A queue for buying a house!! extreemely needed

Started by mircea9892004, March 18, 2013, 19:56

mircea9892004

I searched for this kind of topic and didn't find anything. I hope I'm not repeating this idea, if so, please direct me to the available information.

If not, I'm strongly and most urgently suggesting that a proper queue is needed for buying a house.
This might work on the forum: you can sign on to the desired number of slots, stand in 'line', and after the people who signed before you got to buy one, you're up, and you have a day to buy it after it becomes available. If you don't like that particular house, you can skip it and the next in queue will get to buy it.

I find this extreemely needed. I myself have been waiting for a 2-3 slot for a few months now, and this house crisis is really annoying, but I am willing to wait. It's not fair that while I'm waiting, a house may become available and some other guy who has waited less than me buys it because he gets to it first from the moment it becomes available, or simply because I'm not online to 'race' for it. Btw, this 'race' is not fair either, because players are not the same distance from it when it happenes.

I hope you will consider this, it will prove to be quite useful.
I had a 3 slot house, before this house crisis began, which I lost due to inactivity for 3 months, or something like that. Now I can't seem to get a hold of even a 2 slot one, and they keep appearing and everybody gets them except me, even though I'm waiting months on end.

Thank you.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ethan

its called the /forsale list, if there are houses on it, they are either forsale or not ready yet, nothing else need to be done, no ebay type stuff where you bid on it, or some other way for you to buy houses are needed nor (imho) will be done

Neonix

Quote from: Ethan on March 18, 2013, 19:59
its called the /forsale list, if there are houses on it, they are either forsale or not ready yet, nothing else need to be done, no ebay type stuff where you bid on it, or some other way for you to buy houses are needed nor (imho) will be done

Ethan as much as /forsale is useful i think the idea suggested is quite decent....think about this situation

A guy who has been working  hard and waiting a long time to buy for a 2-3 slot house but has to go offline

then a house becomes available and a guy who has been waiting less time gets to it 1st i say thats unfair i think this system has both advantages and disadvantages i will list them below

Advantages

>Gives Players a chance to get better houses a more efficient way

>A chance for people who have been waiting for ages to get a decent house finally can

Disadvantages

>Due to Server demands on houses the Ques will be quite long

> You may not have the cash when you reach the front but did have when you first signed up

Good Idea

Would like to see beta test of idea =D
+1337

Philip_Morris

I actually like this idea, would be really useful, even if u can add to the list what neighboor do u want and stuff like that. Excellent +1

mircea9892004

QuoteDisadvantages

>Due to Server demands on houses the Ques will be quite long

> You may not have the cash when you reach the front but did have when you first signed up

I would like to refute both this disadvantages.

1. The length of the queue is irrelevant, the queue's existence itself assures the buyers with waiting a fair amount of time for the house. If anything, the longer the queue, the more buyers will find justice in waiting.
2. If you don't have the cash, you loose your spot in the queue and the next player can buy it. And since the time allocated to the player to buy the house is 1 day, if he doesn't have the money, the next in line will buy it the very next day, which is not long to wait at all, compared to the amount you wait for a house to become available.

I thank everyone for their support in this idea, and ask apologies to the scripter for the work needed to install this.

Papu.

A long time ago I had this idea, but I haven't presented it: D + 1kk

mircea9892004

Another 3 slot is available and I have no way of buying it. More than 10 other people are waiting to move in to buy it, and I'm sure only one or two of them have waited more than me, the rest just got the money recently. Please do something about it.

bazingashane0

Not needed at all.
Half of the time people will not have the money ready and then they will whinge there is another x number slot house for sale that they want instead or they might have gotten a house in the mean time and then there is the case of giving people a minimum of 12 or 24 hrs to respond if they still want it etc etc.
-1 for me.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Dobby

Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

mircea9892004

I was finally able to buy a 3 slot, after almost an year of waiting for one and several hours of 'camping' in the area today, and this is while another unlucky player could have bought it before me but got arrested. To that I say it's not my fault, I was very fast myself, and whatever the reason for his wanted level, I seemed to have the advantage of not being wanted. Yey me :D

However, the system does have this flaw, that it needs a queuing system for buying a house. Many houses are bought by a lot of players that have been waiting for it far less then those who can't seem to catch one.