North American [East] World of Tanks group/clan

Started by Nate, June 28, 2013, 15:18

Spekter

Quote from: Rainbow on June 29, 2013, 02:52

Howitzers are bad with AP shells since they have low muzzle velocity. :P

T18 has great frontal armor, so it's a good brawler. With that howitzer and HE shells it can one-shot almost all tier 2 and some tier 3 tanks if you manage to hit their sides or rear. :)

I used it a few times and it takes a few shots on pretty much every tank I shoot at to kill.. do you mean the HE rounds that are cheaper or the anti-tank HE rounds?

Regular HE rounds. I mean, sure, you could use HEAT rounds as well, and they would be pretty much insta-kills wherever you hit the weaker tanks, but in my opinion it is overkill. Not to mention they are rather expensive.

So, use HE shells and go in for close range combat, it is definitely the better option than sniping, at least for the T18.

Calvingreen17.

I'm up for a clan.

Ig name: richman_in_poverty if ya didnt add meh yet.

Older and wiser

Rainbow

Quote from: Sveki on June 29, 2013, 02:58
Quote from: Rainbow on June 29, 2013, 02:52

Howitzers are bad with AP shells since they have low muzzle velocity. :P

T18 has great frontal armor, so it's a good brawler. With that howitzer and HE shells it can one-shot almost all tier 2 and some tier 3 tanks if you manage to hit their sides or rear. :)

I used it a few times and it takes a few shots on pretty much every tank I shoot at to kill.. do you mean the HE rounds that are cheaper or the anti-tank HE rounds?

Regular HE rounds. I mean, sure, you could use HEAT rounds as well, and they would be pretty much insta-kills wherever you hit the weaker tanks, but in my opinion it is overkill. Not to mention they are rather expensive.

So, use HE shells and go in for close range combat, it is definitely the better option than sniping, at least for the T18.

I started using the howitzer again and playing more aggressively on certain maps works. I got a few one hit kills, but most were two. I tend to snipe with it more though which still down incredible damage.

I have a new toy now that I just took out two tier 2 mediums and a tier 3 tank destroyer with as they were rushing down the center of the map towards me at the base (they got real close before I got the last two.) They also got my hp down to 1% after which after I killed the last guy, I took a shot from an angle that magically bounced off and a teammate proceeded to blow him up. Guess what it is? Huh? Huh? A hint... It's a tier 2 SPG.. And it's not my old favorite T57.