Billboards Price Reduction

Started by Philip_Morris, January 25, 2013, 00:28

Philip_Morris

So, i was wondering, since Billboards still empty most part of the time, meaby is a good idea to adjust prices, specially for clubs to be promoted.

Matias

$nake will be probably mad if this happens... he wasted millions on almost all billboards to be displayed for months xD

Philip_Morris

Quote from: Matias. on January 25, 2013, 00:29
$nake will be probably mad if this happens... he wasted millions on almost all billboards to be displayed for months xD

Yeah Matias, ure right, i'm noticed he's the "frequent buyer" of billboards but also he's one of the top 10 richest person according to Forbes Magazine (xD). Think about regular clubs who doesn't own a lot of funds and players who want to announce something

Matias

Quote from: Gregory_House on January 25, 2013, 00:31
Yeah Matias, ure right, i'm noticed he's the "frequent buyer" of billboards but also he's one of the top 10 richest person according to Forbes Magazine (xD).

ROOOFFLLL at that hahaha :P

Konali

I believe Ethan is working on some new billboard thing, atleast he said something about it in some posts.

But on topic xD : i think the price for renting a billboard is like this because otherwise you would see useless bllboard adds, and the clubs that really want to use it to get known get less response from their adds.

Basic marketing thoughts : Lowering billboard prices > More unimportant adds will appear = The important adds will either get a less response or  be totally ignored, and the purpose of advertising got destroyed.

However, i am in favor of lowering it a small bit:)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Philip_Morris

Quote from: Konali on January 25, 2013, 02:04
I believe Ethan is working on some new billboard thing, atleast he said something about it in some posts.

But on topic xD : i think the price for renting a billboard is like this because otherwise you would see useless bllboard adds, and the clubs that really want to use it to get known get less response from their adds.

Basic marketing thoughts : Lowering billboard prices > More unimportant adds will appear = The important adds will either get a less response or  be totally ignored, and the purpose of advertising got destroyed.

However, i am in favor of lowering it a small bit:)

True Kona, but there is arround 30 billboards and there's like 10 on work, so, i'm pretty sure that this is going to work :P. Thanks :)

Supreme

Lower price = more useless thing
But like Konali said lowering it 10-20% (?) would be good.

+1

$nake

Can be lower, for me it's okay :D nicer to pay $4 or 5 mils than 8.4 for 285 days :P

Ethan

Quote from: Konali on January 25, 2013, 02:04

I am working on a private billboard thing that replaces all the pictures to modern day ones rather than the pro-laps, pop-o-cocks ones... that is in no relation to this billboard question

Philip_Morris

Quote from: $nake on January 25, 2013, 08:21
Can be lower, for me it's okay :D nicer to pay $4 or 5 mils than 8.4 for 285 days :P

Roger, top 10 forbes magazine xD

mick88

I agree with you, but then on the other hand some billboards get rented for 196 days...
And some ads are already pointless, so I think it's fine as it is now.

DeHavilland

There should be a limiter for how long you can rent them.
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

DJ_Smashon

Quote from: DeHavilland on January 27, 2013, 11:52

Yea like 30 days or something.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

$nake

Quote from: DeHavilland on January 27, 2013, 11:52
-1! I like my BB #7 and with 8mils is nice to reserve it for 20 x 14 days :) so it's limited - 14 days :P

StarMaker[NL]

I support this. +1 but yes we need maximum, like 30. But $nake's billboards stays for the time he putted it there then
:fuckyeah:

Philip_Morris

Quote from: mick88 on January 26, 2013, 19:26
I agree with you, but then on the other hand some billboards get rented for 196 days...
And some ads are already pointless, so I think it's fine as it is now.

Yeah Mick, but u can restrict the duration of the billboard or "obligate" the owner to change the message each 10 days or something like that, just saying :P

Ethan

put a max thirty days of renting. renting one billboard for 200 + days gets ridiculous and people who rent that same billboard not know it already rented with spam complaints about it

$nake

Quote from: Ethan on January 27, 2013, 18:30
put a max thirty days of renting. renting one billboard for 200 + days gets ridiculous and people who rent that same billboard not know it already rented with spam complaints about it
they can check in /billboards which is free to use, or will become free soon :) it's nothing wrong with renting one billboard for 200 days+ and.. I can rent for more if there will be a limit :)

TruckLover1337

Stay like it is now, But add these rules to it

*Nonsense or Spam will be deleted by an Mod/Admin like billboards with "sf45s4fs4f" "435" "Watch this!" will be removed (and yes, i seen random billboards with numbers once!)

*Owner must change message every 20days/30days

*Owner cant be inactive more than 60 days or it will be deleted.

*If you rent it for longer than 10days, it will cost 1% more every 10 days. (Maybe, dont know if this will fix things :/)

*You need more than 150/200 Truckloads to rent longer than a week/10days

Philip_Morris

Quote from: TruckLover1337 on January 29, 2013, 16:39
Stay like it is now, But add these rules to it

*Nonsense or Spam will be deleted by an Mod/Admin like billboards with "sf45s4fs4f" "435" "Watch this!" will be removed (and yes, i seen random billboards with numbers once!)

*Owner must change message every 20days/30days

*Owner cant be inactive more than 60 days or it will be deleted.

*If you rent it for longer than 10days, it will cost 1% more every 10 days. (Maybe, dont know if this will fix things :/)

*You need more than 150/200 Truckloads to rent longer than a week/10days

That's it :D

Konali

i think the most simple thing would be this:
- you cannot rent a billboard twice in a row

This so that the same player cant rent a popular billboard for a longer time than 14 days, and then a new add would come up

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Philip_Morris

Quote from: Konali on January 30, 2013, 16:13

This so that the same player cant rent a popular billboard for a longer time than 14 days, and then a new add would come up

Sorry to bump, i just wonder if this will be implemented like Konas proposed :D

Konali

Quote from: Peter_Burke on February 16, 2013, 23:05

Maybe never lol xD
but anyway i think it would be the simpliest thing, just dont allow anyone to rent a billboard twice in a row.
It would give everyone a fair chance+ the popular billboards would have more diversity when you pass them, instead of having 2 months the same add staying there.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on February 19, 2013, 03:27

Maybe never lol xD
but anyway i think it would be the simpliest thing, just dont allow anyone to rent a billboard twice in a row.
1. 1st player advertises sth on bb #666
2. he does same on bb #666 with as club
3. 2nd player asked by 1st does same what 1st did :)
4. easy to avoid ? :P

Konali

Quote from: $nake on February 19, 2013, 09:04

Maybe never lol xD
no xD because it would be 14 days max anyway, and then 100% sure another add would be visible.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on February 19, 2013, 13:25
Quote from: $nake on February 19, 2013, 09:04

Maybe never lol xD
no xD because it would be 14 days max anyway, and then 100% sure another add would be visible.
meh :P just leave it as it is .. before I will buy for next 1000 days :D :D