[GTA:SA] Improved Vehicle Lights +ELM!

Started by R3public[PL], December 14, 2014, 13:01

nyolc8

I found siren memory addresses (sound, light, corona, types,colors, etc) or something but I just can't understand anything from it yet lol: http://gtaforums.com/topic/194199-documenting-gta-sa-memory-adresses/page-25#entry1057371157

This is what I would need:
Quote0x6ABA60 : call DrawSirenParticle (NOP to disable sirens appearing)
But I have no idea how to "NOP" this... :|

Dobby

A certain mod the staff team hates deals with NOP.

I wont post the source, or discuss it any further though.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

nyolc8

original emergency lights removed (both corona + pointlight)! There are some code-gods at gtaforums... :D

So to sum up how it will be...

G - main/roof emergency lights
H - only siren sound (if enabled, siren lights appear for others in SAMP)
J - strob lights
K - advisor lights

If sound enabled, a speaker icon shows up on the status display (that car thing on the screen I showed in the video)

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on December 31, 2014, 23:17
original emergency lights removed (both corona + pointlight)! There are some code-gods at gtaforums... :D

So to sum up how it will be...

G - main/roof emergency lights
H - only siren sound (if enabled, siren lights appear for others in SAMP)
J - strob lights
K - advisor lights

If sound enabled, a speaker icon shows up on the status display (that car thing on the screen I showed in the video)

:D So for us the default emergency lights will be invisible but for others it will show (because they may not have the mod installed)... Correct? You really are goddamn good Nyclo8. So how will we be able to config the lights to vehicles with coordinates in the INI file?

nyolc8

Yes, exactly. :)

I'll write a readme for ini file editing.

edit: well, siren still makes a strange yellowish light for the car which produces an extra shadow but the light only visible from some view angles and somehow related to the lampposts lights... very strange.

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on January 01, 2015, 00:11
Yes, exactly. :)

I'll write a readme for ini file editing.

edit: well, siren still makes a strange yellowish light for the car which produces an extra shadow but the light only visible from some view angles and somehow related to the lampposts lights... very strange.

Ah good :D a yellow light? How do you mean just an overall yellowish glow or an actual light corona?

nyolc8

Tested it for hours, and:
ths original siren pointlight is just one light and the color of it getting changed from red to blue and back. So not two different pointlight for the two color.
With the solution I got from gtaforums, only this two (red/blue) color getting NOP-ed but the pointlight itself stays there with no color defined. This causes visual glitches and also the light shadow getting draw under the car even if the light itself is not visible. So I would need to NOP the pointlight itself and not just it's colors. But I have no idea how...

BeastyBill88

So its pretty much behaving like when you disable the texture and you get the light reflections still. Hmmm was there not a memory address for the pointlight in that topic?

Like I said I'm no good at scripting, but I was wondering if this will help? It refers to car lights

http://gtaforums.com/topic/194199-documenting-gta-sa-memory-adresses/page-27#entry1057579065

nyolc8

The solution I got, is removed the light too, not just the corona... but it actually not removed the light, but somehow NOP-ed/glitched the "reaction" of the car surface for pointlights. And this made the whole thing bugged. So the car surface acted strangely for all lamp post light and traffic light and everything.

The thing you linked is only for headlight switch. But thanks anyway:)

While I stopped on this part, I improved the onscreen thing and now it shows if normal siren sound played or the second "holding horn" siren sound played.

BeastyBill88

Hmmm that is strange. Maybe you have to NOP the reflections of certain lights too.

Oh was it? Never mind then, no problems :)

Oh very nice, how is it displayed on screen? Could you post some pictures or a video of it working? If you can that is.

nyolc8

I need to NOP the siren pointlight creation. But no idea where is it.

Here's how the status icon looks (smaller sound wave for normal siren, bigger for holding H):

edit: there is still hope to block original pointlight, I got response on gtaforums again from the same guy, he said he will look into it.

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on January 01, 2015, 19:41
I need to NOP the siren pointlight creation. But no idea where is it.

Here's how the status icon looks (smaller sound wave for normal siren, bigger for holding H):

edit: there is still hope to block original pointlight, I got response on gtaforums again from the same guy, he said he will look into it.

Thanks :) that looks brilliant, so neat and not taking up alot of space. Were the numbers for the different light patterns? I think I might have missed that from an earlier video.

That's great :D hopefully he will be able to help you with the yellowish light.

nyolc8

Thanks, yes the numbers are the patterns for the advisor. I really hope I get help for that light... :)

BeastyBill88

Quote from: nyolc8 on January 01, 2015, 23:58
Thanks, yes the numbers are the patterns for the advisor. I really hope I get help for that light... :)

Ah I thought so :D hopefully you do because this will be a great addition to your other mods and scripts.

nyolc8

current state about the original emergency lights:
-coronas removed without any problem
-additional shadow removed without any problem
-red/blue pointlight from car removed but also lost ALL pointlight from vehicle... (so this is not good) stupid game lol