let's change sth

Started by $nake, September 19, 2011, 13:58

$nake

Quote from: Ian on September 21, 2011, 19:13
The reason cops camp in real life is because they have radars in their cars when go off when some one is speeding, they don't have that feature here so there should be no reason for them to camp its another forum of idling.
excately, thats why camping should be disallowed..

KaT37

ThomasKirkman

My 2 cents.

Weighing - "I NEVER Overload" to a trucker, is the same as "I am Innocent" to an Inmate.  Being weighed is part of driving a truck.  If you can't deal with being weighed, don't drive a truck.  It is part of the real world.  But you say, "This isn't RL".  Well then, why don't you just drive across the water in your flower covered bicycle pulling a trailer full of auto parts.  It is meant to represent RL.  If you want to take out weighing, then give the cops working radar so that we can catch speeders ANYWHERE.  Give us the ability to detain your vehicle while we check that your paperwork is in order and do safety inspections.  Or to even the score, you take out weighing for cops, take out arctic/Dumper missions from truckers.  What?  You say that isn't fair?  So what you ARE saying is that you want to take away from Cops jobs and give nothing in return.

Camping - This is nothing but another form of "You have to play the game my way or you're wrong."  I did this in RL.  You have no idea why cops camp in RL if you have never been one.  I use to park in spots of heavy speeding to slow traffic down.  We parked in different areas to catch speeders in high traffic areas trying to "Make good time" and remote areas where "Nobody will know".  We parked in spots to just take a break from constant driving but still be doing our jobs and catch up on some paperwork.  We were often told by the Sheriff, and more so now days not to drive as much to save fuel costs.  Cruising has its uses, yes, BUT so does parking in certain spots.  Different agencies have different priorities.  City Police go from call to call and have very little time to sit and do traffic.  State Troopers are primarily traffic and highway enforcement.  They park and cruise the highway.  And a County Deputy, what I was, have the ability to do both.  Mind you, this pertains to where I live.
As a trucker, you go from destination to destination.  As a cop, you don't.  You want us to drive all over the map looking for you.  Guess what?!??!  If I stay in one spot, YOU will drive by ME.  If you know that you are going to get fined when you drive by Bone County, you are less likely to incur large fines before you get there.  OR, you might decide to try to avoid that area entirely.  Thus as a driver, get this, you have to THINK a bit.  Therefore my presence there is serving a purpose.  Just because YOU don't like it, does not mean it is wrong.

ThomasKirkman

Argento

Quote from: ThomasKirkman on September 27, 2011, 21:23
My 2 cents.

Weighing - "I NEVER Overload" to a trucker, is the same as "I am Innocent" to an Inmate.  Being weighed is part of driving a truck.  If you can't deal with being weighed, don't drive a truck.  It is part of the real world.  But you say, "This isn't RL".  Well then, why don't you just drive across the water in your flower covered bicycle pulling a trailer full of auto parts.  It is meant to represent RL.  If you want to take out weighing, then give the cops working radar so that we can catch speeders ANYWHERE.  Give us the ability to detain your vehicle while we check that your paperwork is in order and do safety inspections.  Or to even the score, you take out weighing for cops, take out arctic/Dumper missions from truckers.  What?  You say that isn't fair?  So what you ARE saying is that you want to take away from Cops jobs and give nothing in return.

Camping - This is nothing but another form of "You have to play the game my way or you?re wrong."  I did this in RL.  You have no idea why cops camp in RL if you have never been one.  I use to park in spots of heavy speeding to slow traffic down.  We parked in different areas to catch speeders in high traffic areas trying to "Make good time" and remote areas where "Nobody will know".  We parked in spots to just take a break from constant driving but still be doing our jobs and catch up on some paperwork.  We were often told by the Sheriff, and more so now days not to drive as much to save fuel costs.  Cruising has its uses, yes, BUT so does parking in certain spots.  Different agencies have different priorities.  City Police go from call to call and have very little time to sit and do traffic.  State Troopers are primarily traffic and highway enforcement.  They park and cruise the highway.  And a County Deputy, what I was, have the ability to do both.  Mind you, this pertains to where I live.
As a trucker, you go from destination to destination.  As a cop, you don't.  You want us to drive all over the map looking for you.  Guess what?!??!  If I stay in one spot, YOU will drive by ME.  If you know that you are going to get fined when you drive by Bone County, you are less likely to incur large fines before you get there.  OR, you might decide to try to avoid that area entirely.  Thus as a driver, get this, you have to THINK a bit.  Therefore my presence there is serving a purpose.  Just because YOU don't like it, does not mean it is wrong.

ThomasKirkman

Excellent explanation dude, i agree in every word of it
Argento is an argentinian word for argentinian, ask any argentinian

Konali

Quote from: Argento on September 27, 2011, 21:32
My 2 cents.

Camping - This is nothing but another form of "You have to play the game my way or you?re wrong."  I did this in RL.  You have no idea why cops camp in RL if you have never been one.  I use to park in spots of heavy speeding to slow traffic down.  We parked in different areas to catch speeders in high traffic areas trying to "Make good time" and remote areas where "Nobody will know".  We parked in spots to just take a break from constant driving but still be doing our jobs and catch up on some paperwork.  We were often told by the Sheriff, and more so now days not to drive as much to save fuel costs.  Cruising has its uses, yes, BUT so does parking in certain spots.  Different agencies have different priorities.  City Police go from call to call and have very little time to sit and do traffic.  State Troopers are primarily traffic and highway enforcement.  They park and cruise the highway.  And a County Deputy, what I was, have the ability to do both.  Mind you, this pertains to where I live.

