Special Suggestion/Request/Appeal to Mick88

Started by mircea9892004, September 17, 2011, 18:12

mircea9892004

Hi

It's been a while since I played CVT and I missed it a great deal, and I'm still having a busy schedule but I might start playing a bit more often now. I've logged in-game today and felt real nostalgic about all the good times and fun I've had on the server and all that, and so I got to remember the various ways I used to have fun, among which there was my favorite activity: running from the cops in my Vortex :D

But I could only have been "Deliverator the Uncatcheble" for as long as the Vortex had Cruise Control (which made turning real quick) and gave the little machine some other special features, which all contributed to being "uncatcheble", and they all made up for the lack of speed that it has. All to the point where you removed the CC off the boats and my special little machine became (to quote an angry cop:) "some flying shit". And now I'm not so uncatcheble, so there's no fun in it..

So my special appeal is this: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE return the CC to the boats, there's no one that will use it to drive the boats on land, I haven't heard of or seen anyone ever try that, and even if they would, they could only go in straight line, so there's no use of it...so we wouldn't have boats on land or roads!! Or if it's possible, return CC to Vortex only, but if you have to return it to all boats, please know that I'm not the only one wishing to have CC on his Vortex again, and by this, I ask all the Vortex owners to back me up in this thread and ask Mick88 very nicely to take a few seconds of his time to edit some value in a file or something...turn a 0 into 1 or something like that...

A million thanks in advance and I'll owe you! :D
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Joshy

How about if vehicle (boat) Z goes over a certain threshold (let's say 5, above sea level), disable CC.

So this should give water CC back to all boats, but as Deliverator said; return the awesome CC feature in Vortex.

[hide=Joshy's story of when tried PAWN]
He moved the PWN instead of the compiled AMX to Filterscripts folder. Sat there for 30 minutes wondering why it failed to load...[/hide]
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mircea9892004

Wouldn't that threshold disable the Vortexs' CC as well, when it goes on land? CC is indeed needed on land more then on water, that's where you have to dodge the cars..

Joshy

Quote from: mircea9892004 on September 17, 2011, 22:32

Wouldn't that threshold disable the Vortexs' CC as well, when it goes on land? CC is indeed needed on land more then on water, that's where you have to dodge the cars..
I mean give water CC back to boats (not on land though), but then classify Vortex as a car / boat hybrid so it can use CC on land and water.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mircea9892004

Exactly!! That!! I thought the class of the Vortex was programmed into the client or something..anyway this stuff is out of my league but something has to be possible, like you said...hope mick will consider it, and I very much hope he is not going to reply "NO" and lock the topic..

HeLiOn_PrImE

so you are asking for a tool to give the cops a hard time. Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were in their place? This would be called another unfair advantage. You have all sorts of vehicles to choose. I get that you like being on the bad side, but let's put that away.

Don't make this harder than already is for the cops. They already have a hard time catching showoffs who drive fast cars, and have to put up with insults from half the server. That would cause people to spit in their face even more.
no animated signatures allowed

mircea9892004

That would all be true, except cops are NOT in a difficult position. It's not like somebody's making them to work as a cop, it's their choice and they can just as well chose any other class to play on the server. But if you choose to be a cop, you commit to put up with whatever "lies ahead' , and fast cars drivers and me with a CC vortex are not ALL the suspects, they can always go chase the guy in a perenial, if you catch my drift.
So me, as an individual, I don't care, I want the CC for myself, not to give cops a hard time, who after all, they themselves give a harder time to other players by blocking, weighting and so on..

HeLiOn_PrImE

Blocking? maybe the noobs who deserve their badge taken. Weighting is part of the job, we don't weigh people to give them hard time.

Speaking of the CC. Everyday I see showoffs who drive fast cars and post on chat things like "come on, pigs, catch me!!". Regardless of your needs, you are asking for making a vehicle extremely hard to catch. There are already tones of vehicles to chose for entering a chase.

So in the name of the cops, I say a big -1 for this.

Here's another reason: In real life, those vehicles don't have CC. I get that this is a game, but convoy trucking is based on real life. So again: -1.

Don't do this, Mick, please!!

mircea9892004

Quoteyou are asking for making a vehicle extremely hard to catch

Man what is your problem exactly? Did I come into your threads telling you what you are doing? That's not what I'm asking for, I'm asking to make a vehicle extremely FUN for ME, I don't care if the cops can catch me or not (which by-the-way, they actually HAVE on a few ocasions), it's not like there are rules against vehicles that make a cop's job hard, infernus has 302 km/h top speed, Vortex would have sharp turn in this case, life goes on. So don't tell me what I'm asking for, you don't know me. This appeal is towards mick88, and unless this would make your job impossible which is not, since you can always go chase some other suspect in a faggio (if that's not too hard for you), please - Stay out of it!!

