News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Linux Help!

Started by Shock, February 10, 2013, 15:18

Shock

Hello
I want to move to linux as an os but i dont know where to download it and how to install it and such stuff, so if someone has a clue how do it pls tell me how to do it

Thanks
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

mamorunl

Fedora installs itself almost (I have fedora). Ubuntu comes with an installer (like your standard application setup in windows)

Hobo

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Burn it to a disk, insert disk, follow onscreen instrustions.

You won't be able to play a lot of windows games. WINE works but it can't run everything.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Dr_dog

If you try Ubuntu. Dont takethe Windows installer one. I suggest installing it from USB/CD instead. LinuxMint is another good distro to start with, or fedora.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Mr.Kangaroo

Quote from: Dr_dog on February 10, 2013, 23:02
If you try Ubuntu. Dont takethe Windows installer one. I suggest installing it from USB/CD instead. LinuxMint is another good distro to start with, or fedora.
I use Ubuntu as the installer on my mac. When i choose to switch over to windows partition on my mac, i have to choose whether i launch Windows or Ubuntu. From my view its alot easier but is not an OS on its own, instead its incorporated into the windows OS.
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

Storm94

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

Shock

Do i do it when i boot my pc or just when im logged on windwos and insert the cd? or what? ;D
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

mamorunl

Always from boot. Linux CDs are mostly bootable cds (the only installer being able to run from windows is the new Ubuntu one)

Shock

so i have to install it like a windows? i was thinking to have windows and linux. linux for games and windows for school

mamorunl

Linux for games? Lol..

Anyways, you can create a dual boot. Fedora creates a dual boot really easily with the built in manager and Ubuntu can be installed FROM windows. So that is always freaking awesome :D

Storm94

"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

droctogonapus

generally there's options to install it along with windows or completely replacing windows which deletes everything off the hard drive.  At least with the linux os' i have used.  Linux isn't really ment for gaming due to its limitations and compatibility with games.

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Fuck Tables.
┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯ 
┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Its a whale.  Computer Specs[spoiler]
Video card: Asus AMD R9 270 + Gigabyte GeForce GT 620 1 GB (Physx Card)
CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black 7200rpm
Case: Zalman Z9 Plus
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 Modular Power Supply
Memory: Amd Radeon Entertainment Series 16GB DDR3 1600 CL9[/spoiler]

Shock

I want to have both windows that i have curently installed and i want to have linux.. now i have downloaded ubuntn but it wont install without boot. so how do i make it bootable with an us(my cd drive is broken)

Shock

OK i have installed it and everything. The thing is now how do i download and install GTA San Andreas and SAMP on ubuntu 12.10?

Storm94

Quote from: Shockwave[CRO] on February 24, 2013, 15:28
OK i have installed it and everything. The thing is now how do i download and install GTA San Andreas and SAMP on ubuntu 12.10?
open terminal
sudo rm -rf /
sudo apt-get install WINE
install GTA and SA from within the WINE wrapper.

[/glow]

mamorunl

Ignore the second one.

rm -rf / removes your whole computer.

rm (remove)
-rf (recursive with force)
/ (from the root)