ThomasKirkman

Excellent explanation dude, i agree in every word of it

i agree to, very well said Thomas. a cookie for you :)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

HeLiOn_PrImE

My 2 cents.

Camping - This is nothing but another form of "You have to play the game my way or you're wrong."  I did this in RL.  You have no idea why cops camp in RL if you have never been one.  I use to park in spots of heavy speeding to slow traffic down.  We parked in different areas to catch speeders in high traffic areas trying to "Make good time" and remote areas where "Nobody will know".  We parked in spots to just take a break from constant driving but still be doing our jobs and catch up on some paperwork.  We were often told by the Sheriff, and more so now days not to drive as much to save fuel costs.  Cruising has its uses, yes, BUT so does parking in certain spots.  Different agencies have different priorities.  City Police go from call to call and have very little time to sit and do traffic.  State Troopers are primarily traffic and highway enforcement.  They park and cruise the highway.  And a County Deputy, what I was, have the ability to do both.  Mind you, this pertains to where I live.

ThomasKirkman

I think we can call it a day here, people. The server is balanced as it is. I don't weight truckers, unless I see strange behavior in his driving. To all the people who lost precious time, I do apologize for taking it, but I am just doing it by the rules. Being a lazy cop can lead to our badges being revoked. I personally don't want to pay 200 k for another one.
Cops are public enemy number one in real life driving. We all hate being forced to slow down our cars on fast lanes. Removing the weighting in CVT is taking away the one thing that annoys every trucker. Yeah you herd me. Paying fines is not annoying for you rich guys, who already have achievements completed, 4 slot houses, etc. This server is special in many ways, but the atmosphere is my favorite. Seeing a cop on my screen is like i getting a signal in real life from the incoming drivers about a speedtrap mounted ahead. You pass them by, hoping that they don't pull you over. This thing should never be removed.

I do think it's a good idea to forbid yourself from overloading, but I think it should be somehow limited, otherwise a lot of people will be using it, and those who want to overload will have a very much higher chance to get caught.

ThomasKirkman, you worked a lot on this comment and it's very well appreciated.
no animated signatures allowed

dave[UK]

yes i agree overloading is annoying but where is the fun in just driving a truck from a to b all the time plus police need work otherwise people will moan theres not enough work for police class

$nake

My 2 cents.

ThomasKirkman
ehh.. ure always right :o but overloading should be switchable, im keepin wantin it :)

mrtrlt

Thing is, this is a trucking server. It REALLLY ticks me off when players join - do exactly exatly exactly 100 Truck Loads. And then Only do cop work after that.. It's called Convoy Trucking. I'm not trying to have a go at cops, but just remember. This is a trucking server. If you only want to do cop work, why not go to a cops 'n' robbers server? ? ? ? :ukiddn:

NOTE: and if anyone has an argument over this please feel free to keep that argument to yourself -.-

Dr_dog

Quote from: $nake on September 21, 2011, 10:17
imagine:
50 missions x 10 secs (5 stop + 5 weight) = 500 secs (almost 10 mins of wasted time/day)
BULLSHIT
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

ThomasKirkman

Matt, you're right.  It is called Convoy "Trucking".  And the trucking industry has to follow a set of rules, highway laws and DOT laws.  And who makes sure these rules and laws are followed by our trustworthy truck drivers?  The police are.  SO . . .  Police are part of trucking.  They may not be a part that you like, but part of trucking none the less.  Without police, you might as well change the name to Convoy 'Free-for-all'. 
The police aspect is the ONLY reason I started to play this game.  So yes, I did 100 missions and got my Badge.  And I am closing on 203 hours of play and haven't looked back.  I enjoy doing police work in this game and I enjoy the CVT community.  There are a lot of really good people on this server and a lot of hard work and dedication involved in keeping it a dynamic and enjoyable venue.  Yet during my 203 hours of play, I have come to enjoy other aspects of this game as well.  But I am primarily still just a convoy cop in game and in heart.
Yet you are telling me that I am wrong for this.  I disagree.  This game appeals to different people for different reasons.  Just because the reasons are different than yours, does not mean they are wrong.  Are you next going to start telling the people that fly that they are wrong and should not play unless they drive trucks?  How about the Tow Truck drivers?  Chauffer's?  And with no Police, might as well get rid of the Thieves too.  There is a much larger cross section to look at than just "Trucks" in this game.  That is what makes it so great.

ThomasKirkman

HeLiOn_PrImE

And don't give us crap like: if you want to be cop, go on "this server" or "that server". If CVT allows cops we will be cops here, the end!!!
no animated signatures allowed

Shantta[RO]

I agree with everything ThomasKirkman said.

A MASSIVE +1

R16RACA

WTH do people have to keep bringing this issue of cops camping up?? It has been dealt with multiple times (here and here) before. Stop posting about it, it has already been decided, quite recently too, that camping is allowed. i dont support it, but it is official and i just have to deal with it. GROW UP AND MOVE ON.

[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]