HeLiOn_PrImE

this action doesn't affect only you, it affects all the players, so I am free to express myself. I have nothing against you.

KaT37

Quote from: mircea9892004 on September 20, 2011, 09:35
if you catch my drift.

ok! ur tough huh ? challenge the dreeft kitty ;) this street ghost will beat the shit out of u in a drift pursuit :P

HeLiOn_PrImE

I think drift was a metaphor....but...whatever...

mircea9892004

Helion you've got loose fingers, you type too much.

Kat37, what drift pursuit are you talking about exactly? :P  Suppose I wanna challenge the "dreeft kitty" 8)

Edit: anyway that's another thread, please start one in general talk or send me a message about it, I want this to remain about the CC to properly address it to mick88.

So I'd thank everyone in advance to refrain from just "dropping in" with whatever comes through their mind.

Spekter

I still dont get cops that give a flying f*** about vortex suspects. Running in a vortex is pretty low, if you ask me.

mircea9892004

You obviously can't read. I asked you all to refrain from posting whatever comes through your mind, especially something that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to ask mick88 for. And no, I didn't ask you sveki, nobody asked you anythin.

Thanks fo nothing.

Spekter

QuoteAnd no, I didn't ask you sveki, nobody asked you anythin.

I really dont care.

mircea9892004

Just typing a message here to put this back on the first page...still waiting......

Nagy_Sanyi

By Mick:
"All threads are read by me, but I will reply only to few of them if needed. Ultimately it's up to me whether new features will be added or not."

mircea9892004

Got it, thank you mail man, I could never have known that without your quote!! Mick trained you well!

is it soooo hard for everyone to just refrain from posting on it?? my question was towards mick, not the hole truckpark here, and I'm actually waiting on him, and NO, I couldn't send him a private message, that would be inappropriate.

So kindly fuck off

HeLiOn_PrImE

No dude, the inappropriate thing is mick taking decisions based on what some player thinks (in this case, you), instead of what's best for all of us. People have every right to post here, because every change made on this server affects all the people playing on it. So yeah, they do have the right to interfere if they disagree with you.

I mean no disrespect to you or mick or anyone else, and again I am sorry to barge in like this. If he decides what you want, then good for you. I will live with it. But you don't get to deny other player's rights, especially the freedom to express ourselves.

So I am asking you kindly. Please refrain from telling us to "fuck off". That's just rude.

Anri

basically mick turned u from ''Deliverator the Uncatcheble'' into ''Deliverator the Catcheble'' .... cmon dude only for an ''UN'' ??? ?
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

mircea9892004

lol...not as much for the UN as for the fun that UN brings me..

and Helion, I agree with you, but no one (you included) has brought a valid principle or argument to this. All everyone said so far is "why do you want it?" and stuff like that... some actually posted idiotic things like "I don't care if you asked me".
So you wanna argue? Argue!! Propertly, that is! weigh in, say why and why not it would be good to have CC on vortex (or if it would be the only way: boats), say how it would affect you, how you would enjoy it... and complaining that I would become too "uncatchable" for cops is childish...can't catch me? don't! go after another suspect...your cop achievement does not hang on catching me.

And rude is to just interfere in this thread with no valid point of view, just to.... be a part of it.

HeLiOn_PrImE

Basically no one agrees with someone being uncatchable. OK I'm finished here.

Deff

Quote from: mircea9892004 on October 10, 2011, 19:22
my question was towards mick, not the hole truckpark her.............
..............So kindly fuck off

Use admin inbox for that if you dont wanna listen to others opinion, or just lock it, no one will bother to see it.
This section is meant for everyone to give their opinions.

And this suggestion if added, can be abused.

mircea9892004

QuoteAnd this suggestion if added, can be abused.

I see CC being used with all sorts of vehicle to enhance their speed and so on...I don't see that being an abuse.

Quote[/size]Basically no one agrees with someone being uncatchable. OK I'm finished here.

I'm glad you're finished, but for the record, "being uncatchable" is a misappropriation, mainly started by me as a taunt towards the cops, but if we talk facts, I was always catchable, even driving that Vortex on water or land, someone always caught me in ways that (for my own safety) I will not reveal. Basically, with a little persistence, anyone could catch me. So your point is useless, no one needs to agree with someone being uncatchable because there would be no such thing.

Nagy_Sanyi

Quote from: mircea9892004 on October 10, 2011, 19:22
Got it, thank you mail man, I could never have known that without your quote!! Mick trained you well!

is it soooo hard for everyone to just refrain from posting on it?? my question was towards mick, not the hole truckpark here, and I'm actually waiting on him, and NO, I couldn't send him a private message, that would be inappropriate.

