Convoy Trucking, the future, you.

Started by Lindsey, October 26, 2013, 03:45

Hobo

The real problem with CT is that the shoebox is gone.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Konali

Quote from: Hobo on December 21, 2013, 00:33

I guess it will be back soon, i admit i was one of the persons that also caused it to be disabled. I openly discussed OP's case there when he just didnt understand :D

:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Rubber

Quote from: Konali on December 21, 2013, 00:22
It was never CVT , idk where that came from, $nake perhaps :)

@ fatalframe
Yes you can report staff, and if you raport is valid something can/will be done.

Kenworth was temp demoted not for cheats
RaceRX96 was warned not for cheats
Lindsey was warned also not for cheats
more recently,
Brane was temp demoted for bad staff behaviour
Dobby was verbally warned after wrongfully placed comments.

So please dont gimme the bullshit nothing will be done. Its the way you want to see it, it is far from that.

Also, i think staff has had enough attention in this topic, and i dont see any constructive posts anymore. So hereby the staff subject was discussed properly and long enough. Staff is here voluntary and they do not deserve all these accusations based on wrong intel or without proof.
you can still discuss other subjects in this topic, but the staff team had the chance to reply here, and so did the community to.

Now i dont think, people that say the host cannot be changed know what is going on.
Yes mick is very busy with other things, but once the current host runs out of funds, or gets closed down and mick has some free time. Who knows. But it is important to know that it would make no sense to throw alot of funds away right now.

As stated above, if you have good suggestions, suggest them. I still agree with lindsey that to many suggestions still get locked based on a simple statement in thedo nto suggest list. Sometimes the topic gets locked after 20 minutes. Even if the suggested thing is on the list, discussions will lead to new ideas. so please for the love of god. Stop locking everything so fast. For an example, i was really interested in the harry park goldway thinghy, i even tried some mapping options and when i wanted to post my results, it was locked. so yea you cant suggest mappings, but if its found usefulle and needed, dont lock it based on some stupid sentence in the do not post list.

As you might have noticed it annoys me :D hahaha. I could offcourse re open it, but untill i have my project in beta phase ready i dont know what could be added, but none the less it  is a very usefull and good suggestion and wouldnt have been locked in the first place.

I understand where you come from completely with your reply Konali, and I didn't know about a lot of those staff warnings....that's the problem. To be honest, shouldn't the community know these things? I feel like there are a lot of things that go un-noticed by the community and maybe some confusion would be lifted if they were let in on the happenings. Maybe I haven't been following the forum close enough, but I had no idea half of those on the list were reprimanded...even when I was a moderator. Sorry for keeping it on staff topic, but I just feel like things have to be said.

It terms of the topic locking, I do agree with you completely Konali. It seems topics get locked for really dumb reasons. So what if a topic goes a little off-topic...who really gives a damn? I can understand if it is exploding into a flame war or a country vs. country war, but if someone just posted something funny? I mean come on...have a sense of humor and don't be so butthurt about it. I personally like when some topics go a little off-topic...they can lead to some pretty funny things.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents that may or may not get me warned, but I don't really care. I think staff has a big influence on the community, whether they notice it or not. I am here for the community, not so much the game, and figured I would state my opinions.

Konali

Quote from: Rubber on December 21, 2013, 00:43
Quote from: Konali on December 21, 2013, 00:22
It was never CVT , idk where that came from, $nake perhaps :)

@ fatalframe
Yes you can report staff, and if you raport is valid something can/will be done.

Kenworth was temp demoted not for cheats
RaceRX96 was warned not for cheats
Lindsey was warned also not for cheats
more recently,
Brane was temp demoted for bad staff behaviour
Dobby was verbally warned after wrongfully placed comments.

So please dont gimme the bullshit nothing will be done. Its the way you want to see it, it is far from that.

Also, i think staff has had enough attention in this topic, and i dont see any constructive posts anymore. So hereby the staff subject was discussed properly and long enough. Staff is here voluntary and they do not deserve all these accusations based on wrong intel or without proof.
you can still discuss other subjects in this topic, but the staff team had the chance to reply here, and so did the community to.

Now i dont think, people that say the host cannot be changed know what is going on.
Yes mick is very busy with other things, but once the current host runs out of funds, or gets closed down and mick has some free time. Who knows. But it is important to know that it would make no sense to throw alot of funds away right now.

As stated above, if you have good suggestions, suggest them. I still agree with lindsey that to many suggestions still get locked based on a simple statement in thedo nto suggest list. Sometimes the topic gets locked after 20 minutes. Even if the suggested thing is on the list, discussions will lead to new ideas. so please for the love of god. Stop locking everything so fast. For an example, i was really interested in the harry park goldway thinghy, i even tried some mapping options and when i wanted to post my results, it was locked. so yea you cant suggest mappings, but if its found usefulle and needed, dont lock it based on some stupid sentence in the do not post list.

