Show the date too

Started by StarFish, June 26, 2015, 13:52

StarFish

Hi all, I think it would be a nice improvement if you can see the date too on the screen when playing, next to the time (if you enable the on-screen clock in preferences). This should apply for /time command too. You may think this suggestion is pointless, but it can be useful when you suddenly forget the date and want to check it - so this would be the fastest method to see it. I rather won't mention situations when you play drunk or you have hangover and you can't remember the date, and if you are lazy to stand up from PC to check it in calendar or mobile phone. And finally, Counter Strike servers and some GTA SA-MP servers allow this function too so why not to add it to this server too. It can also improve the server's perfection. :P Post your ideas.  ;)
URMJK420

sardarji

I dont think its really needed, -1 from me. You can minimize your game and check the date.

Hobo

Why. For the 4 years that I've been here, I've never needed to check the date in-game. If you need to check the date so badly, look at your phone.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Matias

lol this is even worse than the guy asking for a /wb shortcut

/facepalm
:cereal:

StarFish

Yep, I've been waiting for these replies, everything is as I expected. But guys, look at the server, wouldn't it look better if there was the date shown at the top of the screen? It's a simple logic: there is time, so why not to add date, these two fit together. :o And it's a detail, even I could script it if you tell me the basic guide of scripting. :)) It's not about the past, it's about the future and it's always appreciated by players if new features are added.  :P
URMJK420