect to our Server, SAMP starts the original GTA SA. Any tips?? :D