As you might have noticed it annoys me :D hahaha. I could offcourse re open it, but untill i have my project in beta phase ready i dont know what could be added, but none the less it  is a very usefull and good suggestion and wouldnt have been locked in the first place.

I understand where you come from completely with your reply Konali, and I didn't know about a lot of those staff warnings....that's the problem. To be honest, shouldn't the community know these things? I feel like there are a lot of things that go un-noticed by the community and maybe some confusion would be lifted if they were let in on the happenings. Maybe I haven't been following the forum close enough, but I had no idea half of those on the list were reprimanded...even when I was a moderator. Sorry for keeping it on staff topic, but I just feel like things have to be said.

It terms of the topic locking, I do agree with you completely Konali. It seems topics get locked for really dumb reasons. So what if a topic goes a little off-topic...who really gives a damn? I can understand if it is exploding into a flame war or a country vs. country war, but if someone just posted something funny? I mean come on...have a sense of humor and don't be so butthurt about it. I personally like when some topics go a little off-topic...they can lead to some pretty funny things.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents that may or may not get me warned, but I don't really care. I think staff has a big influence on the community, whether they notice it or not. I am here for the community, not so much the game, and figured I would state my opinions.

Your reply was constructive and helpfull, then its perfectly ok man:P
It just bothers me, that for over an month now, staff uses one guideline topic to fallback on, one set of rules, and these inactive players dont know that, because well as i said, they are inactive:D. People need something to put the blaim on, and yes we make mistakes, but we also fix them. You dont see us staff, making topic like, HA he got warned again. We dont do that. And there are community members that do put the blaim on the staff team, where they have done mostly the same stuff ingame like other old / demoted staff members did. It is like you said it, there are many things not public. Not because we want to, but there are many things that cant be made public.

recently we had the discussion whether to publish the guidelines set for staff or not. But doing so would automaticly mean, there will be more loopholes and complaints that we have right now, is that worth it for those that do this on a voluntary basis, i dont think so.

All staff reprimandes above are kept secret/ hidden simply because we feel its up to the staff member himself to explain what he has done wrong. If he can explain what he has done wrong himself, he will not do it again. If we make an anouncement topic to cover up for the mistakes he or she made, he doesnt really learn much from it because he or she is not the one that has to come out and explain things:).

Another example, for the past 5 months we had multiple staff members with really hardcore illnesses and or family issues. I dont think that we are the right persons to inform the community. the person can choose himself to do so.

So idk, maybe we should put things public , but alot of things would really have to come from the person himself i feel. But thats my opinion:)

Thanks for your feedback rubber, much appreciated.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

TheGame

Can we also talk about other stuff then staff members?  ::)
If so, well .. I'd love to get car trading back and I explained many times how to solve the ''scam/abuse'' problem.
Well, I do it one more time:
If someone wants to sell his vehicle he can put it on sale with a command like /forsale. He can ask 25 percent more than dealership price and can sell it for 50 percent less than the dealership price. Also if he doesn't like that, he can /sellcar the vehicle for the price which is given. This is a way to stop the ''scam/abuse'' problem and trust me this works even better than a using a banana slice to let someone fall over it.  :)
Don't say this is not a suggestion board because Dobby also made a topic about a fuel suggestion in general talk so why this shouldn't be allowed.
Thanks and I hope NOW finally someone replies to it with a constructive feedback.

Boy

Merry X-mas guys!!
see ya in 2014 best wishes :D  :winkcmas:

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

DeHavilland

I will just thank you all for the new update! I really enjoyed reading that Helicopter missions are now re-made and more thief unloads! Awesome work guys. Also is it only me or has the forum a background? :D
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Hobo

Quote from: Konali on December 21, 2013, 00:38
Quote from: Hobo on December 21, 2013, 00:33
I guess it will be back soon, i admit i was one of the persons that also caused it to be disabled. I openly discussed OP's case there when he just didnt understand :D
Day 3: Shoutbox is still kidnapped by the red men. :dislike:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

$nake

That girl has a point of view for future, but still more and more Convoyers become the trollers. Maybe get an example: where are the convoys in the full meaning of word? Even if I'm not playing so often (rather almost never) and I came to see what's new on xmas, all I see is "some" people trolling around (still probly didn't see many of them) and convoys "full" of truckers (like 1-2-3 max), I saw my dump-convoy was the biggest for next 2 hours. I'm suprised that CONVOY Trucking becomes Freeroy Trolling, and these who were great players before became weirdly trollers in unexpected way. I hope that people won't see the Easy Cash on the others and waiting for new occassion to make someone trouble by provoking. I know, Lindsey hates the comparing the New Convoy Trucking to this 2010/11 Old one's, But take a look, we can hide and stay gray players or do something with that, maybe bring more professional fun, not the trolling of kids who associate Internet by "idiotic jokes" or more idiotic memes.

