[WIP] Towtruck modification by nyolc8

Started by nyolc8, August 16, 2013, 16:33

nyolc8

I tried other towtruck mods and those have this bug too, so I think I'll just leave it as it...

Rahail

Rubber

Quote from: nyolc8 on August 20, 2013, 18:42
Quote from: Rubber on August 20, 2013, 17:37
Quote from: nyolc8 on August 20, 2013, 17:22
I have a problem: If I just open the default towtruck in zmodeler, and then I just save it, the towed car will be in wrong place behind the car in game. So it's visually not connecting to the towcar. This problem is present with my modified towtruck too. But as I said, if I just open the default towtruck, then I export it, that will have the same problem too... So z-modeler breaks something... Any idea to fix this? :-\

I have experienced the same thing a few times. It puts the camera (in game) in a different location? I have fixed it before, but I forget how. Check all the collisions, chassisvlo, and shadow models. Sometimes they get whacky when you import it (some might be pointed sideways or vertical)
Checked everything already, I even made a "testcar" by deleted the whole rear half of the car (chassicvlo, shadow models too), then left only one-one poligon in the tow arm objects to check if it's because of the boundary boxes or something, but it still puts the towed vehicle to wrong position. I even tried to delete the whole tow arm and it still had an invisible tow arm in game (so the model doesn't had a tow arm, but the game still generated some invisible arm to it) and I could tow vehicles without tow arm too... I just don't know what should I do... :-\
BUT when I make a looooong tow arm, then the towed vehicle is in different position, but still not connecting visually... so if I move the towing point, then it moves the towed car too, but always put it behind it, so it's never connected visually in game.

I think I know how to fix that problem you describe at the end. When you extend the tow boom, you MUST keep the pickup dummy in the stock gta location and move the rest of the vehicle. So, import a stock tow truck, then move your mod so the pickup point matches with the original. The mod should be slightly longer than the stock one now. Im not sure if this helps, but its what I do on trailers to delag them and it kind of sounds like the same problem

Blitz_FR

Quote from: Rubber on August 21, 2013, 16:12
I have a problem: If I just open the default towtruck in zmodeler, and then I just save it, the towed car will be in wrong place behind the car in game. So it's visually not connecting to the towcar. This problem is present with my modified towtruck too. But as I said, if I just open the default towtruck, then I export it, that will have the same problem too... So z-modeler breaks something... Any idea to fix this? :-\

I have experienced the same thing a few times. It puts the camera (in game) in a different location? I have fixed it before, but I forget how. Check all the collisions, chassisvlo, and shadow models. Sometimes they get whacky when you import it (some might be pointed sideways or vertical)
Checked everything already, I even made a "testcar" by deleted the whole rear half of the car (chassicvlo, shadow models too), then left only one-one poligon in the tow arm objects to check if it's because of the boundary boxes or something, but it still puts the towed vehicle to wrong position. I even tried to delete the whole tow arm and it still had an invisible tow arm in game (so the model doesn't had a tow arm, but the game still generated some invisible arm to it) and I could tow vehicles without tow arm too... I just don't know what should I do... :-\
BUT when I make a looooong tow arm, then the towed vehicle is in different position, but still not connecting visually... so if I move the towing point, then it moves the towed car too, but always put it behind it, so it's never connected visually in game.

I think I know how to fix that problem you describe at the end. When you extend the tow boom, you MUST keep the pickup dummy in the stock gta location and move the rest of the vehicle. So, import a stock tow truck, then move your mod so the pickup point matches with the original. The mod should be slightly longer than the stock one now. Im not sure if this helps, but its what I do on trailers to delag them and it kind of sounds like the same problem

+1 I think it's the solution too  :like:

Dr_Alio

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

MeTaLiXx

[hide=Old Signature]
[hide= Ingame Stats]
[/hide]
[/hide]

nyolc8

Quote from: Blitz_FR on August 21, 2013, 16:14
Quote from: Rubber on August 21, 2013, 16:12

+1 I think it's the solution too  :like:
I modified the default towtruck so every dummy is in the same position as were. So I already have the tow dummys/objects in the same positions as in the original model, and it's wrong. I already tried to move the elements to back, then tried to move them forward, but it's wrong everytime. And as I said, if I just open the default towtruck in zmod, then I export it without any modifying, it will be wrong. So somehow opening in zmodeler breaks this.

COLBYLICIOUS

nyolc8

I'm still trying to fix the tow position... and here's what I know:
The actual towing point position is not actually related to the misc_a and misc_b (tow arm) elements position.
I tried to move the tow arm to the middle of the car, and the actual towing point is still behind the car. BUT If I move the misc_a and misc_b more behind the car, then the actual towing point moves behind too...

nyolc8

Success! I managed to fix it! I needed to rotate the tow arm 180 degree on the X axis in zmodeler. The game rotates it to it's normal angle and the problem gone. I think the game uses the model boundaries to calculate the actual towing position. Like how it's calculate the camera position. So I rotated the tow arm into the car, and it's boundaries are inside the car as well.

sorin

nyolc8

Thanks all!
I just realized, that the tow position is related to the chassic_vlo. So If I delete from the chassic_vlo rear, the towing point will moved forward. (And the tow arm need to rotated inside zmodeler) So basically I can make/reposition the tow arm as I want and still getting perfect visually connection between the vehicles  :)

Benny

Looks cool! But the wheels look strange atm, make paintable ones! ;)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

nyolc8

Quote from: Benny on August 22, 2013, 15:41
Looks cool! But the wheels look strange atm, make paintable ones! ;)
you know I'll make new wheels...  ;D the space for the rear double wheels are already made.

Vinny

Damn you rock nyolc. May I ask where did you learn this all from ? Is it school, Internet or just by your own curiosity ?
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.