News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

steam help

Started by droctogonapus, July 16, 2013, 21:09

droctogonapus

A long time ago I torrented Grand Theft Auto IV but since then I've got it for steam legit.  But since I have limited data usage I don't want to download the game again and I want to move the game to the steam game install location without having to download the whole game again.  I have looked around on the internet but haven't found anything useful.

Help would be appreciated.

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Ethan

so you torrented it then got it on steam and now you want to move the torrented version to the steam location???

sounds hard

Rockey

i don't think this is possible, steam will give you a key for this game, and the torrented one with interrupt this new key, just download it over a few weeks/months depending on the internet usage you have

Terrorista310

how about downloading the gta 4 from steam and save a copy in a pen or HDD usb
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

TheSandman

Go on your steam, go to your GTAIV and delete local files (if you have started downloading it, otherwise, skip this.)

Install the GTA somewhere, copy it to Steam > steamapps > common > into a folder called "Grand Theft Auto IV".
Go on your Steam, and try to download it, it will check for files already (or something along the lines of that.)
If it tries to download from scratch, delete the torrented install from steamapps, and local files from Steam.

Or, if your torrent is an .iso, mount it, go onto Run, type "*steam install location*" -install :(mounted iso drive letter).
For example, i would type "D:\Steam\Steam.exe" -install :E

If that doesnt work, youll have to download it from scratch.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Matias

If i were you i wouldn't even try to link the torrented files to my steam, i mean, it's dangerous, and what if steam detects like if you are trying to fool the system? It would be better if you download it from scratch again.