News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Mouse issue

Started by Shock, January 16, 2016, 17:31

Shock

So i managed to pull out the wraping cord out of the part that connects to my mouse any idea on how to fix it or atleast secure it so it dosen't snap totaly

http://m.imgur.com/lRu6fe5
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

StarFish

Try to cover it with plastic (you can make a cylinder cover from a small piece of plastic with glue - can be done easily, no extra Einstein-knowledge needed). But I recommend using wireless mouse next time.  O0
URMJK420

Hobo

Just put some decent tape over it and it'll be fine.

Quote from: StarFish on January 16, 2016, 18:55
But I recommend using wireless mouse next time.
Yes do this so you can replace the batteries all the time and have it die when you're in the middle of something. :like: :ccmas:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

StarFish

Quote from: Hobo on January 16, 2016, 18:59
Just put some decent tape over it and it'll be fine.

Quote from: StarFish on January 16, 2016, 18:55
But I recommend using wireless mouse next time.
Yes do this so you can replace the batteries all the time and have it die when you're in the middle of something. :like: :ccmas:
use Duracell, not cheap wooden batteries xD  :like:
P.S.: I don't use wireless mouse so...xD
URMJK420

Ethan

Just find a cheap wireless mouse that you can turn on/off whenn you need to.. Have had a wireless mouse for past 9 years..not the same one but point made.

Shock

Quote from: Ethan on January 16, 2016, 20:15
Just find a cheap wireless mouse that you can turn on/off whenn you need to.. Have had a wireless mouse for past 9 years..not the same one but point made.

Thats a sharkoon fireglider its a nice mouse and not that cheap in croatia atleast and i dont want to spend another 75$ on another mouse while this is working fine just want to protect it
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

TheSandman

Like hobo said, tape.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Shock

There is not enough plastic on the one side for the tape to hold on. idk im thinking of getting heat shrinking plastic and try it with that

Eurobeat

Pull the cord cover back to the mouse and superglue it back, I don't think tape or heat shrink will help if the mouse falls or something and hangs by the cord - all the force will be on the small wires and not on the cord itself cover so it might snap them

Shock

the cords are wraped like with shoe laces that kind of material and i dont know how to pull it back without snaping it

Joshy

Quote from: Shockwave. on January 17, 2016, 15:04
the cords are wraped like with shoe laces that kind of material and i dont know how to pull it back without snaping it
It's called a braided cable.

Try taking it apart and see if you can pull enough of the cable back into the mouse so that the hole is gripping onto the braided part of the cable maybe? http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4864/sharkoon_darkglider_laser_gaming_mouse_review/index6.html
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

CarlJohnson

Just open the mouse with a screwdriver, put back the cable in the right place, add something like MSeal or any adhesive to make it stays in its place and then assemble the mouse back.

You're done  :like:

I don't recommend doing this if you don't know how to assemble it back.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Shock

Ill try that thanks :)