[WIP] Towtruck modification by nyolc8

Started by nyolc8, August 16, 2013, 16:33

nyolc8

Ethan

nyolc8

QuoteThe Tow Truck, somewhat, resembles a seventh generation F-Series Ford Wrecker.
Source: http://gta.wikia.com/Tow_Truck

And that's why I made the front like that. I always made my mods from gta.wikia.com infos.

Benny

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Rahail

LoVeRxD

Very very nyloc8, i like it so much, when it will be realesd i will use it for sure!
definetly i will give you  :like: on it!
Be Carefull ''Troll Face'' Down Below!
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

sardarji

nyolc8

Some progress:

- made working lights
- narrowed the back section of the car
- lifted up the whole front half of the car
- modified the tow arm
- modified the rear of the car
- made space for double rear wheels (wheels will be made at the end of the project)

(It's NOT near finished)
[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/uHkOl#0[/imgur]

Sadly the front wheels "bug" only fixable with handling.cfg editing, or by applying hydraulics to the vehicle (on the screenshots you can see hydraulics applied to make the front wheels straight). So I just leave the front wheels positions as they are.

(the car chassic will be full colorizable)

Supreme

Benny

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

nyolc8

Blitz_FR

nyolc8

I have a problem: If I just open the default towtruck in zmodeler, and then I just save it, the towed car will be in wrong place behind the car in game. So it's visually not connecting to the towcar. This problem is present with my modified towtruck too. But as I said, if I just open the default towtruck, then I export it, that will have the same problem too... So z-modeler breaks something... Any idea to fix this? :-\

Rubber

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 20, 2013, 17:22
I have a problem: If I just open the default towtruck in zmodeler, and then I just save it, the towed car will be in wrong place behind the car in game. So it's visually not connecting to the towcar. This problem is present with my modified towtruck too. But as I said, if I just open the default towtruck, then I export it, that will have the same problem too... So z-modeler breaks something... Any idea to fix this? :-\

I have experienced the same thing a few times. It puts the camera (in game) in a different location? I have fixed it before, but I forget how. Check all the collisions, chassisvlo, and shadow models. Sometimes they get whacky when you import it (some might be pointed sideways or vertical)

nyolc8

Quote from: Rubber on August 20, 2013, 17:37
Quote from: nyolc8 on August 20, 2013, 17:22

I have experienced the same thing a few times. It puts the camera (in game) in a different location? I have fixed it before, but I forget how. Check all the collisions, chassisvlo, and shadow models. Sometimes they get whacky when you import it (some might be pointed sideways or vertical)
Checked everything already, I even made a "testcar" by deleted the whole rear half of the car (chassicvlo, shadow models too), then left only one-one poligon in the tow arm objects to check if it's because of the boundary boxes or something, but it still puts the towed vehicle to wrong position. I even tried to delete the whole tow arm and it still had an invisible tow arm in game (so the model doesn't had a tow arm, but the game still generated some invisible arm to it) and I could tow vehicles without tow arm too... I just don't know what should I do... :-\
BUT when I make a looooong tow arm, then the towed vehicle is in different position, but still not connecting visually... so if I move the towing point, then it moves the towed car too, but always put it behind it, so it's never connected visually in game.