So kindly fuck off

Ok if you knew it then why the fuck did you resurrect this topic?Just because Mick did not post here does not mean he never read this topic.So you fuck off sir if you cant realise simple sentences

mircea9892004

I have observed very little activity from mick on this server/forum and so yes, I believe he didn't get a chance to read my topic. And before you tell me to fuck off because I don't realize simple sentences, you should learn how to spell "don't". and "realize".

Deff

Quote from: mircea9892004 on October 12, 2011, 21:49
you should learn how to spell "don't". and "realize".

-.-
How are you sure that thats the incorrect spelling? Have you learnt english of all countries?
All countries have different english languages. German english differs from british english which differs from American English.
So therfore like this english differs in various countries. Some countries use mixture of english spoken in other countries.

So just for your information, before telling someone to learn spelling of english words, learn different spellings of same word used by different countries.

"Wanna" is no word in british English, whereas its in American English.
Some countries have "Advertise" as a word while some have "Advertize"

Similarly "realise" is a word too, just like "realize".

Coming to topic:
Quote from: mircea9892004 on October 11, 2011, 13:48

I see CC being used with all sorts of vehicle to enhance their speed and so on...I don't see that being an abuse.

Land vehicles moving in land is not an abuse of /cc.
Water vehicles moving in land is an abuse of /cc.

PS: btw you need to learn something, i.e., quoting posts ;) 8)

mrtrlt

Quote from: Deff on October 12, 2011, 22:06
you should learn how to spell "don't". and "realize".

-.-
How are you sure that thats the incorrect spelling? Have you learnt english of all countries?
All countries have different english languages. German english differs from british english which differs from American English.
So therfore like this english differs in various countries. Some countries use mixture of english spoken in other countries.

So just for your information, before telling someone to learn spelling of english words, learn different spellings of same word used by different countries.

"Wanna" is no word in british English, whereas its in American English.
Some countries have "Advertise" as a word while some have "Advertize"

Similarly "realise" is a word too, just like "realize".

Coming to topic:
Quote from: mircea9892004 on October 11, 2011, 13:48

Land vehicles moving in land is not an abuse of /cc.
Water vehicles moving in land is an abuse of /cc.

PS: btw you need to learn something, i.e., quoting posts ;) 8)

Yeah about the language think. Your right. You cant always expect people to speak identically to yourself

Nagy_Sanyi

I have observed very little activity from mick on this server/forum and so yes, I believe he didn't get a chance to read my topic. And before you tell me to fuck off because I don't realize simple sentences, you should learn how to spell "don't". and "realize".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/realise

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080228142552AA94ZLR

Now i hope i made you shut your damn mouth

mircea9892004

I'm glad you shut my damn mouth with the realise/realize dispute, but to get back to the topic, CC is an abuse for water vehicles on land, but Vortex is a both water and land vehicle, so when driving on land it becomes a land vehicle, and using CC is not an abuse... so driving on the water, it becomes a boat, and CC would also not be an abuse, because as soon as I get on land, it becomes a land vehicle again so again, no abuse.

And besides, no-one was complaining about the vortex's CC abuse when it was enabled, but now suddenly it would be inappropriate to have it? When mick disabled CC on boats, it was probably because some people drove boats on land using CC, but Vortex, (in the substructure of the game, in which I am no expert), is probably classified as a BOAT, and so CC was removed from it too, hence my actual appeal to mick, to restore it only to the Vortex.

badboi787

Stop being fucking rude to everyone and learn some fucking respect.

Google+||Steam||Facebook||Youtube
Goodbye DeHavilland, you will be greatly missed by me and all of the CT community.
I am from North London. (England)
Quote from: Zeljko ConvoyMi no saying money and nickname and ip NO my ist may Frend say money NO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY unban me pls ist no nickname and IP may Frend ist nickname and IP

Xero

Can a mod or admin lock this topic, people are starting to flame.

mircea9892004

sometimes I forget how young people are here, seems like my efforts to treat everyone as if there's no age difference is in vain, I might as well try to teach a monkey how to drive a truck in CVT

(f.y.i. that's disrespect)

HeLiOn_PrImE

I said that I was done here, but let me say this (sorry it still arrives in my post replies):
Judging from the activity here, I am sure mick has already seen this topic. So this message is for him:
Dude, for God's sake post your Yes or No and call it a day!!!!

Deff

He has already said it here:

Quote from: mick88Remember: "suggestions" means suggestions. This board is not for posting requests or demands. All threads are read by me, but I will reply only to few of them if needed.

Since we know this thread is a "Request" so i think you know the reason now..