Hobo

Quote from: $nake on December 22, 2013, 23:16
#Hoboforasslicker2013
plz. Show me where I licked ass.

You're just mad that I reminded people in-game about who you really are.
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,36206.msg203646.html#msg203646

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

$nake

Quote from: Hobo on December 22, 2013, 23:29
#Hoboforasslicker2013

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,36206.msg203646.html#msg203646
1. I'm not here to show you anything, just don't be an asshole and don't pretend being innocent.
2. Who you are to remind people in-game what isn't about you, it was between me and Konali.
3. I know what do you want to do, maybe show others how the real Hobo acts, be always same.
4. It's not a place for arguing, starting any word-fight isn't needed, I just won't reply on your fakes anymore.

Hobo

Quote from: $nake on December 22, 2013, 23:39
Quote from: Hobo on December 22, 2013, 23:29
#Hoboforasslicker2013
1. I'm not here to show you anything, just don't be an asshole and don't pretend being innocent.
2. Who you are to remind people in-game what isn't about you, it was between me and Konali.
3. I know what do you want to do, maybe show others how the real Hobo acts, be always same.
4. It's not a place for arguing, starting any word-fight isn't needed, I just won't reply on your fakes anymore.
1. plz no insult my
2. It was a public incident and you made it that way
3. I don't want to be staff, that's why I resigned? I don't even play that much now.
4. Then don't start a fight?

#Hobo4asslicker2k15

GGWP

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Corvette

Jesus guys, Can anyone go 1 day without provoking someone else? I mean, I don't get ingame everyday but I check the forums, And almost every day it's the same bullshit "He Insulted me" "He Provoked me to do it" Blah blah fucking blah. If CT is gonna last any longer we need to quit pointing the fucking finger, Quit making up shit about staff just to get them demoted or fired or get them pissed off, And Quit provoking EVERYONE! /endrant

TheGame

Comon people, it's a game.. Just play it. Also, it is almost christmas so forgive each other for what you have done.  ;) The feeling of christmas!  :happycmas:

Lindsey

That girl has a point of view for future, but still more and more Convoyers become the trollers. Maybe get an example: where are the convoys in the full meaning of word? Even if I'm not playing so often (rather almost never) and I came to see what's new on xmas, all I see is "some" people trolling around (still probly didn't see many of them) and convoys "full" of truckers (like 1-2-3 max), I saw my dump-convoy was the biggest for next 2 hours. I'm suprised that CONVOY Trucking becomes Freeroy Trolling, and these who were great players before became weirdly trollers in unexpected way. I hope that people won't see the Easy Cash on the others and waiting for new occassion to make someone trouble by provoking. I know, Lindsey hates the comparing the New Convoy Trucking to this 2010/11 Old one's, But take a look, we can hide and stay gray players or do something with that, maybe bring more professional fun, not the trolling of kids who associate Internet by "idiotic jokes" or more idiotic memes.

Quote from: Ethan on October 26, 2013, 04:18
#Lindseyforowner2014
#Lindseyforadmin2014

:3 :3 :like: :like: :3 :3
#Ethanforasslicker2013
#Hoboforasslicker2013

easy enough? be professional, not the asslicker, write own reply if you want to add something usefull, if not, you know what to do..

A lot of people bringing up Staff as an "excuse" or "reason" for issues, well, it's not a reason i don't play anymore, i purely hate the lag and latency. I know i sound like a broken record, but this was primarily a Euro server and moving to the US when during peak times, the US had 40 players on max is just not right, I've no doubt there are euro servers with DDoS protection and i will stand by my offer to donate the server running costs monthly without ever even seeing the admin panel, this isn't to become admin or staff again in any way, i just want to come back to the old ways!

Also, hi Snake, thanks for replying, Ethan wasn't ass licking though, he was agreeing with me, what he said was partially sarcastic, i've lost all want to become staff not because i have no faith, but because my time has already been served, it's only right that other players get a chance to be in the limelight.

I will ask some admins to remove the flaming / deogatory comments to ensure there are no arguments, this thread is about discussing what you think as a community (apart from updates) could help you enjoy the experience, and ensure continued play time.

Arguing just says to mick "what's the point in going out of my way to help people who are just being immature?"

Lindsey

EDIT: Snake has agreed maturely to remove his comments without moderation, which is great!

Also, i've logged in online today and found the server to be located in the EU, which is fantastic news, i look forward to some convoys!

Merry christmas everyone and I WILL be online on christmas day!
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]