new sa-mp client? (0.3z)

Started by zola0311, January 21, 2014, 09:50

zola0311

first: sorry if i posted this in wrong topic.

second: I found it: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=487997

but the sa-mp.com not show the 0.3z client, only show the 0.3x and older clients.

Dobby

That's because its a release candidate. It's released to the public so they can test it, and find bugs there may be. I don't see us moving to it, until it appears on the downloads page, both as a client and a samp-server.exe.

As far as i've figured out, its just improved gun sync (not having to lag shoot), the only "real" update i kinda like the sound of is messageholelimit which from what i've seen/read it has something to do with packets (when you connect/move you send data packets). You can limit packets sent per player.

Edit:

Quote from: Kalcor
It's a low level protocol (RakNet) thing that was recently used to attack SA-MP servers.

Basically the client/player send a bunch of faked packet sequence IDs making the server think lots of packets/messages went missing on the internet due to packet loss.

The protocol stack will attempt to recover the missing packets by allocating space and waiting for the client to resend the missing packets. This uses a large amount of resources, and done over and over would eventually lag or even crash the server.

There were no hard limits on the number of missing messages the player could report. Each missing block of packets is considered to be a 'hole'. There was an attempt to fix this problem in 0.3x R2, although the limit was hardcoded to 1000 and sometimes players would falsely be detected as trying to DoS the server for having large message holes.

The server can now specify how big the missing packet hole is. But in most cases the default limit should be fine and most server owners won't have to worry about it.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=488060&page=2

This is unfortunately the only decent thing in 0.3z. I kind of hoped for better functions :(
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

DeHavilland

[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]