News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

PC Issues

Started by Dobby, October 05, 2013, 03:43

Dobby

Few weeks ago my HD died. I don't know why exactly, but this issue im having now may be the same cause.

I was on CT, had a few programs running in the background (Skype, Xfire etc). All of a sudden i heard a noise, the kind you get when you turn your PC on (hopefully you know, the sound of the power running through the machine) and my whole PC just seized up. Turned it off and then back on, turned out, at the time my HD had failed.

Brought my new OS (Windows 7) but before i started to install it, i thought i'd try out to see if mentioned hard drive was truly dead. It powered up. So i installed to that (bad idea). It still works to this day, except im hearing the same noises again, it happens after 2 hours of use. think my PSU is the reason this is happening? its a shitty generic 250w thing i got with the case

Specs:

RAM: 2.5gb
CPU: Intel Celeron E1200 Dual Core 1.6Ghz
GPU: nvidia geforce 210

Think it's worth me buying a new PSU? I'm planning a build soon anyway so i might as well buy a new one ASAP if you think that's the issue, or the hard drive is failing i'll get a new OS as well as an SSD.
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

bazingashane0

I would buy a new power supply suitable to your new build as it seems like the power supply isn't supplying enough amps to power the system correctly.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Hobo

Quote from: Shane0 on October 05, 2013, 07:26
I would buy a new power supply suitable to your new build as it seems like the power supply isn't supplying enough amps to power the system correctly.
250W is so low. I have a 250W on my 12 year old PC... As Shane said, get a new PSU as soon as possible.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dr_dog

Turned off > Turned on

Sounds like your motherboard killed the power to prevent damage by surge of power supply..
If its smart enough to do it or then it just took the hit and survived hopefully.

Your hard drive may not be that lucky..

For SSD: Can you fit all your stuff on 128GB/256GB? those being the most common size people get.

For new build: Definatly get a good like 500W 600W PSU

You can calculate the about number of wattages you want for build here:
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

If you can boot of USB stick or CD. Get Hdat2 and run the hard drive test on it to see if it has shitload of bad sectors or any other warnings/errors

Hdat2:
http://www.hdat2.com/files/hdat2iso_493.exe
Burn the ISO to CD/DVD (extract it first by running the exe)

Then boot that CD inside the drive and it does some initiation at the begin... later it asks what to do.
just run hdat2 from the menu
X:\ hdat2
-does more wonders-
Now you should be in the main menu. Go to 'device test menu'
and run something like 'read write read' or something whatever you like

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC