North American [East] World of Tanks group/clan

Started by Nate, June 28, 2013, 15:18

Nate

Recently a bunch of us started playing the popular tank mmo WoT. I discovered this when it was first released a few years ago, so im much farther along than alot of you (tier 6/7) which means that I can help you get started/answer question/etc.

I don't know if you guys check the WoT website, but they have monthly events where you get together a team of (7?) people and you play in a tournament for in-game prizes. Post your ingame names here!

In-game name: Neighborly_Shrimp

New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Rainbow

I hate how the platoon system works in this game.. Was playing with cal last night and he is only tier one, I used my tier 2 tank and it put us against all tier 3 and 4s. xP Than I used my M7 Priest and it put us against all tier 5s. Cal loved those KV-1s with his little T1 xD

Dr_dog

It finds match by the highest tier in platoon. I saw a tier 1 in T6-8 game as he was in platoon with somebody.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rainbow

Quote from: Dr_dog on June 28, 2013, 21:21
It finds match by the highest tier in platoon. I saw a tier 1 in T6-8 game as he was in platoon with somebody.

Another thing.. Why does tier 3 arty always get matched with tier 5? I mean.. Anything else gets matched tier by tier.. Why is arty so special? It is rare to have a game of just tier 3s with my M7 priest.

Shake

I played WOT once and I felt it was totally not a Strategy game, which was supposed to.

I got really disappointed with the matchmaking too, so I quitted :/

Dr_dog

Because artys are counted too powerful same and lower tiers.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Nate

Like Dr. Dog said, if you are in a platoon the Matchmaking is decided on the highest ranked tank so try and platoon with same/similar tiers. Here's a basic guide of the matchmaking system:

Here's the heirarchy chart to go along with the matchmaking guide:

Artillery
Heavy Tank/Tank Destroyers
Medium Tanks
Light Tanks

So for example, tier 3 Light tank is lower than a tier 3 Medium, but higher than a tier 2 Light, and hence it can be placed in either match.

Tier 1 Light - Tier 3 Medium
Tier 2 Light - Tier 4 Heavy
Tier 3 Medium - Tier 6 Heavy
Tier 4 Medium - Tier 8 Heavy
New (newer) laptop specs[spoiler]Laptop: Acer Aspire v3-571g-6602
Cpu: i5 2450M 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz Boost)
Gpu: Nvidia GT 630m 2gb
Ram: 8gb dual channel DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 500gb
[/spoiler]

Spekter

Quote from: Nate on June 29, 2013, 00:39

Tier 1 Light - Tier 3 Medium
Tier 2 Light - Tier 4 Heavy
Tier 3 Medium - Tier 6 Heavy
Tier 4 Medium - Tier 8 Heavy

I'm not sure if i understand what are you trying to say with this. Which tanks get in battle with each other? If that's the case you're very wrong.

Rainbow

I'm not getting to serious in the pc version.. I have a few tier 2 tanks.. Been liking the T18 but i'm slowly learning to use the T2 medium.

But as soon as the game comes out on xbox, i'm gonna switch over.

Ethan

rainbow, go get on now with cal... we should have a WOT club... lmao
nate, moondog, cal, rainbow, me... would be an epic battle.... there may be a cap at three players to a platoon but whats the limit on team training or whatever

Rainbow

Quote from: Ethan on June 29, 2013, 02:28
nate, moondog, cal, rainbow, me... would be an epic battle.... there may be a cap at three players to a platoon but whats the limit on team training or whatever

I don't think there is a limit on team training (well there is i'm sure, but shoul be like 8)

Spekter

Quote from: Rainbow on June 29, 2013, 02:26
I'm not getting to serious in the pc version.. I have a few tier 2 tanks.. Been liking the T18 but i'm slowly learning to use the T2 medium.

If you are using T18: equip 75mm howitzer and load up HE shells, that combo brings so much death lol.

Quote from: Rainbow on June 29, 2013, 02:35

I don't think there is a limit on team training (well there is i'm sure, but shoul be like 8)

I'm not sure but i believe it's 15 per team, just like in battles. Never tried anything other than 1 vs 1.

Rainbow

Quote from: Sveki on June 29, 2013, 02:39

If you are using T18: equip 75mm howitzer and load up HE shells, that combo brings so much death lol.

I'm not sure but i believe it's 15 per team, just like in battles. Never tried anything other than 1 vs 1.

I was using the howitzer a few battles.. though I was using AP rounds (Just checked.. I was using HE rounds, AP is not available for howitzer. I kill faster using the gun I have on it now).. maybe that is why nothing was dieing...x_x I switched to the other gun, not the stock one but the third one and using AP rounds.. it is effective medium to long range and accurate.

Spekter

Quote from: Rainbow on June 29, 2013, 02:42
Quote from: Sveki on June 29, 2013, 02:39

I was using the howitzer a few battles.. though I was using AP rounds.. maybe that is why nothing was dieing...x_x I switched to the other gun, not the stock one but the third one and using AP rounds.. it is effective medium to long range and accurate.

Howitzers are bad with AP shells since they have low muzzle velocity. :P

T18 has great frontal armor, so it's a good brawler. With that howitzer and HE shells it can one-shot almost all tier 2 and some tier 3 tanks if you manage to hit their sides or rear. :)

Rainbow

Howitzers are bad with AP shells since they have low muzzle velocity. :P

T18 has great frontal armor, so it's a good brawler. With that howitzer and HE shells it can one-shot almost all tier 2 and some tier 3 tanks if you manage to hit their sides or rear. :)

I used it a few times and it takes a few shots on pretty much every tank I shoot at to kill.. do you mean the HE rounds that are cheaper or the anti-tank HE rounds?