To Become more realistic just like real truckers.

Started by UncleDrew, March 14, 2016, 12:56

UncleDrew

Hello Ct. So here are my Ideas to Become Realistic when comes to Trucking.
1.Shift Gears,  coz  I don't see truckers in real life the don't shift there gears.
2.Oppening the Artic 1 and 3 Back doors ( if possible to do then no if it is not) to load some goods in.
3.Stop at Red lights, because truckers in real life stops at all the red lights and go when the light is green.
So that's all and if u think u like some then support it
THANK YOU!#!@$  :like:  :like:  :like:  :like:  :like:

CarlJohnson

1. Pretty useless since GTA SA has its own engine which actually shifts gear, if you're talking about having a script with the help of which you can directly shifts gears, I don't think its even possible.
2. Not possible.
3. Seems useless there aren't any pedestrians anyway so the roads are as it empty. I see some possibilities though like using CreateActor() we can have pedestrians on the road.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Shock

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 14, 2016, 13:29

3. Seems useless there aren't any pedestrians anyway so the roads are as it empty. I see some possibilities though like using CreateActor() we can have pedestrians on the road.
maybe when the NPC thing happens it could be implented
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Metzi

We value your ideas Muffin :D it would be nice to have gears, pretty realistic but GTA SA works with automatic gears. Anyway, I thought of a forklift work, like the singleplayer mission. You get a box with the fork and you lift it (for example in Ocean Docks and you deliver it to a main warehouse, more or less like Trash and Petrol missions work). What I don't know is if that could be possible.

Ari

Quote from: Gen.McMuffin$ on March 14, 2016, 12:56
3.Stop at Red lights, because truckers in real life stops at all the red lights and go when the light is green.
Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 14, 2016, 13:29

I believe that this also refers to the third.

Matias

1. Useless, not even possible without setting player speeds, it would be alot of code. Also i think we have used all the key binds allowed to be used in a server, we wouldn't be able to change gears.
2. Not possible.
3. Lights in samp are not synced.

Quotary

Quote from: Matias on March 14, 2016, 18:41
1. Useless, not even possible without setting player speeds, it would be alot of code. Also i think we have used all the key binds allowed to be used in a server, we wouldn't be able to change gears.
2. Not possible.
Lights are synced since SA:MP 0.3a.
OT: This isn't as much as a roleplay server, so no thanks.

Matias

Quote from: Quotary on March 15, 2016, 15:41
Quote from: Matias on March 14, 2016, 18:41
2. Not possible.
Lights are synced since SA:MP 0.3a.
OT: This isn't as much as a roleplay server, so no thanks.

Thats what i thought so, but some testings last year proved it doesn't always get sync, some players can see it green, and others red.

Ethan

Quote from: Gen.McMuffin$ on March 14, 2016, 12:56
1.Shift Gears,  coz  I don't see truckers in real life the don't shift there gears.
2.Oppening the Artic 1 and 3 Back doors ( if possible to do then no if it is not) to load some goods in.
1. theres a manual transmission cleo script, I think, if you really need to roleplay it
2. not possible in San Andreas
3. you want to stop at red lights, you go ahead.